L'Oreal Lash Out [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal Lash Out in Blackest Black

4.1

on 3/7/2012 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Fantastic mascara for the money! It's a shame that it's discontinued and I can't understand why? I just ordered some off drugstore.com and you can still find it on eBay as well. It is WONDERFUL and doesn't flake at all. It doesn't make your lashes quite as thick as the Voluminous brand does but .. it does make your lashes REALLY LONG! I can't find one negative thing about this mascara.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This my HG mascara! I have been using this one faithfully for years now. I think it builds great length and thickness and rarely smears (and I use the NON waterproof version). I like this product so much that I have not even tried another macara in years and have no desire to do so. This one is absolutely perfect for me. I love it!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I used to use this until they changed the formula a few years ago when they changed from the maroon tube to the gold tube......
This used to give great lashes...now, if you apply more than one coat, you get crunchy, spider-leg lashes with flakes......not the look I am going for!!!! Too bad, this used to be my go-to. Sticking with my Cover Girl Super Thick Lash....

PROS: Very lengthening. Somewhat thickening too. Not clumpy when applying. Washes off easily when removing.

CONS: Not the longest lasting before flaking and then smudging. Fibers can get in and bother my eyes at times. .

APPLICATION TIPS: Shiseido's primer (even the new one) helps this stay on MUCH longer without flaking. I am a recent convert to using Shiseido's popular curler too.

D/S ALTERNATES: The Rocket by Maybelline, waterproof version, is wonderful for volume and lots of length. For lots of volume and good length, I like Milani's Runway Lashes (covered by Clarins Double Fix) and Covergirl Remarkable Washable Mascara, which stays on very well for nonwaterproof. The new Manga mascara by L'Oreal is fantastic for length and volume that lasts a long time without smudging; I'm kind of in love with it.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have used Lancome L'Extreme for years and I love it. Recently I decided to find something cheaper. I gave L'Oreal Lash out a try. It does the same job compare to L'extreme but three times cheaper. The package needs update a little bit. But for the price, I don't mind. I love Lash Out now.

on 2/26/2010 7:57:00 PM

This works great for me. It lengthens my lashes quite a bit and generally makes them look lovely. It also comes off really easily, without stressing my lashes. The only problem is sometimes I notice flakes on my cheeks toward the end of the day.

on 2/3/2010 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

What has happened to my beloved Lash Out? I had bought one awhile back, it was perfect! Thick, long lashes quickly. Period.
So when I ran out I waited til it was on sale and bought another. But what has happened? They must have changed the formula??? This goes on thinly making stringy lashes, no fullness at all and a lot more effort required. I'm not keen on Voluminous and Collagen Volume was a huge mess. So I guess L'Oreal and I are parting ways.

It was good while it lasted, but, you just don't make me happy anymore. I need to try new things and maybe when you've worked out your issues we could try again. Wish you the best.

on 1/21/2010 11:21:00 AM

This is the one I keep coming back to. I get a wandering eye, and I stray, but I'm always disappointed and Lash Out always takes me back without complaint. It's just a very, very good, not too expensive, mascara. For me, the most important thing is the brush, and this is honestly and without question, the best brush on the market. The bristles are not too long and not too short or sparse. I'm not too crazy about the plastic bristle phenomenon, so the teddy bear brush is still my favorite. Lash Out doesn't clump much either (they all clump some, especially when the tube has been in use for a while). It's just a great product for the price!

on 1/4/2010 12:08:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

General complaint - it'd be nice if someone came up with a brush with bristle ends that are rounded (non-jabbing).
The good: great coverage and easy application. Layers easily for a bigger, darker look.
The bad: it does smudge though not as easily as many others and the smallest amount of water and you look like Tammy Fae Baker. If your eyes tear up from the cold or wind, the restroom should be your first visit once indoors. ;)

on 11/11/2009 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This is my HG mascara. It does everything that it says- lenghthens and separates and unlike other drugstore mascaras, it does not leave "debris" under the eye. There's nothing like going into the ladies' room at work and realizing that you've been walking around looking like Alice Cooper! Why didn't anyone tell me!?!?!?!!?!?Warning- if you're going to apply more than a coat or two- I strongly encourage you to use an eyelash comb in between coats- unless you're going for the spider look!