Davines Ol Absolute Beautifying Potion

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Davines Ol Absolute Beautifying Potion
Ol Absolute Beautifying PotionOl Absolute Beautifying Potion

4.1

Cyclopentasiloxane, Disiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate/Octinoxate, Partum/Fragrance, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Tocopherol

Wow, I think I have found my one and only. I have damaged hair which is already weakened by the chemical stuff I've applied to my hair over the years and I hate breaking my hair just by brushing it (even if I'm trying to be gentle and using a tangle brush). Well, this stuff is now my best friend while detangling. It just makes my knots slip out plus it really makes my hair softer. I used to think that serums do nothing to my hair but luckily I decided to try out different ones to find the right product and that's where I stop! It is more of a serum than an oil because of the silicones in the ingredients but it just does everything.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have fine hair that's been bleached and my ends are kind of frizzy and tired and unfortunately this product doesn't really do anything that a cheaper oil wouldn't do. I usually love Davines hair products but I actually wouldn't recommend this. I also don't like the smell, I find that it kind of smells like gasoline or something....?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This stuff isn't the best smelling but does a good job of sealing ends. Good hair products for frizzy hair.

on 12/19/2014 11:15:00 PM

I do not think that this can compare to the Beauty Protector Protect and Oil for fine haired ladies. I found this product did not control my hair or frizz and that the smell was a little weird. I used it on my hair and on my sister's, which is much thicker and wavier and on hers it seemed to work well. It made her hair soft and manageable and kept frizz to a minimum. I guess it works better with certain hair textures. I would not repurchase this product personally, but it may work best for those with thicker hair.

on 5/14/2013 12:07:00 PM

I love this stuff. LOVE it. I'm very low-maintenance, and I hadn't actually owned a blowdryer for 15 years until recently. When I decided to get serious about having better hair, my stylist gave me a sample of this stuff. WOW. I have a lot of straight hair, and the oil not only detangles my hair but makes it noticeably quicker to dry. It only takes me three or four minutes. What I totally didn't expect was the way it soothes my scalp. I have very sensitive skin (most likely dermatitis), which gets itchy and irritated almost immediately after I wash it. Because of this, I could only go about two days between washes, or it would get unbelievably uncomfortable and oily. This happened with or without blowdrying. When I use the oil before I blowdry, though, I can go five or six days between washes, which helps me avoid overdrying my skin. (And, again, helps me stay low-maintenance :P) My hair is now growing out much more nicely than it ever has before. It's healthy and it looks good, and I feel good.

Okay, so this IS the hair oil you would want to look for if you have damaged, dry hair. First, because its primary function is not to just style your hair, like most oils do, but to treat it. it treats your hair as well as styling it. I know that a lot of products say they do that but when you get results, it's not true. I think that along Sebastian's Potion 9 are the only products that do both.
I had really messed up hair and since I started using this it has became softer and a lot more manageable. The thing is that with my kind of hair, you need something to weight it down, otherwise you have a serious afro, and not the cute, 70s kind.
My mom used it as well because she liked the smell, but she doesn't have damaged hair, and also she has a tendency for oiliness, and the hair oil just enhanced that, so I wouldn't recommend it for people with normal to oily hair, just for people with serious damage or uncontrollable frizz.
The packaging is not great, like all Davines products, but they aren't great in order to be recyclable which is always a plus. Its paraben and sulphate free,
Just use two or three pumps in long hair BEFORE blow drying it. The heat activates the silicons and roucou oils in it, making the overall result even better.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Great stuff! Two pumps leaves my hair soft, shiny and manageable. I have long, thick hair damaged by highlights- some ends need a lot of help. I sometimes wake up with hair a snaggled mess, but it is smooth when I wake up with this. It also smells great- an earthy, herbal, but elegant scent that others try for and miss the mark. The pump is annoying, but no complaints otherwise. I use it with their Relaxing Fluid (one of my fave hair products ever) finished with the Universal Polishing Coat. Perfect!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am a hair product junkie and have tried everything to help my fine hair grow long. I've always had a problem with damaged ends, but then my stylist introduced me to this wonder oil. I was skeptic at first, since I don't want anything that weighs my hair down or make it greasy (I'm prone to oily roots). I was afraid it would be heavy and sticky like all those argan-based oil products. But my stylist insisted, and I thank him for that. I use just a tiny pump of this before blow drying (every other day) and the result is smooth, silky, shiny hair that doesn't tangle or break! I also use two pumps in my dry hair at night as a treatment.
Make sure to rub it in really well between your palms or it will make hair a little flat. Now, my ends stay healthier for way longer, and both me and my dear stylist are thrilled. I truly believe this product is the only thing that has actually helped with the breakage, and I will use this forever. It is a bit pricey, but seriously lasts forever.
Go get it, this would be wonderful for all hair types.
EDIT 12/21/2012: I have to put this down to 4 lippies, as I'm enjoying Bumble and bumble's hair oil so much more. The Bb. oil is lighter, contains more natural oils and feels more nourishing. Still, this is a good product for fine hair.