Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

3.7

Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-12, Silica, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Salix Alba (Willow Bark) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cholesterol, Glycerin, Zinc Stearate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Caffeine, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lecithin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Laureth-7, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethyl Citrate, Hydroxyapatite, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Alcohol, Dipropylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Nylon-6, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica

on 7/9/2016 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Not impressed with this foundation.

I have combination skin. This foundation somehow clings to my very fine lines, pores and emphasises them. This is the worst foundation for this. Yet, it doesn't stop the oil from oozing through.

The lack of a pump is annoying, but it's not a deal breaker. It's very portable.

Also, the colors aren't quite right for my skin. Alabaster is too light, but the next darker shade is too dark. It's not worth the hassle buying it just to mix them up to get the right color. So now, if I use it, it's in Winter, and I always have to use bronzer after this.

I love instead Lancome's Teint Idole 24hour, which somehow seems to blur my imperfections rather than emphasising them. A cheaper alternative is Maybelline's Fit Me foundation (matte and poreless) as well as Maybelline's 24hour superstay matte foundation.

on 6/28/2016 1:33:00 AM

This foundation looks beautiful, covers well and doesn't not irritate or breakout my skin. It controls oil well, but not to the point where it is dry. The tube it comes in is a pain and should be changed. The colors are challenging, but thankfully one of them is close enough to work for me. All in all, I love this foundation!

To Read all 231 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation i've ever tried and i have difficult skin so i've tried a lot! it's really easy to apply and never goes on cakey, but it still covers up most of my redness. The only issue is that if you try to build it up too much, it can make your skin look quite dry, but it does give a good matte finish and i would highly recommend it for oily skin

One of my favorite beauty products. Matte appearance, oil free, gentle on my skin. Sometimes I wear this by itself without any other makeup and it provides great coverage.

on 6/8/2016 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This foundation has light to medium coverage, and has a matte finish. It highlights dry/textured areas a little bit, not much. I wouldn't over powder this because its already matte and sets on its own. I think its a great matte foundation. Personally I prefer Satin/luminous (not dewy) finishes, but this foundation is demi-matte, not flat powdery matte.

Originally I was angry at the fact that this foundation wasnt med to full coverage since I bought it because the Beautypedia review said it was good for my skin type and had good coverage. Well it doesn't have medium to full coverage, but I've learned to appreciate it for a few reasons:

1. It stays looking decent even if you live in a hot, humid climate.
I've been sweating like crazy today, and its crazy hot/humid outside, and after 6 (so far) hours of this conditions it stills looks decent. Mind you I've had/used this foundation for a couple of months now, so I can attest to it having good staying power and water resistant properties. I set it with a sheer layer of Fit me Matte and poreless powder in 310 Sun Beige that must help the longevity too.

2. It doesnt make me break out.
Seriously, almost everything clogs my pores. This is pretty safe in that department thankfully. By no means Have I stopped having some clogged pores. But I dont have new breakouts. I use this with Paulas Choice Resist Super Light SPF 30, Clinique moisture surge/even better essence, & fit me powder. I think the culprit of the cloggies might be my SPF/essence. When I figure it out I will update.

3. Its a decent color match.
I use MAC studio fix powder foundation in NC 43, and Lancome Teint Idole Ultra in 420 N and this foundation in color Sand is a decent match. Its a bit more yellow than my skin, but It still works good enough.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

When I was in my late teens/early 20's, I used the Clinique Stay True Oil-Free Foundation and it was my fave but I hadn't tried it since they reformulated it.
I've been trying for so long to find a foundation that works well over the various more tenacious sunscreens I wear during the Spring and Summer.

So I decided to try the new version which is called Stay-Matte Oil-Free Foundation in Linen (I'm NC15). It's been awesome over the sunscreens I've tried so far. It doesn't oxidize like so many other Clinique foundations do on me and it makes my skin look great.

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk is still my absolute HG but this foundation works better over heavier sunscreens. Very nice!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is my favorite foundation by far. I'm a AA women and I find it very hard to get the perfect match. This one is dead on. I'm in the color-Ginger. It stays matte on my oily skin and doesn't break me out. Truly the best for me!

on 3/16/2016 10:01:00 PM

I've been using this foundation for years, it's my go-to but not because I find it to be the best but because it's the most 'OK' for my skin. I experience breakouts around my mouth, chin and jawline, I have quite an oily t zone but the rest of my skin is fairly normal (sometimes dry in winter). In my experience, it's fantastic, but only if you moisturise and prime the face really well. Otherwise it settles into fine lines VERY quickly. It's great for shine control, I rarely have to touch it up my problematic t zone or the areas where I experience acne. When I initially started using it I was concerned it would cling to dry patches (mostly in winter) because I've experienced that with a fair few matte foundations, however I haven't had that with this foundation which is excellent. It gives great buildable coverage, I almost can't see any blemishes or scarring with this foundation once I've built it up to my liking. I use to set my entire face with setting powder after applying this foundation but found my skin would look so dry after about an hour and parts of the foundation would actually flake off... my advice - use setting powder sparingly and only in the oily zones and it'll sit pretty for most of the day. I love that this foundation doesn't make skin feel gross and heavy if left on for most of the day. As far as I can tell it hasn't created any problems with my acne which is good. The range of shades is a little limited, I use the shade 'Alabaster' which is one of the lightest shades but is just the tiniest bit too dark for my fair skin. I think the biggest problem for me is that you can't really get all of the product out of the squeeze tube when it's near the end of use, I often have to cut the tube in half to get the excess out (and there's usually a lot of it still in there). Given that it's quite a pricey foundation I think that's a bit of an issue. Overall it's a great product, just be wary of how you set it. I'd say if you have dry skin then avoid this product all together though.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This was my very first high end foundation and gosh I love it. It blends so well and covers so much of the little imperfections I have. It's oil free which is a must since I have oily skin. The only thing I would say is too not put so much of the foundation into your face because then it'll look cakey. Overall great foundation.

on 2/10/2016 1:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Amazing foundation for the summer months! Matte finish, make sure you exfoliate before application so it doesn't catch onto any texture. Full coverage, no transfer, sweat proof and long wearing.

Only con is the colour range, the undertones are extremely pink or orange for some reason.