Davines Ol Absolute Beautifying Potion

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Davines Ol Absolute Beautifying Potion
Ol Absolute Beautifying PotionOl Absolute Beautifying Potion

4.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Disiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate/Octinoxate, Partum/Fragrance, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Tocopherol

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a hair product junkie and have tried everything to help my fine hair grow long. I've always had a problem with damaged ends, but then my stylist introduced me to this wonder oil. I was skeptic at first, since I don't want anything that weighs my hair down or make it greasy (I'm prone to oily roots). I was afraid it would be heavy and sticky like all those argan-based oil products. But my stylist insisted, and I thank him for that. I use just a tiny pump of this before blow drying (every other day) and the result is smooth, silky, shiny hair that doesn't tangle or break! I also use two pumps in my dry hair at night as a treatment.
Make sure to rub it in really well between your palms or it will make hair a little flat. Now, my ends stay healthier for way longer, and both me and my dear stylist are thrilled. I truly believe this product is the only thing that has actually helped with the breakage, and I will use this forever. It is a bit pricey, but seriously lasts forever.
Go get it, this would be wonderful for all hair types.
EDIT 12/21/2012: I have to put this down to 4 lippies, as I'm enjoying Bumble and bumble's hair oil so much more. The Bb. oil is lighter, contains more natural oils and feels more nourishing. Still, this is a good product for fine hair.

This oil is amazing. I can put so much in my hair and it doesn't go greasy. Smells incredible and helps tame all the crazy fly-aways! Looking forward to longer, stronger and healthier hair!

on 5/1/2013 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I too have purchased Oi from Davines. LOVE it!!! It was first used on my head of foiled (now bleached) course hair. It made it soft and shiny. So, I had to have it. I use one to two pumps on extremely short hair, when towel dried, and rub all over. If you tend towards an oilier scalp just don't apply it too close. Rub your hands together well and

on 5/14/2013 12:07:00 PM

I love this stuff. LOVE it. I'm very low-maintenance, and I hadn't actually owned a blowdryer for 15 years until recently. When I decided to get serious about having better hair, my stylist gave me a sample of this stuff. WOW. I have a lot of straight hair, and the oil not only detangles my hair but makes it noticeably quicker to dry. It only takes me three or four minutes. What I totally didn't expect was the way it soothes my scalp. I have very sensitive skin (most likely dermatitis), which gets itchy and irritated almost immediately after I wash it. Because of this, I could only go about two days between washes, or it would get unbelievably uncomfortable and oily. This happened with or without blowdrying. When I use the oil before I blowdry, though, I can go five or six days between washes, which helps me avoid overdrying my skin. (And, again, helps me stay low-maintenance :P) My hair is now growing out much more nicely than it ever has before. It's healthy and it looks good, and I feel good.

on 12/19/2013 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG hair oil!! I have the cursed combo of a full, thick head of fine hair, which has been processed to hell and back with bleach over the years. My stylist recommended Davines Oi Oil to bring my hair back to life, and it's working like a dream. I apply two pumps to the ends of my towel-dryed hair, and work it through about halfway up the shaft (never touching the roots). I then twist my hair into sections, clip, keep clipped for about an hour, and then let it down and air dry. The Oi Oil defines the waves in my hair without getting crunchy, frizzy or weighed down. Paired with the Oi Shampoo, my hair has never been softer. Love!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This stuff isn't the best smelling but does a good job of sealing ends. Good hair products for frizzy hair.

Wow, I think I have found my one and only. I have damaged hair which is already weakened by the chemical stuff I've applied to my hair over the years and I hate breaking my hair just by brushing it (even if I'm trying to be gentle and using a tangle brush). Well, this stuff is now my best friend while detangling. It just makes my knots slip out plus it really makes my hair softer. I used to think that serums do nothing to my hair but luckily I decided to try out different ones to find the right product and that's where I stop! It is more of a serum than an oil because of the silicones in the ingredients but it just does everything.