Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Setting Brush

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Setting Brush
Setting Brush

4.7

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love love love this brush! I bought this on beautyjoint randomly and I have no regrets. It is super soft and applies powder highlight beautifully and naturally, it just buffs it in. I also use this to set my under eye concealer with and it works great in doing that too.

I really enjoy this Brush!
It is super versatile,
> I use it to set my under eye area - its the perfect size and shape!
> Blend out my concealer - I like that its not to dense so when I am blending out a thin concealer it isn't just pushing the product around on my face
> Highlight! it picks up the perfect amount of product and makes it easy to apply, without
> Dust away any fallout, its the perfect size to clean up my little mess'
>I have been known to use it to contour at times.
My only problem with it is that I only have one in my brush collection!

To Read all 116 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/31/2016 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For years I used mostly natural hair brushes and still have many of those in my kit. However, I've been trying to find cruelty free brushes that don't cost a mint, and I've been pleasantly surprised with the Real Techniques line. It took me a long time to try anything from Real Techniques. I assumed that if the tools were cheap and came from the drugstore, they wouldn't be very good. However I reach for this brush a lot. It's a good size and shape for setting powder. You can use it to dust off excess powder or apply highlighter. It can also be used to blend liquid concealers. It's small enough for areas around the nose or under the eyes. For a synthetic brush, it's fluffy and the bristles don't feel too stiff on the skin. In general, synthetic bristles are easy to clean and tend to be more bacteria-resistant than natural hair bristles. I bought this during a sale so I paid less than $8 for it. It hasn't shed at all. I have not experienced any problems with it. This is the type of brush that's good for traveling because it's functional, dries quickly, and if you lose it, it's not terribly expensive to replace it.

on 3/14/2016 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this brush. I did love it at first to highlight, but after the second week the bottom of the brush became wiggly and loose. I hate that, because that's where I hold the brush to blend and the wiggling becomes really annoying. If I didn't throw away the packaging I would've taken it back. This is my second RT brush that it's happened to, and I haven't even washed it yet. I'm better off paying a little more for quality.
Edit; the brush broke in two :/ after a month

Great brush for setting my undereye concealer. Soft and durable.

on 2/20/2016 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This is a brush that you /need/ in your life. It's very soft and fluffy, and good for practically everything. I use it to sweep away any excess, whether it be loose excess powder from baking or fallout from eyeshadow. It's also perfect for highlighter, and obviously for its intended purpose, setting. Any sharp edges on your face that you want to blend, but still have control over? This is the brush. It's just a great multitool brush that is worth every cent to it!

on 2/4/2016 9:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Not only do I love the Pixiwoo ladies, I love these brushes.

I really like this brush, I personally use it for powder highlighter on the cheekbones and above the eyebrows. I find this gives me a nice daily natural finish, and is very easy to apply. I have also used this for setting the under eye area with powder, and it is the perfect size for that also.

on 1/12/2016 6:59:00 PM

Real Techniques brushes are the REAL MVP.

I love this brush because of its versatility. I love using this brush as a highlight brush or to wipe off excess powder from my undereye area after baking. I don't have the ABH highlight brush but it looks similar to me.

on 1/12/2016 10:00:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is a very handy multipurpose brush, as others have said great for applying highlighter and powder under the eyes or all over the face for a detailed application. Can even be used for contouring if you have to go on a trip for example and pack light. It's inexpensive and works well but I prefer my brushes super soft and the hot pink metallic color looks a bit too girly for my liking but I'd repurchase if not able to find a good alternative.

on 12/26/2015 12:39:00 AM

I love this setting brush for applying translucent powder. I don't like using big powder brushes just because I'm paranoidly afraid of moving the products below.

This brush is so so soft and it never sheds. I wash after each use and the synthetic hair never falls out. I love this thing!

Popular Makeup Brushes