Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

3.7

Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-12, Silica, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Salix Alba (Willow Bark) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cholesterol, Glycerin, Zinc Stearate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Caffeine, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lecithin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Laureth-7, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethyl Citrate, Hydroxyapatite, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Alcohol, Dipropylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Nylon-6, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation is best for women who want that "no make up" look. Very natural, lightweight, variety of shades, last a long time, and the packaging is very convenient. Keep in mind this is not a full coverage/glam foundation, and it does wear out at the end of the day.

on 8/2/2016 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This was such a disappointment for me. Might work for someone with perfect skin, but didn't work at all to cover up large pores and acne-scars. They even look worse... Wish I didn't spend that money...

To Read all 234 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/30/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This could possibly be the worst foundation I have ever tried. It did absolutely nothing to control my oil, it would separate and simply wouldn't stick to my face for very long. It also looked streaky and uneven upon application and would sit in my pores and look horrible.
It pretty much did the exact opposite of what it claims to do.

on 7/9/2016 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Not impressed with this foundation.

I have combination skin. This foundation somehow clings to my very fine lines, pores and emphasises them. This is the worst foundation for this. Yet, it doesn't stop the oil from oozing through.

The lack of a pump is annoying, but it's not a deal breaker. It's very portable.

Also, the colors aren't quite right for my skin. Alabaster is too light, but the next darker shade is too dark. It's not worth the hassle buying it just to mix them up to get the right color. So now, if I use it, it's in Winter, and I always have to use bronzer after this.

I love instead Lancome's Teint Idole 24hour, which somehow seems to blur my imperfections rather than emphasising them. A cheaper alternative is Maybelline's Fit Me foundation (matte and poreless) as well as Maybelline's 24hour superstay matte foundation.

on 6/28/2016 1:33:00 AM

This foundation looks beautiful, covers well and doesn't not irritate or breakout my skin. It controls oil well, but not to the point where it is dry. The tube it comes in is a pain and should be changed. The colors are challenging, but thankfully one of them is close enough to work for me. All in all, I love this foundation!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the best foundation i've ever tried and i have difficult skin so i've tried a lot! it's really easy to apply and never goes on cakey, but it still covers up most of my redness. The only issue is that if you try to build it up too much, it can make your skin look quite dry, but it does give a good matte finish and i would highly recommend it for oily skin

One of my favorite beauty products. Matte appearance, oil free, gentle on my skin. Sometimes I wear this by itself without any other makeup and it provides great coverage.

on 6/8/2016 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

This foundation has light to a solid medium/high coverage (though not full), and has a matte finish that is not flat. It looks beautiful on and doesn't empasizes wrinkles like powdery matte foundations sometimes do. This foundation looks better than anything at the drugstore at a budget price for combination/oily skin.

It highlights dry/textured areas a little bit, not much IF you use it over matte skincare. I wouldn't over powder this over matte skincare because its already matte and sets on its own. Over dewy skincare combo/oily people should powder it.

It's long wearing and doesn't break down with light sweat. Which is great. Doesn't break me out. I apply with a flat brush in a hashtag motion and then blend it further by patting it in with my fingers. I set it with a sheer layer of Fit me Matte and poreless powder in 310 Sun Beige or 330 toffe.

Its a decent color match.
I use MAC studio fix powder foundation in NC 43, and Lancome Teint Idole Ultra in 420 N and this foundation in color Sand is a decent match. Its a bit more orange than my skin, but It still works good enough.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

When I was in my late teens/early 20's, I used the Clinique Stay True Oil-Free Foundation and it was my fave but I hadn't tried it since they reformulated it.
I've been trying for so long to find a foundation that works well over the various more tenacious sunscreens I wear during the Spring and Summer.

So I decided to try the new version which is called Stay-Matte Oil-Free Foundation in Linen (I'm NC15). It's been awesome over the sunscreens I've tried so far. It doesn't oxidize like so many other Clinique foundations do on me and it makes my skin look great.

Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk is still my absolute HG but this foundation works better over heavier sunscreens. Very nice!

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is my favorite foundation by far. I'm a AA women and I find it very hard to get the perfect match. This one is dead on. I'm in the color-Ginger. It stays matte on my oily skin and doesn't break me out. Truly the best for me!