Davines Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Davines Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion
Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Disiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate/Octinoxate, Partum/Fragrance, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Tocopherol

on 1/29/2017 3:37:00 AM

It is a lovely oil, the smell is incredible. The only downwards is that the pump usually blocks and I have to press more times.

on 7/14/2016 11:14:00 PM

This hair oil is life changing. I have thick, sort-of course hair, and I use a hair straightener on the ends almost daily. My hair never feels greasy, and the scent is just so heavenly. FYI: you can buy a roll-on perfume of this scent!

on 7/14/2016 11:04:00 PM

This product works perfectly in my dry, early 40s hair. Although my hair has always been wavy and fairly coarse, this would have been much too heavy for my hair when I was younger--it would have weighed it down and made it limp and greasy looking. However, as I have aged, my hair texture has changed; it's much more dry and porous than it used to be, and quite frustrating to deal with.

I put one pump of the oil on my hands and rub them together, then apply to the bottom few inches of my slightly damp hair. After most of the product has been distributed on my ends, I run my hands through the whole length and over the surface of my whole head of hair--I don't rub it into my scalp, though! Then I either let it air dry or I blow dry it a bit so it's barely damp, never bone-dry. This stuff makes my hair almost as manageable as it used to be, which is quite the compliment given how annoying my hair has become.

[My one caveat about this product, other than its pricetag (which is hefty, but a bottle lasts a long time) is its intense scent. I'm not crazy about it but it doesn't offend me greatly, either. I'd prefer a lighter scent, but it does dissipate a bit over the course of a couple of hours. However, it never does go away completely, so...if you hate the scent, I wouldn't advise investing in a bottle.]

I use this on my ends after I blow dry. If you have dry course hair you can even use it to blow dry. The smell is a bit much but otherwise it works well and the bottle last a long time.

on 9/23/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff smells horrible.. and I am not a scent-sensitive person. I don't care if it gave me model hair, I cant handle the old lady, thick, musky smell. My husband said my hair smelled like an old lady's potpourri on the back of the toilet :/ What were they thinking?? I got this in a birchbox kit and tried it twice. It didn't work any better than my Moroccan oil, and I prefer the non stink of Moroccan oil a million times over. This is going in the trash.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I totally love this stuff. I just recently got a hair cut my amazing stylist applied this. My hair was soooo incredibly soft. I have thick coarse hair and this helped keep it shiny and soft without weighing it down. I'm exited to try their other products as well!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is not chemically treated and it is thick, frizzy & coarse. I apply 3-4 pumps before blowdrying and another 3-4 after. I have this in my handbag all the time and reapply on dry ends whenever I'm extra concerned, and fortunately this oil doesn't make your hair greasy no matter how many times you reapply... For my hair, at least.

The only problem I have is that it smells like cooking oil :/

on 12/19/2013 2:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HG hair oil!! I have the cursed combo of a full, thick head of fine hair, which has been processed to hell and back with bleach over the years. My stylist recommended Davines Oi Oil to bring my hair back to life, and it's working like a dream. I apply two pumps to the ends of my towel-dryed hair, and work it through about halfway up the shaft (never touching the roots). I then twist my hair into sections, clip, keep clipped for about an hour, and then let it down and air dry. The Oi Oil defines the waves in my hair without getting crunchy, frizzy or weighed down. Paired with the Oi Shampoo, my hair has never been softer. Love!

This product is literally worth its weight in gold. I cannot tell you how obsessed I am with this divine hair oil. I was looking for a hair oil, and since I am not actually a fan of Moroccanoil's scent (or the product itself, for that matter), it was a toss up between this and the Kerastase Elixir Ultime. Something told me to get this, and boy, am I glad that I did. First and foremost, the scent of this is absolutely magical. I wish they would make this in a candle, a room freshener, a perfume, because I would wear it all the time. I have even rubbed some of this oil on my wrists before I go to bed to soothe me. I can't get enough of it. And the fact that it stays scented in your hair all day is a total bonus for me. This also makes my hair very silky and manageable post-wash, without ever making my hair look heavy or oily (I put this on damp hair prior to blow-drying).

I would definitely recommend this to anyone for beautifully soft, manageable, and wonderfully scented hair! It is without a doubt my hair oil HG!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

I love this product so much! I have long, straight hair that tends to get greasy and oily very quickly. For the longest time, I thought I could never apply anything to my hair to help with flyaways and frizz because it would just weigh my already heavy hair down. This oil is incredibly lightweight and doesn't add any weight to my hair whatsoever. I also think it smells absolutely AMAZING. I am addicted to the smell, I wish my body wash smelled like this.

What's great about this oil is that it not only tames your hair but it's good for it too! You can use it as a treatment by applying it when your hair is damp. Or you can use it when it's dry as an anti-frizz. I love this stuff!