Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer - All

Maybelline Color Show Nail Lacquer - All

2.7

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

Thick, gloopy, forms bubbles, and does not dry. Fails the dries in 60 seconds promise. Does not come with a mixing ball. Also, the brush was cut unevenly, was too floppy and hard to control.

I prefer Maybelline's Superstay 7 Day Gel Color, which has a better formula and a firmer, evenly shaped brush that allows polish to float over the nail.

on 5/13/2016 9:40:00 PM

Latte is such a nice colour! I dropped something on my toe a few months ago and part of the nail is purple/black (not as gross as it sounds) but obviously I wanted to hide it. One coat literally did nothing, looked like a clear coat, after 3 coats it's still pretty damn sheer. It's nice if you're after sheer, but it's definitely not pigmented enough for what you expect.

To Read all 136 Reviews, Login or Join

on 4/25/2016 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I picked this up in the color “Bare All” it’s a creamy peachy beige nude just a gorgeous color however the formula is terrible. It’s translucent and streaky. It took a ton of coats to look decent and it took so long to dry. I do not plan on purchasing another nail polish from this line. Total let down.

on 2/25/2016 1:38:00 PM

Has anyone else noticed how terrible these polishes look in the store? Like they've all gone bad or something? All separated and watery. I browse for nail polish a lot, and this is the only brand I've seen like this. The only one!

I own a few of the Color Shows but they're all glitters. And they've held up perfectly well. But as far as the non-glitters, I just don't trust them. Nail polish isn't supposed to turn that badly while it's sitting on the store shelves. Honestly, the next time you're at the drugstore take a look at the Color Show display and you'll see what I'm talking about. Some of those bottles look like they've been sitting there for a million years. There's something wrong with their formula.

The ones that I do own are: Clearly Spotted, Precious Pearl, Mosaic Prism, Gilded Rose, Pearl Gem, & Punk Rock Pink. No complaints so I still give the brand an overall rating of three lippies.

Small bottles though. 7ml is practically a mini. But that's great for storage so I consider it a plus.

I would buy Color Show again, but I choose VERY carefully.

on 2/23/2016 3:14:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used to only like Dior nail polishes :)..not even a fan of OPI :/ this one works just as well as Dior nail polishes,- I put the dr rescue All in One (also Maybelline) under and on top of the nail polish and the results are great!!! I have tried Velvet Rope and Boom pink, have fun;))

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I bought FUCHSIA FEVER 300 because I was looking for that colour and it was on sale for 5$ now I know why it was on sale. This is the single worst polish I have ever bought. I goes on sheer and semi-matte. I had to apply 4 layers for it to even resemble the color in the bottle on my nails. I have purchased better polish from the dollar store. After all the layers I put on it still has a weird semi-matte finish. I suppose the formulators are men and they've never tried their own products. Would not recommend it.

on 10/20/2015 8:04:00 PM

I have the shade An Old Flame, and it is the best. It applies very smoothly, and lasts for a very long time even without a topcoat. It is kind of hard to get off your cuticles and the areas surrounding your nails but I don't mind that, as long as it stays on my nails.

I have to say that I am surprised by all the negative reviews because the line of Color Show nail polishes is one of my favourites. Granted, I do find the polishes a little hard to apply (not a fan of the brush), I think everything else about them is great. The colours are vibrant and I can go several days without chips, which is awesome considering what my job is! I especially love their sparkly ones, they apply well (evenly distributed) and their denim blue one gets me loads of compliments!

on 7/27/2015 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I was looking for a polish that wouldn't chip, so I did some research and found this product. Product states chip free which I found out to be false. The next day after my first application I notice that the polish started to come off at the tip of my nails. I reread the instruction and found out that I miss the apply base color before applying color. Therefore I redid my nail and the same thing happened, polish started to come of the very next day.

Product is has a very thin coat which means you have to apply many coats before it start to looks full. It dries very quick which would be great, if I didn't have to apply that many coats. Color appears to be very streaky and doesn't have that flawless polish look after its dried.

color: pink shock 200 and over-jeweled 111

purchase at Wal-Mart for $2.50 ea

Good price but doesn't live up to what's advertised

I have a few of these polishes in a range of colours, both light and dark. The price is great, the packaging is pleasing and the colours go on true to what you see in the bottle.

BUT

The brush is awful. I know, this is a cheap polish. And you get what you pay for. But I won't be buying this stuff again as I find the brush makes painting my nails - especially with darker colours - too much of a chore to be worth it.

Popular Polishes