Davines Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion

Davines Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion
Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Disiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate/Octinoxate, Partum/Fragrance, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Tocopherol

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a hair product junkie and have tried everything to help my fine hair grow long. I've always had a problem with damaged ends, but then my stylist introduced me to this wonder oil. I was skeptic at first, since I don't want anything that weighs my hair down or make it greasy (I'm prone to oily roots). I was afraid it would be heavy and sticky like all those argan-based oil products. But my stylist insisted, and I thank him for that. I use just a tiny pump of this before blow drying (every other day) and the result is smooth, silky, shiny hair that doesn't tangle or break! I also use two pumps in my dry hair at night as a treatment.
Make sure to rub it in really well between your palms or it will make hair a little flat. Now, my ends stay healthier for way longer, and both me and my dear stylist are thrilled. I truly believe this product is the only thing that has actually helped with the breakage, and I will use this forever. It is a bit pricey, but seriously lasts forever.
Go get it, this would be wonderful for all hair types.
EDIT 12/21/2012: I have to put this down to 4 lippies, as I'm enjoying Bumble and bumble's hair oil so much more. The Bb. oil is lighter, contains more natural oils and feels more nourishing. Still, this is a good product for fine hair.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got a generous sample of this from a hairstylist to help with my super frizzy, super thick, and super wavy hair. This is the first hairstyling product I've used that actually calms my poofy hair down. This is expensive, but a little bit goes a long way, and it smells really nice! Like powdery jasmine. I wouldn't recommend this for fine hair.

on 8/1/2012 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

After using MoroccanOil for over a year on my thick, coarse, long, dry, naturally curly hair, my stylist recommending this product instead. She said it has a lighter texture and gives more shine, and she was the stylist who got me using MorrocanOil in the first place. I instantly noticed that my hair was shinier than with MoroccanOil and I also like the scent better (musky, but not as intense as MorccanOil’s musky fragrance). I like that it comes in a pump with a cap and a travel-friendly plastic bottle, instead of MoroccanOil’s glass bottle. It’s still pricey, about $35 for 4.56 fl. oz., versus MoroccanOil at $40 for 3.4 fl. oz. In the shower after rinsing my hair, I apply John Frieda Frizz-Ease Original Hair Serum to soaking wet hair, then ring my hair out and wrap in a towel. To prevent frizz I try to get to styling my thick, coarse, naturally curly, dry, long hair as soon as possible, but the towel inevitably absorbs some water. I then smooth two or three pumps of this oil on my hair (considerably less than what I used to use of MorrocanOil), then scrunch Bumble and Bumble Curl Conscience Defining Crème all over. My curls have never looked better. I will continue to buy this.

on 9/11/2012 3:17:00 PM

Honestly sometimes less is more so I will keep it simple....

This stuff is absolutely AMAZING.. you can't even deny it and it is something I can not put into words! Simply said... MIND BLASTING!!!

lol :)

I have really dry hair caused by heat damage from my daily blow dry and flat iron. I've used several different products for heat damage but they all seemed to make my hair flat and greasy the next day. This product was first used on my hair by my hairstylist and my hair has never looked better!!! It smells amazing too and lasts until your next shower. This is most definitely my favorite hair product. I use 2 pumps and rub the oil in my hands and apply it to the tips, then all over (I have short hair) and style as usual. My hair is knot-free, frizz-free, shiny, and soft. After using this, my hair feels like and looks like I've never used any heating tools. It doesn't weigh your hair down. My hair still looks great the next day!

on 10/16/2012 11:57:00 PM

I learned about this oil from my hair colorist and now wouldn't be without it. Can be used before blow drying or after to smooth hair, this is the best oil styling product out there. Smells amazing....even better than Morrocain Oil and works 100% better. HG!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Great stuff! Two pumps leaves my hair soft, shiny and manageable. I have long, thick hair damaged by highlights- some ends need a lot of help. I sometimes wake up with hair a snaggled mess, but it is smooth when I wake up with this. It also smells great- an earthy, herbal, but elegant scent that others try for and miss the mark. The pump is annoying, but no complaints otherwise. I use it with their Relaxing Fluid (one of my fave hair products ever) finished with the Universal Polishing Coat. Perfect!

This oil is amazing. I can put so much in my hair and it doesn't go greasy. Smells incredible and helps tame all the crazy fly-aways! Looking forward to longer, stronger and healthier hair!

Not bad a product, honestly but the smell just isnt really my thing n I find that Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment works much better at a similar price range. But really not bad for a hair oil, worth a try :)

on 4/28/2013 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far, I think this works slightly better than Kerastase Elixir Ultime. It doesn't coat the hair as much, leaving a lighter feel. I also like that the pump for the bottle dispenses a smaller amount at a time. I often had to wipe away excess with the Elixir Ultime, else be stuck with greasy hair. I will say the scent is quite... potent. It reminds me of an Aveda type smell. Earthy and sweet. I'll give credit to the Kerastase for having a nicer, less obtrusive scent. But, overall, the Davines wins. It's a special product to apply it and to instantly look like you have better, healthier hair. EDIT - Bumping this to a 5. It's now my favorite hair oil. My hair is soft and hydrated looking and even when I apply more than I anticipated, it doesn't get greasy!