Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

4.3

on 6/27/2013 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love this product. It's really moisturising and the perfect balance between colour and shine/balm. The colour is more on the pink side than I was expecting from the packaging, but still a gorgeous lavender-toned pink that is striking and unusual. The formulation is nourishing but has staying power.

The packaging is sleek and looks pretty, and I like the tube because I always find tube lip products more hygienic than tub lip balms.

I actually lost this (cry) and have ordered another one. Really a great colour choice especially for fair-skinned girls.

**Side-note- the colour can really vary in lighting! I put loads on in my bedroom the first time I tried it because it wasn't showing up. I was disappointed and thought it was an over-hyped lipbalm. Went outside and it was BRIGHT pinky lilac!

This is a lovely, lovely product, but it's just not what I wanted/expected. I want light lilac lips, dammit! And this shows up fuscia on me. Very pretty though. I'd probably try it in another color.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

I love this stuff. I got it in this color, and also in Cherish. I like to mix the two together and create a one of a kind, lush pinky-lavender lip. They go on smooth, they have a great,minty scent/flavor, & they make my lips feel great. They also do what they say they do - they stain your lips with a wash of beautiful color, and it lasts forever (at least 8 hrs on me). Even once the balm has worn off, my lips still have nice color to them, so I'll usually just apply a nice gloss over top if I don't want anymore color added, because obviously the more you apply the product, the deeper the color becomes. The nude shades are super nice, too. I got Charm and Precious, and right now, they are my everyday go to lip products. I also LOVE the packaging. They look like a pencil, but you don't have to sharpen. You just twist at the bottom like a lip balm, & there is a TON of product in these things. They are basically a dupe for Clinique's Chubby Sticks, and cost half the price. Score!

on 2/4/2013 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a lovely lip product. First, the packaging is great, in a pencil form that you need not to sharpen. Easily fits in your purse/bag. Smells like peppermint, which I like! It smells fresh. This colour is nice, I find that it's a purple/pink colour. But the less you apply the pinkier it looks and obviously the more you apply the colour gets more intense. So it's very build able. I find that on me, when I go over my lips a couple of times to achieve max colour, it turns almost a fuchsia pink, but it does have purple in it. But I like it. It's not actually a stain at all for me... if it does stain my lips its ever so slightly and its not with a purple tinge, its like a pinky red, but I'm not sure... my lips just get red a lot of the times from rubbing the product on them so much.. but they don't feel sore or anything so perhaps it is a slight stain. But either way I can't agree with the stain part that much, but other than that it's a nice product. I find it's not drying or anything like that, the colour is nice, you can definitely tell that it's a purpley shade, although I find its a lot on the wearable side.

on 1/26/2013 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This a amazing product and I would love to purchase more but I don't think the colour selection offers more colours that I will love as much as this one, it offers a beautiful light purple and the colour intensity can be what ever is preferred depending on the pressure is you apply the retractable pencil with, it stains only slightly because it is a light shade from the collection which is to be suspected and I imagine it the darker shades stain better. The title says 'balm' although it isn't as moisturizing as you may think, I must say it is the least drying stain I have ever tried and that may be why I love it so much although the title suggests that it is comparable to a lip balms but it is not as nourishing however with this all in mind I looked this so much and shall repurchase once it run some out, there is a limited amount of product in the packaging but I believe it shall last a while, overall I would recommend this! :)

on 1/21/2013 11:51:00 PM

I bought this the other day and they didn't have a tester so I picked this and hoped for the best.
My lips are pretty pigmented so it just shows up as a light lilac on me. I do like the colour and I do find it stains after the balm wears off.

Right now Darling has to be my favorite. I love it it's like a light purple/pink. My skin tone is pretty light so lighter lip colors look better on me. It's a pretty everyday kinda lip color :) anyone can wear it

on 11/19/2012 7:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Darling on me is like a soft purple/pink - it is more purple toned than cherish which is what I was after, colour glides on real easy and is very buildable. I also have this balm stain in the 'smitten' colour and am very happy with both!

on 10/5/2012 10:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Like all of the other pale shades from the Balm Stain line Darling is problematic! Like Charm and Precious, Darling is waxier, lower in pigmentation and has no staining effect. Life other reviewers have said, Darling also has the tendency to change colors- occasionally I'll wear it, and it'll be a pale, milky lilac (with no staining effect!) and sometimes it'll change to a bright fuschia (with great staining!). If you're looking to buy a lilac shade, I'd recommend Revlon lip butter in Gumdrop or L'oreal Rouge Caresse Violet Chiffon (oddly enough, this one also can turn fuschia!).

on 9/3/2012 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This is one of my favourite shades of these lip stain balms. The packaging originally scared me away from this colour, as it looks super purple, but the product itself is not nearly as purple as the packaging. This is a nice lilac-pink colour that you can wear sheer or build up easily.
I have bought eight of these so far, and plan on buying two more. They are by far the best lip product I have tried in quite some time. You can choose easily how vibrant the colour is (you can apply just a little for a nice hint of colour, or apply it in layers to build it up). I have found that regular lip stains dry out your lips horribly, and settle into any cracks you may have. This is not the case with these balm stains- these go on just like a moisturizing lipstick. They have a glossy sheen to them and over time the colour fades into a stain. It is a very natural looking stain and it looks gorgeous. I love how they won't come off your lips- so they definitely are "kissable"! They smell of mint at first, but the smell fades quickly. Also, they are tasteless (which is definitely better than having an awful taste like most lip products). Also, the packaging is perfect because there is no need for a sharpener- it just twists up.
I am so glad that I tried these stains! None of them have been a disappointment so far, so I am going to continue to buy and use these!