Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in 'Mudslide'

Buxom Full-On Lip Polish in 'Mudslide'

4.6

In general I'm a big fan of Buxom products. I've tried their lip polishes and lip creams and love both. The lip creams seem to have slightly better color payoff. To me, the Buxom gloss formula is HG status. No, I don't find them to be plumping but I have thin lips that are probably unable to be plumped anyway. What keeps me paying $20+ is how long lasting, not sticky, and tingly/minty they are. I also like the chunky tubes which makes them easy to find in my purse.

Mudslide is my new favorite color gloss for everyday. It's a smooth, non-glittery, warm medium pink. It looks very flattering on my NC15 complexion. It's darker than a nude or peachy pink but not bright enough to fight for attention with your eyes. On me, it's a lovely MLBB shade.

on 8/4/2015 3:47:00 PM

I got a sample of this. My adorable 4 year old niece was the first one to try it on. It looked beautiful--a peachy mid-toned pink. A few minutes later, she told me she had to wipe it off because t burns. I smelled it and it smelled like caramel to me. So I put it on. And my lips were absolutely on fire. It wasn't a cool minty sensation like Stila balms, it hurt. So I guess it probably plumps the lips, if you can stand it long enough for it to work.

Not a fan of lipgloss but this totally changed my opinion on it. This stuff not only stays on for a long time, but plumps your lips & makes them look natural at the same time. Mudslide is my go to MLBB gloss. Will definitely repurchase.

on 3/9/2014 10:00:00 PM

This a perfect neutral rosy nude pink lip gloss. I have fair skin, auburn hair, and blue eyes and this gloss is a perfect everyday color. For work, I like something a little more intense and long lasting so this won't be great for a totally polished look, but it is perfect for jeans and a sweater with a little mascara and blush. This gloss is pretty sheer and needs reapplication frequently. The vanilla fragrance is addicting!

Edit: I've added a star. I can't live without this stuff.

my ultimate favorite lip gloss. In fact, i loved it so much that i actually have 3 of these as backups. it's the perfect neutral color and it does not feel sticky on my lips. Also, i know that some people don't like the minty-ness but i love the slight tingle on my lips that this causes.

on 12/11/2012 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Buxom is hands down the best plumper gloss I have ever tried. It gives you a realistic boost in plumpness, while providing that invigorating sensation. Mudslide is my go-to color; great color for any season & flattering with any skin tone. The gloss really lasts if you pair it with the Big & Healthy Lip Stick Crayon in shade Bombay.

on 5/6/2012 2:55:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

As I say in all my buxom gloss reviews they are my favorite lipglosses hands down. This one did not let me down either. I ordered it sight unseen from the website and when I got it I was not sure it would look good on me- I wouldnt have even swatched it at the store if i had found it there, because it looked like an matte ugly reddish brownish muddy dirt color. But i tried it and was pleasantly surprised that it was mlbb glossy color. I like it and it reminds me of my fav lipstick color- NARS dolce vita. I find that it doesnt have as much of the tingly fresh feeling as other buxom glosses but still has enough to keep me happy and is not sticky and lasts a reasonable amount of time.

on 7/5/2012 12:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I wanted a nice, classy color for a job interview. I know gloss is considered a no-no, but I love Buxom's formula (minty without being irritating, non-sticky, great color payoff, good staying power), so that's what I was set on buying. Now, Mudslide looks so drab in the container-- muted, brown, blah and boring-- but oh! so lovely on the lips. It gives a healthy, pink, youthful shot of pigment without being young, fake or (shudder) glittery. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised by this one... Oh, and I got the job. ;)