Davines Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion

Davines Oi Oil - Absolute Beautifying Potion

4.4

Cyclopentasiloxane, Disiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate/Octinoxate, Partum/Fragrance, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Tocopherol

on 7/14/2016 11:14:00 PM

This hair oil is life changing. I have thick, sort-of course hair, and I use a hair straightener on the ends almost daily. My hair never feels greasy, and the scent is just so heavenly. FYI: you can buy a roll-on perfume of this scent!

on 7/14/2016 11:04:00 PM

This product works perfectly in my dry, early 40s hair. Although my hair has always been wavy and fairly coarse, this would have been much too heavy for my hair when I was younger--it would have weighed it down and made it limp and greasy looking. However, as I have aged, my hair texture has changed; it's much more dry and porous than it used to be, and quite frustrating to deal with.

I put one pump of the oil on my hands and rub them together, then apply to the bottom few inches of my slightly damp hair. After most of the product has been distributed on my ends, I run my hands through the whole length and over the surface of my whole head of hair--I don't rub it into my scalp, though! Then I either let it air dry or I blow dry it a bit so it's barely damp, never bone-dry. This stuff makes my hair almost as manageable as it used to be, which is quite the compliment given how annoying my hair has become.

[My one caveat about this product, other than its pricetag (which is hefty, but a bottle lasts a long time) is its intense scent. I'm not crazy about it but it doesn't offend me greatly, either. I'd prefer a lighter scent, but it does dissipate a bit over the course of a couple of hours. However, it never does go away completely, so...if you hate the scent, I wouldn't advise investing in a bottle.]

To Read all 26 Reviews, Login or Join

I use this on my ends after I blow dry. If you have dry course hair you can even use it to blow dry. The smell is a bit much but otherwise it works well and the bottle last a long time.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, does wonders on dry ends, since i started using it i noticed that my split ends are not so visible anymore. It is a bit expensive but is worth it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Full disclosure, I have never tried a Davines product I was unhappy with, and I have tried...exactly five. This one is my favorite.

It is heavily scented. So if you are extremely asthmatic, have a persnickety nose, or like b*tching about perfume that other people wear, don't buy any Davines styling products. The ones I have all have a detectable, lasting fragrance. I happen to like wearing a few fragrant products because I know that no one can smell my dumb vegan skin perfume, and also I don't let anyone get very close to me. Issues.

I color my waist-length hair conservatively, and iron it about once a week, but even before, since I was very young, I had a lot of frizz to go with my waves. Over the years I have tried a fool's fortune of different products. What stands out with this one is that it does not weigh my hair down or make it dull and stringy, even the next day. You know how girls are always trying to get 'texture' in their hair? Yeah, I have a lot of it, and most products just make it look unwashed. SHINE, and an overall appearance of HEALTH, is what I do get from this product. I typically have to use a little bit more than recommended to really fight that first-day frizz. I like to use the OI milk when my hair is wet, then three pumps of this oil when it dries.

It won't turn you into an advertisement for smooth hair (sorry, but I know we are convinced that SOMETHING will) but if you have issues with dullness and would like to know what soft hair feels like, try it. The trial size of this will last you a MONTH.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This stuff isn't the best smelling but does a good job of sealing ends. Good hair products for frizzy hair.

on 12/19/2014 11:15:00 PM

I do not think that this can compare to the Beauty Protector Protect and Oil for fine haired ladies. I found this product did not control my hair or frizz and that the smell was a little weird. I used it on my hair and on my sister's, which is much thicker and wavier and on hers it seemed to work well. It made her hair soft and manageable and kept frizz to a minimum. I guess it works better with certain hair textures. I would not repurchase this product personally, but it may work best for those with thicker hair.

on 9/23/2014 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff smells horrible.. and I am not a scent-sensitive person. I don't care if it gave me model hair, I cant handle the old lady, thick, musky smell. My husband said my hair smelled like an old lady's potpourri on the back of the toilet :/ What were they thinking?? I got this in a birchbox kit and tried it twice. It didn't work any better than my Moroccan oil, and I prefer the non stink of Moroccan oil a million times over. This is going in the trash.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

I totally love this stuff. I just recently got a hair cut my amazing stylist applied this. My hair was soooo incredibly soft. I have thick coarse hair and this helped keep it shiny and soft without weighing it down. I'm exited to try their other products as well!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My hair is not chemically treated and it is thick, frizzy & coarse. I apply 3-4 pumps before blowdrying and another 3-4 after. I have this in my handbag all the time and reapply on dry ends whenever I'm extra concerned, and fortunately this oil doesn't make your hair greasy no matter how many times you reapply... For my hair, at least.

The only problem I have is that it smells like cooking oil :/

Popular Hair Treatments