Davines Ol Absolute Beautifying Potion

Filtered by skin type : Oily
Davines Ol Absolute Beautifying Potion
Ol Absolute Beautifying PotionOl Absolute Beautifying Potion

4.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Disiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate/Octinoxate, Partum/Fragrance, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Tocopherol

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a hair product junkie and have tried everything to help my fine hair grow long. I've always had a problem with damaged ends, but then my stylist introduced me to this wonder oil. I was skeptic at first, since I don't want anything that weighs my hair down or make it greasy (I'm prone to oily roots). I was afraid it would be heavy and sticky like all those argan-based oil products. But my stylist insisted, and I thank him for that. I use just a tiny pump of this before blow drying (every other day) and the result is smooth, silky, shiny hair that doesn't tangle or break! I also use two pumps in my dry hair at night as a treatment.
Make sure to rub it in really well between your palms or it will make hair a little flat. Now, my ends stay healthier for way longer, and both me and my dear stylist are thrilled. I truly believe this product is the only thing that has actually helped with the breakage, and I will use this forever. It is a bit pricey, but seriously lasts forever.
Go get it, this would be wonderful for all hair types.
EDIT 12/21/2012: I have to put this down to 4 lippies, as I'm enjoying Bumble and bumble's hair oil so much more. The Bb. oil is lighter, contains more natural oils and feels more nourishing. Still, this is a good product for fine hair.

on 4/28/2013 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far, I think this works slightly better than Kerastase Elixir Ultime. It doesn't coat the hair as much, leaving a lighter feel. I also like that the pump for the bottle dispenses a smaller amount at a time. I often had to wipe away excess with the Elixir Ultime, else be stuck with greasy hair. I will say the scent is quite... potent. It reminds me of an Aveda type smell. Earthy and sweet. I'll give credit to the Kerastase for having a nicer, less obtrusive scent. But, overall, the Davines wins. It's a special product to apply it and to instantly look like you have better, healthier hair. EDIT - Bumping this to a 5. It's now my favorite hair oil. My hair is soft and hydrated looking and even when I apply more than I anticipated, it doesn't get greasy!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, does wonders on dry ends, since i started using it i noticed that my split ends are not so visible anymore. It is a bit expensive but is worth it.