Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

3.7

Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-12, Silica, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Salix Alba (Willow Bark) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cholesterol, Glycerin, Zinc Stearate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Caffeine, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lecithin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Laureth-7, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethyl Citrate, Hydroxyapatite, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Alcohol, Dipropylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Nylon-6, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica

on 10/27/2017 12:05:00 AM

Maybe a great foundation. I love Clinique! However, this seems too accentuate my lines and make the lines under my eyes look way worse. I prefer Mac Nourishing foundation over this by far though I really like Clinique products, preferably there line of moisturizer are awesome! Would use it again if needed but would not buy. I did get this as a sample and glad I did before I bought it!! I will have to pass. Update: Tried again and kinda liking more. Still not as good as Mac Nourishing but pretty decent. I do like the way it applies...goes on smooth. hum..maybe I would again.

on 10/21/2017 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only foundation I use now. I have repurchased several times. I don't like all Clinique foundations. Some of them seem to oxidise on me.

It never breaks me out, when almost everything else does and never irritates my very sensitive skin. I'm naturally very light brown in complexion and it's hard to find foundations that are right and not too orange. The 'neutral' is great for winter for me and 'honey' is great for the rest of the year.

This foundation is a natural, perhaps semi - matte and lasts fairly well.

Pros:

~ doesn't break me out even if I've fallen asleep in it
~ natural colour selection
~ good for sensitive skin (I get red, raised skin from lots of products and find this totally innocuous)
~ buildable
~ lasts quite well. Might reapply once in the evening bearing in mind I use this watered down.
~ some oil control
~ not drying
~ shape of packaging means it fits in a small hand bag
~ one tube lasts me ages and ages.

Cons:
~ might not be matte enough for 'matte purists'
~ Is too heavy looking for my prefernace without being mixed with moisturiser though for me this means it lasts several months. Also my skin is more normal - oily than truly oily and is very clear these days (here's to finding appropriate products and getting out of my teens!)
~can make blocked pores on nose (which occur after I have tried inappropriate skincare / make up products, this not being one of them) stand out more.
~pricey ish but is on the lower side of cost of premium make up and for the quality, for something that doesn't break me out and something that lasts so long it is worth every penny.
~packaging isn't super luxe, especially for the price, though I quite like the simplicity of it.

on 8/10/2017 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This doesn't break out my sensitive skin at all. It blends really nice.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have combo, acne prone skin and work in a very stressful and humid environment (Emergency Room) for 12 hour shifts. So, I have to have a foundation that will hold up and not break me out. This foundation, though not perfect, does pretty well. I would say it's a medium coverage. I set it with the Clinique Stay Matte powder. It does not break me out and I usually only have to blot a couple times during my shift. And the price is great at around $24.

on 8/12/2017 2:33:00 PM

This foundation is not impessive in my opinion. I have oily skin and it does control my oil, I will give it that. I bought this for the warmer weather. Sounded ideal. But this foundation clings to the very fine lines under my eyes and on the side of my mouth and emphasises them like no other foundation I have tried. For example: Dermablend smooth camo foundation (not  totally matte), Loreal infallible pro matte, Maybelle fit me matte and poreless. I have tried a normal amount of foundation, and a very light amount. I've tried different primers, setting powders (finely milled powders like RCMA), and no powders. Powder on top of the foundation or on top of the primer before the fiundation. All with the same result. And as for staying power, it is more expensive than the drug store brands and cheaper than the Dermablend but doesn't have the staying power over 4 to 6 hours. Looks great when first applied but then breaks down and all but melts off my face. And resistant to sweat...nope. I sweat just a little and it comes off on my finger or tissue (barely touching it, I had to test the claim) and it leaves a bare spot. Thankfully I only tested on my forehead. I definitely won't repurchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am such a cynic and very let down by even the most high end of foundations (take note Armani and Estee Lauder) but this has actually changed my life. No exaggeration....I'll explain why.

I have horrendously oily skin. The worst of anyone I have ever come across.
L'Oréal 24 Hour Infallible Matte was the one I'd settled for (did a not bad job but was always searching for better and reapplying powder to settle the shine) UNTIL I CAME ACROSS THIS!

OMG this is the first foundation where I KNOW I WILL NOT have to check an hour after applying for oiliness. Yes I have a bit of oiliness but it is a FEW HOURS after application which is a FIRST for me as normally within half an hour I'm putting more powder on.

Please.....if you have oily skin and are dubious of trying this....DON'THE HESITATE. It is fantastic 👍👌👍👌👍👌👍👌👍👌👍👌

on 5/6/2017 10:26:00 PM

This is the best foundation I've tried by far for keeping your face matte. It definitely isn't perfect though. I feel like it makes my skin look a bit dry and dull every time I use it (this can be fixed with some nice rosewater spray or other setting spray though). I've been using this for around two years now (on and off) and have gone through two tubes. The coverage is pretty good and the color is decent (golden neutral for nc30 skin). But again...it's for really oily skin types in my opinion. Every time I use it I feel like my skin looks too dry. I still keep it in my beauty arsenal though because sometimes I just need a long lasting, matte foundation and this truly does the job. Oil does peek through in the t-zone and nose area 4ish hours in. But you can just subtly dab your face with a tissue (when no one is looking lol) and it solves the problem and your makeup looks as good as new.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation is best for women who want that "no make up" look. Very natural, lightweight, variety of shades, last a long time, and the packaging is very convenient. Keep in mind this is not a full coverage/glam foundation, and it does wear out at the end of the day.

Great results with my oily-combination skin, high coverage but also easy to apply and not cakey

It made my skin look super dry and I have combination skin. Also felt like all the shades were more on the pinky-beige side.