L'Oreal Lash Out [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal Lash Out  [DISCONTINUED]
L'Oreal Lash Out in Blackest Black

3.9

on 3/26/2013 12:02:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS MASCARA! I have used this mascara for so long and am so sad that it is discontinued (or is it?).
I live Canada and have looked for this mascara in Vancouver, Victoria and Winnipeg... and I even crossed into USA to look and had no luck.

Since my last tube ran out I have tried so many kinds and hate all of them so much that I either toss them out or return them if I can.
My lashes are short and thin and pale coloured (even though my hair is dark) and my bottom lashes are almost non-existent... this was the ONLY mascara I ever tried that worked for me.

The mascara was perfect (coated well but not clumpy, lengthened and thickened) and the tube was simple and the brush was the perfect size. Now all the brushes are molded plastic (probably because they are cheaper to make) and I find they make my lashes clumpy and the mascara goopy... and the bristle ones that are around now are either too big or too small or just not the right shape.

Why did this mascara get discontinued or why is it impossible to find??
I joined this site in the hopes that someone can recommend a replacement for this mascara with a brush that is the same size/shape.

Any ideas??
L'oreal please bring this mascara back.

on 2/3/2013 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

Love this mascara. I'ts difficult to find a mascara that puts out just the right amount on the brush. Am devastated that they've discontinued it, and bought three to last me until they change their minds.

on 8/3/2012 8:42:00 AM

This is a solid 3 for me...it's an OK mascara, looks quite nice on for a DAY look, but has quite a few flaws which mean I won't rebuy.

I bought this as I'd heard Jennifer Aniston loved it - obviously a PR thing though! The tube on this is the ugliest and most dated looking I've EVER seen on a mascara, it does flake on me slightly at the end of a day of wear, and if I layer on a few coats without combing, although the mascara itself isn't clumpy, my eyelashes do stick together a bit more than I'd like. I don't find it amazing for lengthening or thickening either - I'm just using it up for day until I can move on to the next mascara in my stash.

Also, this is SO hard to come by in the UK - I stumbled upon it in a beauty discount store (I never go in these usually). I'd stick with Clinique High Impact or Diorshow Classic or Extase over this every time, so worth the extra !

on 7/23/2012 1:59:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

It gives length, but no volume and lasts most of the day without smudging or flaking. I think is a drier mascara than some others, which I like b/c I don't really like waiting for mascara to dry. The packaging is kind of ugly, but I guess that doesn't really matter.

on 10/20/2011 6:39:00 AM

My HG everyday mascara. Separates and lengthens like crazy. No flakes or clumps, but reminder - this is not made for volume. It makes my lashes incredibly long and washes off very well with warm water and soap. The "teddy bear" wand grasps each lash, even those tricky corner lashes.
I do have to give a 1 for packaging, the tube is so dated looking, a tacky beige with weird ridges.

I think I really like this. My only problem is that it flakes on me and that's not acceptable. I'll probably go return this and get the waterproof version, though. It really does add length to your lashes and it holds a curl pretty darn well.

If you want lengthened and natural looking lashes, you've got it with this. Volume -- not so much. But if you want long, separated lashes this takes the cake. Play with it a bit and you can add volume, but one whisk of this stuff is all I usually need.
This is my HG mascara of my entire make up life. I've been using it since I was about 15 or so -- about 10 years. I'm a mascara freak and I've tried every brand high to low end and this always beats the rest. The price is pretty decent in my opinion. I seriously always have back up of this I love it so much. They haven't changed the packaging much since I first started using it (if at all) but who cares?

I can literally go out at night, put a billion coats of mascara on, wake up the next day and re-apply it to my crazy/clumped eyelids before I run to McDonalds for a hangover fix, and it STILL re-defines and separates.

OMG GET IT!

on 6/28/2010 9:05:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

This product does great in seperating my lashes and really making them fan out. However, as others have mentioned, it doesn't do much for volume. I used three coats to achieve the bold look I wanted. It is simple and one coat will do for a nice natural look, no clumps. I have sensitive eyes as well, and my eyes did fine throughout the day with no irritation.
Edit: I tried using this with a clear mascara before applying the mascara and it works much better. It gives me just the look I want (not too much drama, but enough for someone to notice) and it comes off so easy!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this mascara for a while now and it's not bad. I love the skinny brush, it seems easier to put on, especially on the lower lashes. The packaging is, quite frankly, ugly as sin. Please overhaul this, L'Oreal. It deserves much cuter packaging. The formula's pretty good, it thickens and lengthens a bit, not much. Since it's so dry, I find myself doing multiple coats to get more on the lashes, and that leads to flaking, I think, a major con of this product. I also get some smearing. Therefore, it does not replace my HG, but is a pretty good mascara for everday use for those who don't desire a dramatic look.

on 11/5/2009 3:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

where has this little drugstore gem been hiding all my mascara-wearing years? i picked it up on a whim just because i liked the look of the brush and i'm very pleased with it. to me, the most important thing in a mascara is that it holds a curl really well and separates and defines each and every lash i have. after those are accomplished, i hope for lots of length and a regular amount of volume. no super thick, chunky spiderleg lashes for me! this mascara does a wonderful job of holding a curl and giving me separated, defined, feathery lashes. it's very black (i always buy the blackest shade available), doesn't flake or smudge, and washes off easily. the one issue i do have with this mascara is that the brush becomes congested with product after about a week and that makes future applications gross and clumpy. what i do is sporadically take a tissue and pull all the mascara off the wand and then re-dip and it applies perfectly. if you get this mascara, like it at first and then find it's overloading your lashes, try wiping the brush and you'll fall right back in love. i would repurchase.