Davines Ol Absolute Beautifying Potion

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel age: 36-43
Davines Ol Absolute Beautifying Potion
Ol Absolute Beautifying PotionOl Absolute Beautifying Potion

1 review

Cyclopentasiloxane, Disiloxane, Dimethiconol, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate/Octinoxate, Partum/Fragrance, Bixa Orellana Seed Oil, Citronellol, Geraniol, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Tocopherol

on 7/14/2016 11:04:00 PM

This product works perfectly in my dry, early 40s hair. Although my hair has always been wavy and fairly coarse, this would have been much too heavy for my hair when I was younger--it would have weighed it down and made it limp and greasy looking. However, as I have aged, my hair texture has changed; it's much more dry than it used to be, and quite frustrating to deal with.

My hair is medium length (bra strap length when extended from the waves), so I put two pumps of the oil on my hands and rub them together, then apply to the bottom few inches of my slightly damp hair. After most of the product has been distributed on my ends, I run my hands through the whole length and over the surface of my whole head of hair--I don't rub it into my scalp, though! I try not to get it on my bangs either. I then comb it through and either let it air dry or I blow dry it a bit so it's barely damp, never bone-dry. This stuff makes my hair almost as manageable as it used to be, which is quite the compliment given how annoying my hair has become. I will definitely repurchase.

[My one caveat about this product, other than its pricetag (which is hefty, but a bottle lasts a long time; I have used the same bottle for well over two years and am just coming to the end of it now) is its intense scent. I'm not crazy about it but it doesn't offend me greatly, either. I'd prefer a lighter scent, but it does dissipate a bit over the course of a couple of hours. However, it never does go away completely, so...if you hate the scent, I wouldn't advise investing in a bottle.]