REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]
Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

4.4

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I just bought this at CVS on clearance about an hour ago. Even though it was 75% off, I was initially hesitant because I wasn't quite sure how the color was going to come out. I really love lilac shades, but sometimes they don't look right on me. Fortunately, it is not the case with this one. This is the first Just Bitten stain I've bought, and I definitely intend to see if I can find others on sale. I love love LOVE this. The formula is creamy, the color is a very beautiful flattering lilac that gives my lips a soft pink flush, and it's very moisturizing. I have the Clinique Voluptuous Violet Chubby Stick trial size from the Macy's GWP, and had considered picking up the full size one once the trial size runs out. Now I won't need to since Darling is a much cheaper, very nice dupe for it. In fact, I think I even like this better than the Clinique version. This balm has a faint tingly peppermint scent that is very refreshing, reminding me a little of the tarte Lipsurgence tints. I couldn't be happier that I found this, though...would definitely repurchase!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I really like this lip stain. I had absolutely no expectations for it: I saw it for 75% off, and scooped it up. I was worried that the shade would either be too barbie pink & frosty or too lilac/pink. The outcome: a darling pink that goes surprisingly well with my pale olive skin. I have been reaching for it when i do simple make-up & want to keep the look sweet & natural. The stain does linger on the lips for some time -- much longer than that clinique lip pencil balm thing (which reminds me, packaging-wise, of this revlon stain). It does not dry out the lips or leave a strange taste behind; the scent is non-existent & the price, even when not on sale, is fair. I am looking forward to trying out other shades. Go for it!

on 12/12/2013 12:28:00 PM

This is my favorite color of all the balm stains! I have blonde hair, brown eyes, and light/medium skin tone. This color looks so gorgeous! It is more of a pink than a purple. I would call it a pink with some lilac tones. The color is strong enough to brighten your face but not overpowering. I find myself wearing it everywhere...work, weekends, night outs, you name it. Right now it is on clearance at CVS for 75 percent off by the way! I realize this might mean it may be discontinued in the near future which is why I stocked up. For $2.50, run, don't walk, to grab some!

on 4/5/2013 4:07:00 PM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Skimming over the reviews I was surprised not to see anyone mention that this balm dramatically changes color on your lips! It applied very cool lavender pink (like the packaging color) but after I had left the house and looked in my compact 45 minutes later it was bright, almost hot pink. And of course I couldn't get it off. Since the lavender was somewhat flattering and the hot pink NOT flattering at all, this was a problem for me.

Balm consistency, packaging, application are all just fine but it's a dealbreaker that it changes from a color I like to a completely different-toned color. Be sure to give these a nice long test before you go out somewhere in them.

on 12/15/2012 11:17:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

In the summer when my skin was slightly darker this colour looked somewhat silly, it was a milky violet purple that looked unnatural and perhaps like something that Niki Manage or a twelve year old would proudly sport. I still had high hopes for it though, and my inkling was correct.
It lasts a decent amount of time on the lips, when it looses its slip, colour remains for quite some time. I would not say this is a stain persay as the colour it 'stains' your lips does fade out and is not nearly as pigmented as when first applied. I would say this is more like a long lasting lip balm - minus the stain bit. The texture is nice, I don't mind the minty smell as it is not overpowering and dissipates pretty quickly. I kinda like the slight tingling or cold sensation if gives your lips when first applied. I have always had a soft spot for minty products like this. The old Burts Bees lipsticks (yup, they had lip sticks back in the day) had a similar feel.
Now that it is winter and my skin is back to its pasty paper white, bordering on sickly self, I love this colour! So long purple, it now looks like a cool toned milky fruit punch-like colour. Imagine you drank fruit punch then applied a milky semi-transparent baby pink lipstick on top. Still unnatural looking as it was when I tried in the summer, but not in a ghastly way now that I have no sight of a tan. This is not one of those My Lips But Better shades. I think it pairs nicely with my black hair and fair complexion. I think I must be fairly neutral in tone as I can wear this colour quite well but I can also wear warm shades just as easily. I quite like this shade as finding a cool toned pink that does not look insane or scream "this product came for free in the box with my latest Barbie" has proven to be a challenge. I do need to pair this with an equally blue based blush otherwise I dont like the effect nearly as much. This colour makes me happy, I wear this with a heavy dosing of dark mascara and a BB cream and I feel I can take over the planet, much like the effect of high heals on some women or a pre-teen's first lipstick.

I love this product. This color in particular is very pigmented on my lips like a bright pink-fuchsia color. It looks good but it's bright not super natural. I love it for summer and can't wait to try more colors.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I wanted to try one of the lighter shades from this line, but they don't seem to stain at all. I have neutral lips that absorb any stain. I am unsure if I'll keep this or return it, the light lilac mauve tone is a little too subtle for me. If you buy this one, you'd be buying it just for the way it appears on your lips, but not for a stain. 80% of this line does stain your lips, but Darling, Charm, and Precious just barely show up. I will upload a few pics of this and on my lips.

on 5/14/2012 9:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Well just when I restocked my beloved Lip Butters from Revlon, along come these super lip balm “sticks.” I think these are pretty new b/c they aren’t in the regular section, but I found them at Rite Aid in a standalone display.

They were having a 40% off sale on all Revlon, so I felt like it would just be wrong not to try a couple??? (after I already bought 2 new lip butters, my collection is TOO big).

Anyway, I love these – maybe more than the lip butter b/c the color is longer lasting. This is sort of like a huge lip liner, but has the consistency of lip balm (I apply it pretty lightly). Even after the balm wears off, you are still left with a nice lip stain.

The colors I got:
1. Honey – a natural, mauvey pink. This is pretty close to my natural lip color, but it enhances it nicely.
2. Precious – In the package or on a swatch it is a shimmery nude. On my pinky lips, it turns to a shimmery pinky color. Also very natural looking.

I would definitely recommend these – they have tons of colors if you are looking for more oomph in your lip color!

on 5/7/2012 11:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was very excited when I seen these at my target...especially because as much time as I spend looking up reviews and new products I didn't know this was comming out. It's not like me to buy something I haven't investigated the web for info on it....but I bought THREE! Darling is a purple, I would compare with divine lip perfection from covergirl. They feel great on my lips, maybe a slight tug at first but thats not something that bothers me. They are roll up so no sharpening needed (YAY, DON'T HAVE TO DEPOT THEM TO MAKE SURE U DON'T WAST PRODUCT!0