Real Techniques by Samantha Chapman Setting Brush

Setting Brush

4.7

on 6/30/2017 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

THIS GIVES THE MOST POPPING HIGHLIGHT EVER. Really stands up forever and has stood up to cleaning as well. I love these brushes.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like the size and the shape of this brush. It is good for applying highlight, contouring along sides of the nose and setting concealer under the eyes. I'm not in love with the handle but it's not horrible either. The bristles are soft and tapered to a rounded point, which fits in the smaller areas of the face well. The price is reasonable for the quality and it's a good tool to have in your collection.

on 6/8/2017 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my HG highlighter brush. I don't use it for any other purpose other than highlighting. As with all my other RT brushes, it's soft and well made. Definitely a must have for h/l

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This is the only brush I use to set my under eye concealer. The bristles are soft but not 100% smooth so they have texture to be able to grab and place a good amount of powder without wasting, which I love. It is the perfect shape and size for the undereye. If you have isues with your mascara or eyeliner running, you absolutely need to set your undereyes with powder! you can definitely use this as a highlighter brush too!

It is a nice handy brush that feels soft and does a good job to set smaller areas of the face. Can be used to apply highlighter too.
What I dislike is the handle. With time it becomes sticky.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

ad high hopes for this brush. I've read raving reviews everywhere and some of the most famous youtubers recommended this brush for its multitasking benefits. I've heard it's great for concealer, highlighter, contouring, setting etc. I bought it for one purpose: concealer. I don't wear foundation and rely on my Mac concealer to make my skin look flawless. I've always used the Real Techniques deluxe crease brush for this purpose. And I will continue to do so. This setting brush may be great for other purposes but for concealer I will stick with my deluxe crease brush because it is smaller and not so fluffy so it doesn't soak up as much product as the setting brush does and it is way better at spreading and buffing the concealer. So if you wanna buy this brush for concealer, I say buy the RT deluxe crease brush instead. I've compared them both on each half of my face and the deluxe crease brush gave me way better results. I love Real Techniques brushes and own 6 of them evento I don't use that much makeup and I always find a purpose for them. I will be using the setting brush for highlighter but for concealer it's a no for me, unfortunately

on 5/10/2017 5:21:00 PM

This is the only brush that I have 2 of. I use it to set my concealer daily and also for highlighter

on 5/25/2017 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I like using this for blush. I would repurchase is lost or damaged.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is my favourite brush I own. When I got it I used it for highlighter and worked wonders. Then I gave it the job to set my under eye with powder (no baking) and does this job amazing, too. It is affordable and I can't wait to buy another one because you can use it for multiple things. The quality is very nice - I washed it multiple times and not a single hair had fallen off, nor the handle broke and I use this daily for at least 1 year.

I love this brush! It can be used for almost everything in my beauty routine! It's such a good shape and the bristles are soft but not too floppy and thin. They do fan out after many uses a bit, but I really think that doesn't matter when it's so versatile and cheap.

Not sure why it's called a setting brush though...

Popular Makeup Brushes