Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Setting Brush

Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Setting Brush
Setting Brush

4.7

on 4/12/2017 11:35:00 AM

I know this is a setting brush, but I actually like to use it for highlight! Its a perfect size for placing highlight in a pinpoint way on the cheekbones, down the bridge of the nose and on the cupids bow. I definitely can see this as a bursh to set the undereye area but I use my ELF flawless concealer brush for that. I honestly am not sure I ever used this for setting my undereye. I may try it sometime and see if I like it better than the ELF brush but for now, this is one of my favorite highlighter brushes. It's really soft. I may even buy another 1 or 2 to have extra highlighting brushes and to have another if I end up liking it for setting the undereye. I don't think it's more than $10. I believe I got it in a set for Xmas 3 or so years ago so I don't remember the price.

on 4/11/2017 5:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I received it today and fell in love with it!!! Planning to order two more already! This is my second RT brush (the first one is the blush brush). I am still not sure if I like my RT blush brush or not. So I wasn't expecrting much from this one, either. But hey, it turns out that this one is a great multitasking brush!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like using this for blush. I would repurchase is lost or damaged.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have at least 5 of these brushes. It's my favorite for setting under eye concealer and it's great for applying powder highlight. You can't beat the price! Soft and doesn't shed. Maintains its shape after washing. This is probably my favorite RT brush.

on 12/11/2016 3:49:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Best undereye setting brush ever! It's tapered so it fits perfectly under the corner of my eye, I don't know what's so special about this brush but it sets my undereye concealer flawlessly every time!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love love love this brush! I bought this on beautyjoint randomly and I have no regrets. It is super soft and applies powder highlight beautifully and naturally, it just buffs it in. I also use this to set my under eye concealer with and it works great in doing that too.

I really enjoy this Brush!
It is super versatile,
> I use it to set my under eye area - its the perfect size and shape!
> Blend out my concealer - I like that its not to dense so when I am blending out a thin concealer it isn't just pushing the product around on my face
> Highlight! it picks up the perfect amount of product and makes it easy to apply, without
> Dust away any fallout, its the perfect size to clean up my little mess'
>I have been known to use it to contour at times.
My only problem with it is that I only have one in my brush collection!

on 5/31/2016 1:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

For years I used mostly natural hair brushes and still have many of those in my kit. However, I've been trying to find cruelty free brushes that don't cost a mint, and I've been pleasantly surprised with the Real Techniques line. It took me a long time to try anything from Real Techniques. I assumed that if the tools were cheap and came from the drugstore, they wouldn't be very good. However I reach for this brush a lot. It's a good size and shape for setting powder. You can use it to dust off excess powder or apply highlighter. It can also be used to blend liquid concealers. It's small enough for areas around the nose or under the eyes. For a synthetic brush, it's fluffy and the bristles don't feel too stiff on the skin. In general, synthetic bristles are easy to clean and tend to be more bacteria-resistant than natural hair bristles. I bought this during a sale so I paid less than $8 for it. It hasn't shed at all. I have not experienced any problems with it. This is the type of brush that's good for traveling because it's functional, dries quickly, and if you lose it, it's not terribly expensive to replace it.

on 3/14/2016 5:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I really wanted to love this brush. I did love it at first to highlight, but after the second week the bottom of the brush became wiggly and loose. I hate that, because that's where I hold the brush to blend and the wiggling becomes really annoying. If I didn't throw away the packaging I would've taken it back. This is my second RT brush that it's happened to, and I haven't even washed it yet. I'm better off paying a little more for quality.
Edit; the brush broke in two :/ after a month

Great brush for setting my undereye concealer. Soft and durable.

Popular Makeup Brushes