Not Your Mother's Way To Grow Long & Strong

Not Your Mother's  Way To Grow Long & Strong

3.8

Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lautoyl Methyl Isethionate. Sodium Methyl Oleoyl Taurate, AcrylatesCopolymer, Fragance. Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate. Polyquaternium-7, Polygonium Multiflorum Extract, Aesculus Hippocastanium (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Inositol, Calcium Pantothenate, Linoleic Acid, Biotin, Apigenin, Oleanolic Acid, Biotinoyl, Tripeptide-1, Alcohol, PPG-35 Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Butylene Glycol, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Caster Oil, glycol Distearate, Laureth-4, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Triethanolamine, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazonelinone, Red 40.

on 11/11/2017 5:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a perfectly pleasant, everyday use shampoo. It smells quite nice (subtly fruity) and it's sulphate free, which although not a deal breaker for me, is nice to have in a shampoo when I'm using it almost every day. I didn't really notice any major changes or differences to my hair whilst using it, but it didn't dry my hair out which is always a bonus in my book.

The 237ml tube lasted well (around 6 weeks when using it 2-3 times a week) and I didn't need a huge amount of product to get a good lather going. The packaging was good too - an easy to use squeezy tube which took little effort. In terms of price, it's about standard for a drugstore/supermarket brand at $7.00 (around £5.30).

Really, my only reason for not repurchasing is because it didn't really 'wow' me. There's lots of other shampoos out there that are similar to this, cost around the same and do just as good a job, so it's not one I would necessarily reach for again.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't condition my hair so I like to use a sulfate free shampoo. I've tried many SLS-free shampoos and I would say this is my favorite because it lathers well and doesn't dry or over moisturize my hair. Pretty good. I have purchased several times after cycling through other products. I always go back to this one for sulfate free.

on 12/1/2015 1:38:00 PM

I have been using this shampoo for two years now. I started noticing results before I even finished the first tube, so I just kept buying it. Right now my hair is the longest and healthiest it's been in years. While I don't think it's entirely due to this one product, I definitely think it has contributed.

This is not a moisturizing shampoo at all so I always follow it with a super-moisturizing conditioner. I use this 1-2x a week (I rotate this with different products). It lathers and cleanses really well, rinses cleanly and has a nice strawberry-like scent. And best of all, it only costs a few dollars.

My opinion is that this shampoo won't MAKE you hair grow, but it will HELP your hair grow. It worked for me! Have repurchased many times and will continue to do so.

on 10/23/2015 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

My absolute favorite shampoo. May they never discontinue it!!!!

on 9/17/2016 9:51:00 PM

My hair seems to be growing a bit quicker these days, but it is also summer & I use Nizoral as well which I believe cleans the scalp wonderfully which in turn helps hair to grow. I do notice a diff & will continue to purchase! * Sulfate Free, lathers nice, no hair straw feeling, ringed clean, love the scent! It is also reasonable in price!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This leave in conditioner was ok. It wasn't anything too special. I like the conditioner more. The only reason why I'd buy another one would be for the smell.

My favorite shampoo! I have fine, natural dark blond hair that can be problematic. Sometimes dry. Sometimes oily. I'm on my second bottle of this shampoo which is very surprising because I am a shampoo/conditioner additict! For me to use anything more than a week is unheard of. But this stuff is amazing! It cleans my hair without drying it out. It leaves it full looking and soft. I have tried every price range of shampoo from .99 to $30 and this is the best by far! It's around $6 and can be found at cvs, Walgreens, and Walmart. I have shoulder length hair and use about a quarter size amount. It lathers really well and rinses easily. Due to my job I have to wash my hair everyday so a bottle lasts me about a month.
I haven't found the perfect conditioner to pair it with yet. I've been using Joico moisture recovery conditioner with it and it works pretty good but not perfect. I haven't tried the NYM matching conditioner yet due to the poor reviews on MUA.

on 4/6/2015 8:06:00 PM

I like this product: it seems to work for my hair. However I have seen reviews that say it dry's out your scalp and dose not grow out your hair. Well I have been using this for four weeks and my hair has not gotten dry, and my hair has been growing very good. Its grown 2 1/2 inches so far , and I know because I have been measuring my hair. Also I have tried so many hair growing shampoo and this is the second one that I found works.

Here's my story-

two years ago I wanted to die my hair. So one day my friend took me to the store and bought me hair die (which I did ask my mom earlier that day.) Well my friend did not look at what she was putting in my hair. Well one of those products you had to put in your hair was bleach (we wanted to die it bright red). So after a few weeks my red was fading almost out, but the bleach was still in my hair because my hair was blond and my ends where all split. So after all the was out we went to the hair salon and got my split ends cut off, but they were so bad I had to get it cut to my ears. well after a slow year my hair was finally down to my breast, but then my hair started getting a lot of split end so we went to the hair salon before it was too late to get my hair cut to a goo length. So I got my hair trimmed, and that made my hair go up to my color bone.

Now its been three and a half months, and my hair has grown an inch past my breast, which is way faster that a year, and I have only been using not your mother since last time I got it cut (and their is no split ends.) So yes I think you should re buy this or buy it and try it out.

on 5/17/2015 11:44:00 AM

This smells awesome. Like cinnamon apples. AND it lasts all damn day.

But it's definitely not my favorite shampoo. Like other reviewers said, it does feel pretty drying. Luckily my hair doesn't have too much issue holding in moisture, so it didn't bother me much. I don't know about hair growth, but it makes my hair feel thicker, for sure!

i super love by this product .but 1st of all i wanna share my story .

i was born with spiral curly hair start from roots to the end ,the wight of my hair is super light and the texture is very fine the most fine hair amount of ppl that i meet in entire world . the quantity I'm belong in tick catagory if i keep my hair original curl. but when I'm blow straight it look thin but volume because my hair weight is light (need good blowing teqnique )

since i was young I'm the only few kids that was born with curly hair and i been bullied with my school mate about my uniqueness. and is tough for me been raise in asia country all the majority of them with straight and big curly hair and that describe beautiful and look sleek plus tidy.

when i enter 2ndary school i try sterighteing product and never stop since 15 till 24 from hair straightener,rebonding,relaxing and keratin straightener it look good and clean if u in shorter length .but i found out it ugly and thin if i trying too keep it long and take a year to growth few inch within 2 years until i stop using stretherning product and wanna keep my natural curl to grow longer but suddenly i notice about my hair is easy break and not strong and it take time to grow and in a period to kep my hair grow naturally i keep the old hair with rebonding chemical and cut it step by step until all my curl hair grow longer.by the time i keep all my hair grow naturally I'm really struggle to accept my natural hair style and i do bow it strength and in that time the old rebounding hair at the bottom and curly hair on the roots(ugly?) it take 2 3 years to grow all my hair out.amd i did try perming my hair but it did work out for me because my hair texture less finer that why i still keep straight hair style to blend my hair to look normal

now all my original curl hair all out no more rebounding or any straightening product but it seem to stay in that length for quite some time and never grow any inch i did try a lot of product and supplements but it only grow 1 inch in 3 4 mounth until i find this shampoo and it take me 1.5 inch or 2 inch in one moth .it really work and i did try with the heat protector as well.

i spend a lot in hair product and gonna recommend u all to use it.really worth cheap and effective

Popular Shampoos