Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

3.7

Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-12, Silica, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Salix Alba (Willow Bark) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cholesterol, Glycerin, Zinc Stearate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Caffeine, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lecithin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Laureth-7, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethyl Citrate, Hydroxyapatite, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Alcohol, Dipropylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Nylon-6, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica

on 5/6/2017 10:26:00 PM

This is the best foundation I've tried by far for keeping your face matte. It definitely isn't perfect though. I feel like it makes my skin look a bit dry and dull every time I use it (this can be fixed with some nice rosewater spray or other setting spray though). I've been using this for around two years now (on and off) and have gone through two tubes. The coverage is pretty good and the color is decent (golden neutral for nc30 skin). But again...it's for really oily skin types in my opinion. Every time I use it I feel like my skin looks too dry. I still keep it in my beauty arsenal though because sometimes I just need a long lasting, matte foundation and this truly does the job. Oil does peek through in the t-zone and nose area 4ish hours in. But you can just subtly dab your face with a tissue (when no one is looking lol) and it solves the problem and your makeup looks as good as new.

It made my skin look super dry and I have combination skin. Also felt like all the shades were more on the pinky-beige side.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation is best for women who want that "no make up" look. Very natural, lightweight, variety of shades, last a long time, and the packaging is very convenient. Keep in mind this is not a full coverage/glam foundation, and it does wear out at the end of the day.

on 8/2/2016 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This was such a disappointment for me. Might work for someone with perfect skin, but didn't work at all to cover up large pores and acne-scars. They even look worse... Wish I didn't spend that money...

on 7/30/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This could possibly be the worst foundation I have ever tried. It did absolutely nothing to control my oil, it would separate and simply wouldn't stick to my face for very long. It also looked streaky and uneven upon application and would sit in my pores and look horrible.
It pretty much did the exact opposite of what it claims to do.

on 7/9/2016 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Not impressed with this foundation.

I have combination skin. This foundation somehow clings to my very fine lines, pores and emphasises them. This is the worst foundation for this. Yet, it doesn't stop the oil from oozing through.

The lack of a pump is annoying, but it's not a deal breaker. It's very portable.

Also, the colors aren't quite right for my skin. Alabaster is too light, but the next darker shade is too dark. It's not worth the hassle buying it just to mix them up to get the right color. So now, if I use it, it's in Winter, and I always have to use bronzer after this.

I love instead Lancome's Teint Idole 24hour, which somehow seems to blur my imperfections rather than emphasising them. A cheaper alternative is Maybelline's Fit Me foundation (matte and poreless) as well as Maybelline's 24hour superstay matte foundation.

on 6/28/2016 1:33:00 AM

This foundation looks beautiful, covers well and doesn't not irritate or breakout my skin. It controls oil well, but not to the point where it is dry. The tube it comes in is a pain and should be changed. The colors are challenging, but thankfully one of them is close enough to work for me. All in all, I love this foundation!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation i've ever tried and i have difficult skin so i've tried a lot! it's really easy to apply and never goes on cakey, but it still covers up most of my redness. The only issue is that if you try to build it up too much, it can make your skin look quite dry, but it does give a good matte finish and i would highly recommend it for oily skin

One of my favorite beauty products. Matte appearance, oil free, gentle on my skin. Sometimes I wear this by itself without any other makeup and it provides great coverage.

on 6/8/2016 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

---------------------UPDATE-----------------------
This is a very nice light to medium coverage foundation for people with normal, combination skin, and those who are acne prone, as it's water based and light. Its long wearing and readily available for the most part. Ithe doesn't break down and separate under reasonable hot, humid conditions.

This foundation doesn't break me out or emphasize wrinkles. Worn over chemical suncreen it looks very natural, not matte at all. Which is one of the reasons I took a lippie off. Your DONT stay matte with this. It doesn't ADD to the oil slick perse, but it doesn't manage it or keep it at bay. If yor your skin care isn't matte, this will take on the finish of it.

I put it on with the RT Expert Face brush and set with Maybelline Matte and Poreless powder. I don't bother layering it as it doeset seem to build up above medium.

I really like this coupled with a concealer, and if it weren't because I don't 'Stay Matte' with it (compared to other higher end matte foundations), or like the color selection ( so few olive/yellow shades :( )I would have given it 5 stars. I rate it 3.

-----------------------------------
This foundation has medium coverage and a demi-matte finish that worn over moisturizer looks natural matte. It looks beautiful on and doesn't empasizes wrinkles like powdery matte foundations sometimes do (looking at you Loreal Pro matte). This foundation looks better than anything at the drugstore at a budget price for combination/oily skin.

It's long wearing and doesn't break down with light sweat. Which is great. Doesn't break me out. I prep with Paulas choice Clear Spf 30 fluid (Chemical sunscreen). Then I apply the fndtn with a flat brush in a hashtag motion and blend it further with the RT Expert Face brush. I set it with a sheer layer of Fit me Matte and poreless powder in 310 Sun Beige or 330 toffee. Looks great on my skin, and I have wrinkles around my mouth and skin texture from pimples and other stuff (using a retinoid. Its bringing a lot of stuff out.)

Colorwise I can use it no problem, but I look tanner and slightly more orange with it. For Reference I use MAC studio fix powder foundation in NC 43, and Lancome Teint Idole Ultra in 420 N; I have this foundation in color Sand. In loreal pro matte I mix 106 Sun Beige and 108 Caramel Beige to get my color.