REVLON Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain - Darling [DISCONTINUED]

Revlon Balm Stain in DarlingRevlon Balm Stain in Darling

3.0

on 5/3/2014 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I'm a fan of lip color and this gives a nice color. Its a pinkish purple-ish color and it looks nice for dressing down or up.

on 10/6/2013 12:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Cute but doesn't last. I actually like how light it is, but sometimes I wish it was more vibrant.

As a teenager, $18 for a Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain (which didn't have too much product) is quite a lot. So when I was given the opportunity to purchase products from the more expensive drugstore brands, I had picked Darling (and Lovesick) as one of my shades.

Darling, for me, is a frosty purple-lilac shade which doesn't entirely suit my slightly tanned skin colour. And I extremely disliked this shade. The smell was horrid and I don't like how it looks and how it feels on my lips (dry, fake and too frosty).

I think some of the other shades (like Lovesick) are much nicer and would not buy this product again.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wanted to love the balm stains so much! However, it doesn't moisturize it just sits on my lips and after an hour or so it dries my lips out. I purchased Darling as I was looking for a lilac-pink color but the color turned out to be a bright fuchsia pink when I applied it. I like the fuchsia but the formula is way too glossy for my liking so I have to blot it before it is wearable. I definitely will not be purchasing Darling again and there is so much product in the tube! Still having a teensy hope for it to work on me so I'll be dropping by the drugstore to pick Crush up. Fingers crossed!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this tonight at Rite Aid. It was $8.99, which is about a dollar more expensive than what you would pay at Walmart or Target, but I'm fine with that because it's much easier to browse all the makeup in a smaller drugstore. Since they call this a balm stain, I was wondering what qualified it as a stain: the lasting power, or the color intensity. Clearly it's not the lasting power. If you're looking for a stain that isn't drying and isn't actually a stain, then this is not it. It has that minty invigorating tingle, which I love. But the color wipes off on a napkin. The color is intense, which is why I think they call it a balm stain: because usually balms are sheer, and this way you get the idea that the color is not sheer. I haven't worn it long enough without eating to know if it would not fade that way, so I can't help on that aspect. However, the color is NOT what I expected. I saw this color used in a magazine makeup look, and it was an electric, shiny purple. It looks more like a pink with a hint of purple, but it's nowhere near the color it looks like in the magazine. When I apply it next time I will conceal my lips first, and see if that helps the color pay off to its true shade.

on 7/14/2012 10:40:00 PM

I have recently purchased alot of these and let me say they meet my expectations. I really love them. This color, Darling, is a lilac color.Not pink toned, creamy liliac with violet undertones.This would look good on tanner people instead of my NW15 skin and yes I just got rematched.But I have to say it looks gorgeous on my lips.it is somewhat sheer but offers a long lasting color just like Revlon says.Anything that lives up to its claim, is a lipstick for me.The reason why I only gave it 4 lipsticks is I feel it is moisterizing at first and for about 20 minutes but then I feel like my lips are dry.But I do love the minty scent this product has.It is definitly worth the 9 dollars.and they are pretty much the same as my Tarte LipSurgences.Go for it!!!!