CLINIQUE Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

CLINIQUE Stay-Matte Oil-Free Makeup

3.7

Water, Methyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Dimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Nylon-12, Silica, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Salix Alba (Willow Bark) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cholesterol, Glycerin, Zinc Stearate, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Caffeine, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Lecithin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Dimethicone PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenyl Trimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Laureth-7, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethyl Citrate, Hydroxyapatite, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Chloride, Alcohol, Dipropylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Nylon-6, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Just got today after wanting to find a lighter foundation for the spring/ summer time... I have sensitive skin and can not wear makeup with any SPF in it... Went to Ulta and sales lady recommended this.. went on smoothly with no primer or did not set with power on ,my skin and lasted all day... I found a perfect match for my skin in the shade Alabaster...

Update: While I first loved this makeup after wearing for a week made my skin very dry and clung to those dry areas even after putting moisturizer on.. Had to take back...

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This is pretty good stuff... easy to blend, comfortable on the face, and lasts throughout the day. This matte finish is not cakey, it is natural looking. Also, I didn’t feel like I had to set this foundation with powder.

One con is the coverage of this foundation...most of my acne still shows through, so I have to do a lot of spot concealing. It did not seem to exacerbate my acne which I enjoy.

The shade range is pretty disappointing, but good thing this foundation is pretty sheer! This makes it slightly easier to find a match for your skin.

This is good if you’re looking for a comfortable light-medium coverage foundation. If my skin ever improves, I would love to just slap this on without any concealer on top! A girl can dream.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Always in search of new and better foundations. It's the makeup product that has always been fickle and experimental to me.

Been trying Clinique lately, and I really like one foundation of theirs, so decided to try this one in a shade suitable for summer when I use sunless tanner, the shade Honey.

At first with light application, it looks true to color, matte, airbrushed and flawless. After a two hours, my face became oily, shiny and every wrinkle and imperfection had a spotlight on it. Powder helped, but made it look heavy.

This foundation is not at all buildable. I've used a flat brush, a stippling brush, a beauty blender. One layer is all you will get if you want decent texture. Trying to get more coverage looks very heavy and unnatural.

The squeeze tube is awesome, considering other high end foundations come in a bottle without a pump, or you have to spend extra to get one. It's just very plain and none of the signature luxury other Clinique products have. But the tube is sturdy.

There wasn't any perfume, but it had a chemical/waxy smell that didn't leave after the dry-down. No reactions. Clogged my pores a little, but no huge painful breakouts. For the price, it wasn't a shocker, Clinique has better.

on 4/3/2018 9:19:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Perfection in a bottle. I have very oily skin and it stays there all day without powder or primer. Doesn't break me out (I have very sensitive skin) even though I wear it for 12 hours every single day. Doesn't oxidize and colors much perfectly. Stays matte all day and doesn't transfer nor wears off. It's super light- you don't feel it on the face- and it spreads really easy. A little goes a long way and it has great coverage without looking cakey. It looks natural but has good coverage. Packaging is very convenient and you can reach even the last drop out of it. I've been using it since forever and will never stop purchasing it. The price is super cool too because it lasts a really long time.

on 10/27/2017 12:05:00 AM

Maybe a great foundation. I love Clinique! However, this seems too accentuate my lines and make the lines under my eyes look way worse. I prefer Mac Nourishing foundation over this by far though I really like Clinique products, preferably there line of moisturizer are awesome! Would use it again if needed but would not buy. I did get this as a sample and glad I did before I bought it!! I will have to pass. Update: Tried again and kinda liking more. Still not as good as Mac Nourishing but pretty decent. I do like the way it applies...goes on smooth. hum..maybe I would again.

on 10/21/2017 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is the only foundation I use now. I have repurchased several times. I don't like all Clinique foundations. Some of them seem to oxidise on me.

It never breaks me out, when almost everything else does and never irritates my very sensitive skin. I'm naturally very light brown in complexion and it's hard to find foundations that are right and not too orange. The 'neutral' is great for winter for me and 'honey' is great for the rest of the year.

This foundation is a natural, perhaps semi - matte and lasts fairly well.

Pros:

~ doesn't break me out even if I've fallen asleep in it
~ natural colour selection
~ good for sensitive skin (I get red, raised skin from lots of products and find this totally innocuous)
~ buildable
~ lasts quite well. Might reapply once in the evening bearing in mind I use this watered down.
~ some oil control
~ not drying
~ shape of packaging means it fits in a small hand bag
~ one tube lasts me ages and ages.

Cons:
~ might not be matte enough for 'matte purists'
~ Is too heavy looking for my prefernace without being mixed with moisturiser though for me this means it lasts several months. Also my skin is more normal - oily than truly oily and is very clear these days (here's to finding appropriate products and getting out of my teens!)
~can make blocked pores on nose (which occur after I have tried inappropriate skincare / make up products, this not being one of them) stand out more.
~pricey ish but is on the lower side of cost of premium make up and for the quality, for something that doesn't break me out and something that lasts so long it is worth every penny.
~packaging isn't super luxe, especially for the price, though I quite like the simplicity of it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am such a cynic and very let down by even the most high end of foundations (take note Armani and Estee Lauder) but this has actually changed my life. No exaggeration....I'll explain why.

I have horrendously oily skin. The worst of anyone I have ever come across.
L'OrΓ©al 24 Hour Infallible Matte was the one I'd settled for (did a not bad job but was always searching for better and reapplying powder to settle the shine) UNTIL I CAME ACROSS THIS!

OMG this is the first foundation where I KNOW I WILL NOT have to check an hour after applying for oiliness. Yes I have a bit of oiliness but it is a FEW HOURS after application which is a FIRST for me as normally within half an hour I'm putting more powder on.

Please.....if you have oily skin and are dubious of trying this....DON'THE HESITATE. It is fantastic πŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘ŒπŸ‘πŸ‘Œ

on 8/12/2017 2:33:00 PM

This foundation is not impessive in my opinion. I have oily skin and it does control my oil, I will give it that. I bought this for the warmer weather. Sounded ideal. But this foundation clings to the very fine lines under my eyes and on the side of my mouth and emphasises them like no other foundation I have tried. For example: Dermablend smooth camo foundation (notΒ  totally matte), Loreal infallible pro matte, Maybelle fit me matte and poreless. I have tried a normal amount of foundation, and a very light amount. I've tried different primers, setting powders (finely milled powders like RCMA), and no powders. Powder on top of the foundation or on top of the primer before the fiundation. All with the same result. And as for staying power, it is more expensive than the drug store brands and cheaper than the Dermablend but doesn't have the staying power over 4 to 6 hours. Looks great when first applied but then breaks down and all but melts off my face. And resistant to sweat...nope. I sweat just a little and it comes off on my finger or tissue (barely touching it, I had to test the claim) and it leaves a bare spot. Thankfully I only tested on my forehead. I definitely won't repurchase.

on 8/10/2017 9:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This doesn't break out my sensitive skin at all. It blends really nice.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have combo, acne prone skin and work in a very stressful and humid environment (Emergency Room) for 12 hour shifts. So, I have to have a foundation that will hold up and not break me out. This foundation, though not perfect, does pretty well. I would say it's a medium coverage. I set it with the Clinique Stay Matte powder. It does not break me out and I usually only have to blot a couple times during my shift. And the price is great at around $24.