Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

3.1

on 10/18/2013 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Good God I love this color. I am a sucker for lavender/lilac shades and they are super flattering on my skin-tone. I have been looking forever for a stain or something that would not be dry but would be this color.
This starts off on me as a very blue based pinky color and stains to a berry-like but still hint of lavender color. I love it. It looked like I ate berries or drank light wine. It's a gorgeous shade and unique.
This line by Revlon is a huge hit for me. I have a bunch of the colors now and this is my favorite. Very much like wearing a balm but it stains after the balm disappears. When the balm part wears off I forgot I even had it on previously because it feels like nothing. I looked in the mirror tonight for example and spotted the pink/lavender stain and was surprised. I had applied it 4 hours earlier. I had drank coffee and was in a big meeting talking a lot. I got compliments on the color as well asking what it was and it was a beautiful color.
I am a NW20 for reference. I have hazel eyes and dark hair. I wore this with Kitten shadow by WNW and Nutty.

on 10/11/2013 7:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love the idea of these lip stains. I love that they don't seem to irritate my sensitive lips like so many similar products do. But oy, vey! I just wish they would be true to color shown and stay that color. Also, I hate how these start to wear off and leave that ring of color around your mouth. They go on looking one way and always change significantly on my lips. Now, for the record, Darling is one of the nicer shades on my NW20 complexion. But I was hoping for a soft pale lavender. And this turns more of a berry tone on me. The color is fine, nothing special, but so not what I was hoping for from the color of the crayon. The color would get a 3-4. The product gets a 2-3.

on 9/17/2013 10:25:00 PM

This shade goes on light/blue-toned pink on me and stays that color, but it doesn't stay on very long at all and also takes 5-6 layers to see the color. I usually can't wear colors like this because it's too "Barbie" and cheap/tacky-looking on me, but this one grew on me. Since I don't have very many products for lips this color, I have been enjoying it. Mostly though, I've been using it as a lip balm with a little color around the house (like I do with 'Honey') and I'm going through it pretty fast. Definitely won't repurchase when I'm done with it. I've decided I'm not into these sheer lip colors; I don't want to see the texture of my lips when I'm wearing lip color. And I'm just barely comfortable wearing this color. It's just not the most flattering or attention-getting shade for me.

UPDATE: All my Balm Stains and Lip Butters are getting tossed, as they cause tiny pimples/blackheads on my lipline. Invariably by the end of the day when I wear these. Bizarre, and no thank you!

For me -- very cool-toned, fair skin, and pigmented lips -- this is the most wearable of these Balm Stains that I've tried. Initially, it applies as a blue-undertone, lavender pink -- do not bother if you don't like very cool tones. The stain is a deeper pink, but still similarly toned, so it's easy to wear. It doesn't get too overwhelming if you reapply once the balm wears off, though I usually apply a non-staining balm or gloss instead.

I like the wear of this product -- the feel of the balm is nice, and the stain is good without being over the top.

on 6/27/2012 12:22:00 PM

Starts off as a really pretty shade of soft purple. Once that wears off, the stain is a surprising (yet somehow flattering) shade of hot fuschia. I do wish it stayed closer to the original application color but I still like it for summer.

on 6/20/2012 2:54:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Ugh, I can't believe all the reviews about this color being subtle or light! On me this turned a rather embarassing shade of bright fuschia! Perhaps it's just me and my super-freaky-weird body chemistry. I looked like a little girl playing with makeup for the first time. :)

I'm going to take it back and exchange it for a "safer" color. On the upside, the formula of these is quite nice. I also have Honey at the moment. They actually stain your lips for hours and aren't as drying to me as a lipstick or stain.

I thought this color might be similar to my favorite Buxom in Dani. It is so not!!

So far I've bought 5 of these balm stains. Darling was the last one I bought and maybe one of my favorites. I passed on it initially because it was a scary looking lilac color. But once on my lips, it is actually a pretty mauvey pink. Don't be scared off by the color - it's very pretty on!

Popular Lips Products