Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

Clinique Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

3.7

Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-12, Silica, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Salix Alba (Willow Bark) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cholesterol, Glycerin, Zinc Stearate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Caffeine, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lecithin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Laureth-7, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethyl Citrate, Hydroxyapatite, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Alcohol, Dipropylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Nylon-6, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica

on 8/12/2017 2:33:00 PM

This foundation is not impessive in my opinion. I have oily skin and it does control my oil, I will give it that. I bought this for the warmer weather. Sounded ideal. But this foundation clings to the very fine lines under my eyes and on the side of my mouth and emphasises them like no other foundation I have tried. For example: Dermablend smooth camo foundation (not  totally matte), Loreal infallible pro matte, Maybelle fit me matte and poreless. I have tried a normal amount of foundation, and a very light amount. I've tried different primers, setting powders (finely milled powders like RCMA), and no powders. Powder on top of the foundation or on top of the primer before the fiundation. All with the same result. And as for staying power, it is more expensive than the drug store brands and cheaper than the Dermablend but doesn't have the staying power over 4 to 6 hours. Looks great when first applied but then breaks down and all but melts off my face. And resistant to sweat...nope. I sweat just a little and it comes off on my finger or tissue (barely touching it, I had to test the claim) and it leaves a bare spot. Thankfully I only tested on my forehead. I definitely won't repurchase.

on 8/10/2017 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This doesn't break out my sensitive skin at all. It blends really nice.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have combo, acne prone skin and work in a very stressful and humid environment (Emergency Room) for 12 hour shifts. So, I have to have a foundation that will hold up and not break me out. This foundation, though not perfect, does pretty well. I would say it's a medium coverage. I set it with the Clinique Stay Matte powder. It does not break me out and I usually only have to blot a couple times during my shift. And the price is great at around $24.

Great results with my oily-combination skin, high coverage but also easy to apply and not cakey

on 5/6/2017 10:26:00 PM

This is the best foundation I've tried by far for keeping your face matte. It definitely isn't perfect though. I feel like it makes my skin look a bit dry and dull every time I use it (this can be fixed with some nice rosewater spray or other setting spray though). I've been using this for around two years now (on and off) and have gone through two tubes. The coverage is pretty good and the color is decent (golden neutral for nc30 skin). But again...it's for really oily skin types in my opinion. Every time I use it I feel like my skin looks too dry. I still keep it in my beauty arsenal though because sometimes I just need a long lasting, matte foundation and this truly does the job. Oil does peek through in the t-zone and nose area 4ish hours in. But you can just subtly dab your face with a tissue (when no one is looking lol) and it solves the problem and your makeup looks as good as new.

It made my skin look super dry and I have combination skin. Also felt like all the shades were more on the pinky-beige side.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation is best for women who want that "no make up" look. Very natural, lightweight, variety of shades, last a long time, and the packaging is very convenient. Keep in mind this is not a full coverage/glam foundation, and it does wear out at the end of the day.

on 8/2/2016 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This was such a disappointment for me. Might work for someone with perfect skin, but didn't work at all to cover up large pores and acne-scars. They even look worse... Wish I didn't spend that money...

on 7/30/2016 12:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This could possibly be the worst foundation I have ever tried. It did absolutely nothing to control my oil, it would separate and simply wouldn't stick to my face for very long. It also looked streaky and uneven upon application and would sit in my pores and look horrible.
It pretty much did the exact opposite of what it claims to do.

on 7/9/2016 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Not impressed with this foundation.

I have combination skin. This foundation somehow clings to my very fine lines, pores and emphasises them. This is the worst foundation for this. Yet, it doesn't stop the oil from oozing through.

The lack of a pump is annoying, but it's not a deal breaker. It's very portable.

Also, the colors aren't quite right for my skin. Alabaster is too light, but the next darker shade is too dark. It's not worth the hassle buying it just to mix them up to get the right color. So now, if I use it, it's in Winter, and I always have to use bronzer after this.

I love instead Lancome's Teint Idole 24hour, which somehow seems to blur my imperfections rather than emphasising them. A cheaper alternative is Maybelline's Fit Me foundation (matte and poreless) as well as Maybelline's 24hour superstay matte foundation.