Renpure Argan Oil Shampoo

Renpure Argan Oil Shampoo

3.6

This is the most fabulous shampoo to have ever graced my hair. Seriously!

I was lucky to find this on sale, 32oz for $6 so thought I'd try it. I am in love. The pump is great, the lather and scent are nice, and best of all...my hair was instantly soft and smooth. I did not even need to use conditioner. My hair usually gets knots from shampooing, but not with this gem. My hair is usually rather dull, but this made it soft and shiny after just one use. Works great for my frizzy hair. I will never be without this shampoo ever again.

This is pretty much the Cadillac of shampoos.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

For a sulfate free shampoo, this product has a rich lather that cleanses well. It did leave my scalp feeling itchy. I am not a fan of the fragrance; it is a masculine type scent and lingers all day in my hair. I think it is an affordable shampoo free of sulfates, gluten and parabens.

To Read all 35 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

If you're buying a product with argan oil, you're probably looking for something moisturizing, something to make your hair shiny and healthy. This product does the complete opposite.

First impression: I bought the liter bottles with the pump dispensers. The pumps are non-functional. I tried absolutely everything, I even googled how to get them open. They just kept breaking off. I unscrew the caps and pull the whole pump out before using now.

The product itself is horribly drying. I'm not sure I even believe there's any kind of oil in this at all. I've been sulfate-free for several years and this is just as drying and damaging as any regular shampoo I used before. I haven't had a chance to look at the ingredient list yet, but this is definitely NOT a gentle shampoo. If I had colored hair, I imagine this would totally strip it.

The smell, thank God, doesn't linger very long. It's very clean-smelling, but sort of masculine. I could see Axe or a similar brand using this scent. I personally can't stand it.

I know this review is for the shampoo, but for anyone considering trying the conditioner--don't bother. It has the same horrible scent and doesn't moisturize at all.

Bottom line: avoid at all costs. This product may be cheap, but there are other SF options in this price range that won't ruin your hair.

ONE WORD.....HORRIBLE. Shampoo AND conditioner. ALL THEIR PRODUCTS ARE ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE

This smells so nice! I love the way my hair feels immediately after rinsing it out. I have fine hair and it helps detangle the many knots I get.

on 10/28/2015 2:51:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This shampoo is great! It has a great scent that lasts all day. And it leaves your hair so smooth and silky. Although, my scalp does feel a little icky after a couple days so I use a deep cleansing shampoo once a week. Otherwise, an excellent product

I loved this product! I used to have dry and fizzy hair and went for the hair Brazilian keratin treatment. From there, my hairdresser recommended that I solely use sulfate-free shampoo. I've used the salon shampoo and conditioner (too expensive and worked alright, wasn't spectacular), and then I switched to L'oreal sulfate-free range after I got my second Brazilian treatment. L'oreal was terrible as it felt like my hair became drier even after I went for my treatment. So I took a break with the hair treatment and came across the Renpure Shampoo at Target. Lo and behold, my hair is not dry, free of fizziness and it's actually tamed. I use this together with Renpure Brazilian keratin Conditioner.

FYI, it's not supposed to lather up as it's sulfate-free. Other shampoos easily lather up because of the harsh sulfates present! Try to use a little bit and shampoo your scalp, and not so much your hair.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

It's interesting that everyone that disliked this product said it made their hair all dry and frizzy - cause for me it did the complete opposite! When I first purchased this and used it, my hair came out amazing; it was soft, shiny, and felt "clean" - even enough for me to go without washing without any greasiness the next day - it kept my hair style lasting for those two days!

I used it again (for a few days) and some how the top of my hair is now super super greasy after each wash (and I don't even use too much of the product to begin with) and with dandruff! Meanwhile the rest of my hair at the bottom is nice and silky looking... I'm confused.. Also, I feel like my hair has been falling out a little more than usual after using this duo... :-/

I'll try washing my hair with Head & Shoulders for anti-dandruff and maybe try out this product again.. Otherwise, I'm super disappointed and will be returning this back to the store.. Sadly, I really really wanted this product to work and it's a shame that this happened! It was the perfect price point for what I thought was such an awesome shampoo/conditioner...

Will be updating this review if there are any positive changes - for now it's bye bye to this product for me :-(

on 5/13/2015 1:06:00 PM

I absolutely love this shampoo and conditioner. Its the only one I actually keep repurchasing. No shampoos I've tried made my hair feel so soft, amazing and tangle free. I definetly recommend to give it a try plus it's cheap so you don't really lose any money if it doesn't work. But I suggest using shampoo and condition together. You won't get the benifits of just using one in my opinion.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I love this shampoo and conditioner. I use the shampoo once a week and the conditioner 2x a week. Renpure leaves my 3b 3c hair more manageable and less frizzy. I feel it gives the right amount of hydration to my hair and I am so glad its at my local grocery store so I can pick it up without having to purchase it online. There are no drying sulfates or residues either. How could such a perfect conditioner be this inexpensive? I will be sharing my experience.
I literally can watch as my hair goes from a ball of curls to a pretty defined curl pattern in minutes. I feel like I get what I need for my transitioning hair from this bottle.
My cousin bought it fron grocery outlet in sacramento and Hated it but I am now on my 2nd pump bottle. I hope they never stop making this.

Popular Shampoos