Davines Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Davines Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion
Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion

3.8

Cyclopentasiloxane, Disiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate/Octinoxate, Partum/Fragrance, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Tocopherol

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have fine hair that's been bleached and my ends are kind of frizzy and tired and unfortunately this product doesn't really do anything that a cheaper oil wouldn't do. I usually love Davines hair products but I actually wouldn't recommend this. I also don't like the smell, I find that it kind of smells like gasoline or something....?

on 12/19/2014 11:15:00 PM

I do not think that this can compare to the Beauty Protector Protect and Oil for fine haired ladies. I found this product did not control my hair or frizz and that the smell was a little weird. I used it on my hair and on my sister's, which is much thicker and wavier and on hers it seemed to work well. It made her hair soft and manageable and kept frizz to a minimum. I guess it works better with certain hair textures. I would not repurchase this product personally, but it may work best for those with thicker hair.

on 4/28/2013 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far, I think this works slightly better than Kerastase Elixir Ultime. It doesn't coat the hair as much, leaving a lighter feel. I also like that the pump for the bottle dispenses a smaller amount at a time. I often had to wipe away excess with the Elixir Ultime, else be stuck with greasy hair. I will say the scent is quite... potent. It reminds me of an Aveda type smell. Earthy and sweet. I'll give credit to the Kerastase for having a nicer, less obtrusive scent. But, overall, the Davines wins. It's a special product to apply it and to instantly look like you have better, healthier hair. EDIT - Bumping this to a 5. It's now my favorite hair oil. My hair is soft and hydrated looking and even when I apply more than I anticipated, it doesn't get greasy!

on 10/16/2012 11:57:00 PM

I learned about this oil from my hair colorist and now wouldn't be without it. Can be used before blow drying or after to smooth hair, this is the best oil styling product out there. Smells amazing....even better than Morrocain Oil and works 100% better. HG!