Davines Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Davines Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion
Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion

4.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Disiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate/Octinoxate, Partum/Fragrance, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Tocopherol

on 7/14/2016 11:04:00 PM

This product works perfectly in my dry, early 40s hair. Although my hair has always been wavy and fairly coarse, this would have been much too heavy for my hair when I was younger--it would have weighed it down and made it limp and greasy looking. However, as I have aged, my hair texture has changed; it's much more dry and porous than it used to be, and quite frustrating to deal with.

I put one pump of the oil on my hands and rub them together, then apply to the bottom few inches of my slightly damp hair. After most of the product has been distributed on my ends, I run my hands through the whole length and over the surface of my whole head of hair--I don't rub it into my scalp, though! Then I either let it air dry or I blow dry it a bit so it's barely damp, never bone-dry. This stuff makes my hair almost as manageable as it used to be, which is quite the compliment given how annoying my hair has become.

[My one caveat about this product, other than its pricetag (which is hefty, but a bottle lasts a long time) is its intense scent. I'm not crazy about it but it doesn't offend me greatly, either. I'd prefer a lighter scent, but it does dissipate a bit over the course of a couple of hours. However, it never does go away completely, so...if you hate the scent, I wouldn't advise investing in a bottle.]

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Great stuff! Two pumps leaves my hair soft, shiny and manageable. I have long, thick hair damaged by highlights- some ends need a lot of help. I sometimes wake up with hair a snaggled mess, but it is smooth when I wake up with this. It also smells great- an earthy, herbal, but elegant scent that others try for and miss the mark. The pump is annoying, but no complaints otherwise. I use it with their Relaxing Fluid (one of my fave hair products ever) finished with the Universal Polishing Coat. Perfect!

I have really dry hair caused by heat damage from my daily blow dry and flat iron. I've used several different products for heat damage but they all seemed to make my hair flat and greasy the next day. This product was first used on my hair by my hairstylist and my hair has never looked better!!! It smells amazing too and lasts until your next shower. This is most definitely my favorite hair product. I use 2 pumps and rub the oil in my hands and apply it to the tips, then all over (I have short hair) and style as usual. My hair is knot-free, frizz-free, shiny, and soft. After using this, my hair feels like and looks like I've never used any heating tools. It doesn't weigh your hair down. My hair still looks great the next day!