Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer - All

Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer - All

2.6

on 3/23/2017 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I purchased this MAYBELLINE Color Show Nail Polish in the shade Latte.
I found this nail polish to be extremely streaky. It was very liquidy, yet somehow hard to spread.
I usually require 2 coats for any nail polish that I am applying, but found that I needed 3 coats for the Color Show (and it still had uneven coverage).
I will not be re-purchasing this colour or buying any more from the range.
I have not worn this polish for very long; so far it has not chipped.
The polish dries very quickly.

Pros:
- cheap
- decent colour selection
- dries quickly

Cons:
- uneven coverage, patchy
- slightly difficult to work with due to the fact that it dries very quickly

on 3/19/2017 7:26:00 PM

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

I bought 549 Midnight Taupe because it was the closest match I could find when I chipped one shellac nail and the others were all fine. Served it purpose.
I like to have a break between shellac applications, so gave it a go on all my nails, but was seriously underwhelmed - very thin, hard to get a uniform coat, so I left it in the drawer for a while.
Last week a professional manicurist applied it for me (her selection is all a bit too 'old lady' pink, hence using my own colour). Different story, went on brilliantly, good deep, uniform colour, I applied a second top coat (seche vite) after a couple of days, on day 5 now and it still looks pretty good.
So 4/5 for the varnish, 0/5 for my nail varnishing skills!

I have Rich in Ruby, and I love it! It's a beautiful a dark red shade with a slight hint of burgundy, and it has tiny metallic flecks (smaller than in Ruby Rhinestones) for a Christmastime look.

Personally I found no problems with application; no streakiness, quick drying time, and it didn't chip too easily IMO. Rich in Ruby works with many different wardrobe colors, and can be casual or formal. I would recommend this gorgeous nail polish!

I have finally found a nail polish that is easy to apply, is light and never clumpy or sticky like most of the other kinds of polishes, I have been using for years.The color is lighter than the bottle when applied and you will need 2 to 3 coats.It doesn't streak ,get thick,or look uneven when applied.I don't expect a polish to last any more than a day or 2 without a touch up and this does that and evenly,too.The Mystic Green is like a Metallic Pear color and I will be buying more of them,since they are only $2 a pop at The Dollar Tree.

on 10/22/2016 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this nailpolish in smokey rose, which is a lovely mauve rose, a sort of Angora Cardi from Essie but less dark.

I hate this nailpolish, the formula is streaky, doesn't apply evenly, the brush is flimsy, it doesn't even out, it is gloopy and responds weird, like it is rubberized our something.
It takes ages to dry. So this isn't a good nailpolish.

on 8/29/2016 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I tried Latte. I'm on a nude nail kick at the moment. This was the perfect colour. Unfortunately it was streaky. It took at least 3 coats to make it opaque. And it didn't dry fully for at least 3 hours. I used it for 3 full manis and used up half the bottle. It's when in the bin

I have wanted to try these polishes for a while but never got around to it. I recently saw a sale at my local grocery store, 50% off all of the colors!! The one I have tried so far is Blue Bombshell 335. It is a vibrant bright blue...I fell in love as soon as I saw this color..I feel like I have never seen it before which is exciting for a polish lover. It looks just as pretty on my toes as it does in the bottle BUT it chips sooo quickly. I am out of topcoat so that plays into the chipping but I can usually wear a polish on my toes without a topcoat and go without chipping at least a couple days. (Fingers are another story but my toes can go much much longer). So Topcoat is a MUST with this stuff but the colors are all so fun! My only other complaint is that it doesn't feel like you get a lot of product and the brush is a little too stiff and small for me. But I Will definitely buy more of these.

on 8/8/2016 10:05:00 AM

I purchased Maybelline color show "The blushed nudes"
Mink Lust 752. I though it was a great color to wear for my daughters wedding. What a disappointment! First I am not being fooled by the shrinking product. Second, this product is horrible! The brush is to small and soft. You have to do to many strokes across your nail bed to get coverage. The strokes leave brush lines and you can't smooth them because the consistency is off! It does on runny but dries to quickly to smooth out. If you do try you are left with a mess! Needless to say I did not wear this color. I went back to OPI, which is never a disappointment.
I have never written a review before but I felt this product deserved one!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Thick, gloopy, forms bubbles, and does not dry. Fails the dries in 60 seconds promise. Does not come with a mixing ball. Also, the brush was cut unevenly, was too floppy and hard to control.

I prefer Maybelline's Superstay 7 Day Gel Color, which has a better formula and a firmer, evenly shaped brush that allows polish to float over the nail.

on 5/13/2016 9:40:00 PM

Latte is such a nice colour! I dropped something on my toe a few months ago and part of the nail is purple/black (not as gross as it sounds) but obviously I wanted to hide it. One coat literally did nothing, looked like a clear coat, after 3 coats it's still pretty damn sheer. It's nice if you're after sheer, but it's definitely not pigmented enough for what you expect.

Popular Polishes