Davines Ol Absolute Beautifying Potion

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Davines Ol Absolute Beautifying Potion
Ol Absolute Beautifying PotionOl Absolute Beautifying Potion

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Disiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate/Octinoxate, Partum/Fragrance, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Tocopherol

on 9/11/2012 3:17:00 PM

Honestly sometimes less is more so I will keep it simple....

This stuff is absolutely AMAZING.. you can't even deny it and it is something I can not put into words! Simply said... MIND BLASTING!!!

lol :)

I have really dry hair caused by heat damage from my daily blow dry and flat iron. I've used several different products for heat damage but they all seemed to make my hair flat and greasy the next day. This product was first used on my hair by my hairstylist and my hair has never looked better!!! It smells amazing too and lasts until your next shower. This is most definitely my favorite hair product. I use 2 pumps and rub the oil in my hands and apply it to the tips, then all over (I have short hair) and style as usual. My hair is knot-free, frizz-free, shiny, and soft. After using this, my hair feels like and looks like I've never used any heating tools. It doesn't weigh your hair down. My hair still looks great the next day!

This oil is amazing. I can put so much in my hair and it doesn't go greasy. Smells incredible and helps tame all the crazy fly-aways! Looking forward to longer, stronger and healthier hair!

Not bad a product, honestly but the smell just isnt really my thing n I find that Macadamia Healing Oil Treatment works much better at a similar price range. But really not bad for a hair oil, worth a try :)

on 5/1/2013 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I too have purchased Oi from Davines. LOVE it!!! It was first used on my head of foiled (now bleached) course hair. It made it soft and shiny. So, I had to have it. I use one to two pumps on extremely short hair, when towel dried, and rub all over. If you tend towards an oilier scalp just don't apply it too close. Rub your hands together well and

on 5/14/2013 12:07:00 PM

I love this stuff. LOVE it. I'm very low-maintenance, and I hadn't actually owned a blowdryer for 15 years until recently. When I decided to get serious about having better hair, my stylist gave me a sample of this stuff. WOW. I have a lot of straight hair, and the oil not only detangles my hair but makes it noticeably quicker to dry. It only takes me three or four minutes. What I totally didn't expect was the way it soothes my scalp. I have very sensitive skin (most likely dermatitis), which gets itchy and irritated almost immediately after I wash it. Because of this, I could only go about two days between washes, or it would get unbelievably uncomfortable and oily. This happened with or without blowdrying. When I use the oil before I blowdry, though, I can go five or six days between washes, which helps me avoid overdrying my skin. (And, again, helps me stay low-maintenance :P) My hair is now growing out much more nicely than it ever has before. It's healthy and it looks good, and I feel good.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I love this product so much! I have long, straight hair that tends to get greasy and oily very quickly. For the longest time, I thought I could never apply anything to my hair to help with flyaways and frizz because it would just weigh my already heavy hair down. This oil is incredibly lightweight and doesn't add any weight to my hair whatsoever. I also think it smells absolutely AMAZING. I am addicted to the smell, I wish my body wash smelled like this.

What's great about this oil is that it not only tames your hair but it's good for it too! You can use it as a treatment by applying it when your hair is damp. Or you can use it when it's dry as an anti-frizz. I love this stuff!

This product is literally worth its weight in gold. I cannot tell you how obsessed I am with this divine hair oil. I was looking for a hair oil, and since I am not actually a fan of Moroccanoil's scent (or the product itself, for that matter), it was a toss up between this and the Kerastase Elixir Ultime. Something told me to get this, and boy, am I glad that I did. First and foremost, the scent of this is absolutely magical. I wish they would make this in a candle, a room freshener, a perfume, because I would wear it all the time. I have even rubbed some of this oil on my wrists before I go to bed to soothe me. I can't get enough of it. And the fact that it stays scented in your hair all day is a total bonus for me. This also makes my hair very silky and manageable post-wash, without ever making my hair look heavy or oily (I put this on damp hair prior to blow-drying).

I would definitely recommend this to anyone for beautifully soft, manageable, and wonderfully scented hair! It is without a doubt my hair oil HG!

on 12/19/2013 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG hair oil!! I have the cursed combo of a full, thick head of fine hair, which has been processed to hell and back with bleach over the years. My stylist recommended Davines Oi Oil to bring my hair back to life, and it's working like a dream. I apply two pumps to the ends of my towel-dryed hair, and work it through about halfway up the shaft (never touching the roots). I then twist my hair into sections, clip, keep clipped for about an hour, and then let it down and air dry. The Oi Oil defines the waves in my hair without getting crunchy, frizzy or weighed down. Paired with the Oi Shampoo, my hair has never been softer. Love!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is not chemically treated and it is thick, frizzy & coarse. I apply 3-4 pumps before blowdrying and another 3-4 after. I have this in my handbag all the time and reapply on dry ends whenever I'm extra concerned, and fortunately this oil doesn't make your hair greasy no matter how many times you reapply... For my hair, at least.

The only problem I have is that it smells like cooking oil :/