Joe Fresh Style "Champagne" highlighter

Joe Fresh Style

4.6

on 9/21/2017 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For the price it's ok. I got the stick one so if you put it over make up you have to be careful not to move your applied make up so application is a bit tricky. The finish is even with subtle shine. I haven't tried anything similar to this except the Light up from benefit. Overall I would prefer a powder highlighter .

on 8/5/2017 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I bought this last year for fun. I needed an all over body glow on my tanned skin, so I thought this fit the bill for my application. It's inexpensive but certainly does the job. I apply it on my shoulder caps collar bone and knees and along my shins. The glow is outstanding (given you don't buff it out too much)! I always get compliments when I use it this way. The only downfall is that it does transfer onto other surfaces. The highlighter itself, comes in a tall sleek clear plastic bottle with a pump. The product is a creamy consistency with a golden champagne colour, high metallic shimmer. Does not spread evenly which needs a little work. You do need to wash your hands after application as your palms become saturated w/ product (comes off w/ sudsy soap and water and a lil elbow grease). Overall a good product for its purpose, I still have plenty product left now into its second summer of use...

on 11/7/2012 12:24:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I spend a fortune on makeup but honestly, this is the best $8 I've spent all year. I've tried a lot of highlighting products such as Benefit's Watt's Up, Benefit's High Beam, Smashbox Photo Op and Smashbox Softlights, but in terms of cream highlighters, Joe Fresh is the best!

First off, this can easily be applied with the fingers and it is the perfect slippery texture, which is neither runny and wet, nor thicky and cakey. You only need to apply a light touch of the finger on the compact and you have the perfect amount to smooth onto the cheekbones, brow arch, cupid's bow, and the inside corner of the eye. This gives a very very NATURAL looking glow, without looking artificial. I find that Benefit's Watt's Up is on the thick side and can look unnatural. With the Joe Fresh highlighter, you only need a little bit so I can see this lasting me for a very long time, even with daily use. Because it is a cream highlighter, you need to be careful because if you put too much on, you will look like a lightbulb. I do not find this difficult to apply or to get the right amount (as I do with the Watt's Up).

This saves time with application because it can be applied with fingers instead of a brush. I'm not a big fan of liquid or pump highlighters because it is sooo difficult to get the right amount out of the bottle. For example, the Josie Maran Argan highlighter pumps out way more product than needed, which is wasteful. As well, the packaging is compactand travel friendly and easy to throw into the purse without adding bulk. I love this highlighter! I would definitely recommend this.

on 8/7/2013 10:39:00 PM

I love this a lot.
Very easy to apply on the cheekbones with just my fingertips.
Gives a lovely glowing effect. Looks natural and flattering.
I also tried Benefits Watts up and it does not compare to the Joe Fresh highlighter.
This stuff is so much better! Cheap and has been lasting me for a long time.
Highly recommended.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I love this stuff! It is a very subtle, yet natural highlight. I have been using Benefit's Watt's Up and Nars Cococopana because they were both sample size and travel friendly. The real versions seemed too pricey so I bought these as a replacement for only $8. And to my surprise I ended up loving this more. It is very smooth and easy to apply with my fingers. I don't even need to set this with powder. Many times I've been complimented on my skin, which to me means people aren't even aware that it is "makeup". My only complaint is that I can't really travel with it because my lid broke off from the package. I still have plenty of it left but it stays home which defeats the purpose of travel-friendly. (I'm usually really late so I tend to always put my makeup on the go). I have tried to look for a replacement but I'm afraid it's being discontinued because I haven't been able to find a back-up. I"m on MUA right now hoping to find one EXACTY like this.

on 2/13/2016 2:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

HG, AHHH! I've been wanting to get a BECCA highlighter for ages but couldn't justify the $50 to have bangin cheekbones. THEN I CAME ACROSS THIS LIL 8 DOLLAR GEM AND BOOM, no need for ma girl becca. I wouldn't say this is a dupe in any way because becca makes ya glow honey, but this stuff is a subtle, warm shimmer that you can build for my oomph if you want. I think I actually prefer it because it's less intense and looks beautifully natural. I love everything about it!

on 5/6/2012 11:51:00 AM

I'm pleasantly surprised- this stuff is a very decent dupe for NARS' Copacabana highlighter (stick, not the liquid). Applies well, is quite pigmented, and gives a lovely pearly sheen. For $8 CAD, it's also wallet-friendly. I'm very pleased with this and will repurchase.