Davines Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Davines Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion
Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion

4.3

Cyclopentasiloxane, Disiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate/Octinoxate, Partum/Fragrance, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Tocopherol

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got a generous sample of this from a hairstylist to help with my super frizzy, super thick, and super wavy hair. This is the first hairstyling product I've used that actually calms my poofy hair down. This is expensive, but a little bit goes a long way, and it smells really nice! Like powdery jasmine. I wouldn't recommend this for fine hair.

on 8/1/2012 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After using MoroccanOil for over a year on my thick, coarse, long, dry, naturally curly hair, my stylist recommending this product instead. She said it has a lighter texture and gives more shine, and she was the stylist who got me using MorrocanOil in the first place. I instantly noticed that my hair was shinier than with MoroccanOil and I also like the scent better (musky, but not as intense as MorccanOil’s musky fragrance). I like that it comes in a pump with a cap and a travel-friendly plastic bottle, instead of MoroccanOil’s glass bottle. It’s still pricey, about $35 for 4.56 fl. oz., versus MoroccanOil at $40 for 3.4 fl. oz. In the shower after rinsing my hair, I apply John Frieda Frizz-Ease Original Hair Serum to soaking wet hair, then ring my hair out and wrap in a towel. To prevent frizz I try to get to styling my thick, coarse, naturally curly, dry, long hair as soon as possible, but the towel inevitably absorbs some water. I then smooth two or three pumps of this oil on my hair (considerably less than what I used to use of MorrocanOil), then scrunch Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscience Defining Crème all over. My curls have never looked better. I will continue to buy this.

on 9/11/2012 3:17:00 PM

Honestly sometimes less is more so I will keep it simple....

This stuff is absolutely AMAZING.. you can't even deny it and it is something I can not put into words! Simply said... MIND BLASTING!!!

lol :)

Not bad a product, honestly but the smell just isnt really my thing n I find that Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment works much better at a similar price range. But really not bad for a hair oil, worth a try :)

Okay, so this IS the hair oil you would want to look for if you have damaged, dry hair. First, because its primary function is not to just style your hair, like most oils do, but to treat it. it treats your hair as well as styling it. I know that a lot of products say they do that but when you get results, it's not true. I think that along Sebastian's Potion 9 are the only products that do both.
I had really messed up hair and since I started using this it has became softer and a lot more manageable. The thing is that with my kind of hair, you need something to weight it down, otherwise you have a serious afro, and not the cute, 70s kind.
My mom used it as well because she liked the smell, but she doesn't have damaged hair, and also she has a tendency for oiliness, and the hair oil just enhanced that, so I wouldn't recommend it for people with normal to oily hair, just for people with serious damage or uncontrollable frizz.
The packaging is not great, like all Davines products, but they aren't great in order to be recyclable which is always a plus. Its paraben and sulphate free,
Just use two or three pumps in long hair BEFORE blow drying it. The heat activates the silicons and roucou oils in it, making the overall result even better.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I love this product so much! I have long, straight hair that tends to get greasy and oily very quickly. For the longest time, I thought I could never apply anything to my hair to help with flyaways and frizz because it would just weigh my already heavy hair down. This oil is incredibly lightweight and doesn't add any weight to my hair whatsoever. I also think it smells absolutely AMAZING. I am addicted to the smell, I wish my body wash smelled like this.

What's great about this oil is that it not only tames your hair but it's good for it too! You can use it as a treatment by applying it when your hair is damp. Or you can use it when it's dry as an anti-frizz. I love this stuff!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I totally love this stuff. I just recently got a hair cut my amazing stylist applied this. My hair was soooo incredibly soft. I have thick coarse hair and this helped keep it shiny and soft without weighing it down. I'm exited to try their other products as well!

on 9/23/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff smells horrible.. and I am not a scent-sensitive person. I don't care if it gave me model hair, I cant handle the old lady, thick, musky smell. My husband said my hair smelled like an old lady's potpourri on the back of the toilet :/ What were they thinking?? I got this in a birchbox kit and tried it twice. It didn't work any better than my Moroccan oil, and I prefer the non stink of Moroccan oil a million times over. This is going in the trash.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Full disclosure, I have never tried a Davines product I was unhappy with, and I have tried...exactly five. This one is my favorite.

It is heavily scented. So if you are extremely asthmatic, have a persnickety nose, or like b*tching about perfume that other people wear, don't buy any Davines styling products. The ones I have all have a detectable, lasting fragrance. I happen to like wearing a few fragrant products because I know that no one can smell my dumb vegan skin perfume, and also I don't let anyone get very close to me. Issues.

I color my waist-length hair conservatively, and iron it about once a week, but even before, since I was very young, I had a lot of frizz to go with my waves. Over the years I have tried a fool's fortune of different products. What stands out with this one is that it does not weigh my hair down or make it dull and stringy, even the next day. You know how girls are always trying to get 'texture' in their hair? Yeah, I have a lot of it, and most products just make it look unwashed. SHINE, and an overall appearance of HEALTH, is what I do get from this product. I typically have to use a little bit more than recommended to really fight that first-day frizz. I like to use the OI milk when my hair is wet, then three pumps of this oil when it dries.

It won't turn you into an advertisement for smooth hair (sorry, but I know we are convinced that SOMETHING will) but if you have issues with dullness and would like to know what soft hair feels like, try it. The trial size of this will last you a MONTH.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, does wonders on dry ends, since i started using it i noticed that my split ends are not so visible anymore. It is a bit expensive but is worth it.