Catrice Prime & Fine Translucent Loose Powder

Prime & Fine Translucent Loose Powder

4.9

Price: $

Price: $

ALUMINUM STARCH OCTENYLSUCCINATE, TALC, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, ETHYLPARABEN, ETHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN.

on 10/8/2018 7:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Nice powder. Am happy with it, and the price is right. I use it with abig fluffy brush to set my foundation. I do use blotting papers in the afternoon, but am fairly oily.

Upon purchasing, i peeled back only enough of the inner protective film to expose 4 or 5 of the holes, then snipped off that peeled off portion of film. Makes it simple to distribute only a bit of powder for application.

on 10/8/2018 4:32:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This keeps my skin matte but not flat for hours and I have very oily skin - I have the newer yellow banana powder version of this which works great o my skin tone, you can't beat the price either - my only grip is the packaging, wish this was in a lockable sifter jar, the product can go everywhere if your're not careful with it, stupidly tried to powder my nose on the bus the other and an spilled loads of it on top of my bag so it's not convenient for on the go usage but an amazing setting powder otherwise!

on 10/27/2017 8:36:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Great setting powder! Sifter is great, it desperses the right amount of powder, but as with all sifters you could end up with too much powder so you have to be a bit careful. It's great for baking undereye concealer and I haven't experienced flashback. It is translucent and it works great for my pale skintone, but I'm not sure how it would perform on deeper skintones. Keeps your makeup set throughout the day without needing to touch it up.

on 3/12/2017 7:02:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I use this everyday to bake my under-eyes area, nose, T-zone, smile lines and chin. Even with my super oily skin it manages to keep me mostly matte throughout the day with no creasing. I also don't feel bad about wasting product when I go ham with it while I'm baking since its so affordable.

on 7/7/2014 5:11:00 AM

I struggled with oiliness and shine in the end of the day, or simply caused by using high SPF protection. I was used to top my makeup with pressed powder but was increasingly dissatisfied with the results. My skin has improved a lot in the past year (texture, softness, glow) due to my new routine, and the pressed powders only made it look worse, messy and cakey. Still, I needed something to keep shine away.
Catrice loose powder is the cheapest I have found, but I am extremely happy with the results. I now use more cream and liquid makeup and finish it off this the loose powder, knowing it won't affect the appearance and color. I am shine free AAALLL day, even in the summer!
Since it is so cheap, I don't mind dipping my brush freely and shacking off the excess.
I will repurchase and I can't think of a reason to try another (more expensive) brand.

on 2/20/2014 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have very oily skin and of all the many powders I have ever tried, this is the one that works. It does exactly what I want a powder to do: mattify, give a nice final finish to my skin, keep foundation in place, and not change the makeup underneath. Because my skin is very oily, I do still have to blot periodically throughout the day. But we can't expect miracles here. I prefer this powder to any other I've purchased and have now repurchased multiple times.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

It does just what it is supposed to do: it mattifies the skin, keeps the liquid foundation in place and it is translucent, so it doesn't make me look all floury after putting it on! And the price is the best part of it, bought it at the drugstore for less than 5$!

on 3/6/2013 10:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I can't get over how amazing this is for the price! I bought it in the supermarket on a whim, and I've never looked back! I like to press a lot of it on with a kabuki brush and then dust off the excess with a powder brush and it ends up looking perfect. I also LOVE that there's no pigment in it as I've found it near impossible to find a decent powder that matches my foundation and skin-tone. I also love how fine it is, it never looks cakey and doesn't emphasize any dry patches like my MAC powder does. And it lasts all day! Powder perfection!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I do like this powder alot it does what its supposed 2 do n holds ur make up in place all day but i just wish that it would have come with a powder buff or something holding the powder in the container properly. i also think that to be honest baby powder can be exactly what this does... but for anyone looking for something a bit more professional i definatley like this

on 10/28/2012 4:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

it's perfect for oily and combination skin!
You only need to apply it very very lightly and it will fixate and mattifie foundation for 6-8 h without looking cakey (even if you reapply it during a day).
Looks a bit scary when you open it because it's snowwhite:) but it's completly translucent.
only con is packaging- good quality but if you take off protecting sticker completely you'll end up messy