Cetaphil Dermacontrol OIl Control Foam Wash

Cetaphil Dermacontrol OIl Control Foam Wash

3.2

Water, Zinc Coceth Sulfate, Glycerin, PEG 75, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Zinc Gluconate, PEG 200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, PEG 40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Benzoate, Masking Fragrance (Parfum), Disodium EDTA

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Truly one of the worst cleansers on the market to have ever been created. It has such a very strong, overwhelming fragrance to it, that's absolutely unpleasant to smell. Plus, it is very drying and irritating to the skin as well. Cetaphil really did a horrible job when they came out with this stuff.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Avoid this unless your face is SUPER oily.... otherwise it'll make your skin dry and dull. I can't get into foaming cleansers that come out as foam immediately upon dispensing (like foaming hand soaps). My skin just needs something that starts off thicker and lathers.

To Read all 64 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very oily skin, rosacea, and the occasional break out.
I cannot use salcylic acid, it flares up my rosacea and makes my face burn. I only use face wash with benzoyl peroxide, sulfur, tea tree, or vitamin c. Those aren't easy to find at target and Walmart.
I tried this after garnier discontinued my gelee cleanser. I was not a fan of regular cetaphil, so I never tried their other options. So glad I did. This lathers, and is the first face wash I've tried that actually controls oil, doesn't make my forehead shiny, Keeps my skin clear, and doesn't irritate my rosacea.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The product comes out as a foam right away from a pump. Two pumps is enough for me. It feels nice and cleans my face (with no makeup and non-waterproof sunscreen). But did it work?

Yes, this product did control my oils. However, by then end of one month of usage, my face was dehydrated and dull. Oh, and it gave me millions of micro plugs on my forehead, chin, and around my nose. The first week was fine-- my face felt normal. During the second week, my skin started getting worse, but I ignored it since I thought it was drying up from travelling. I kept using it but in the end, it's been half a month after i stop using it and I'm still trying to fix my skin up!

on 7/15/2015 1:18:00 PM

Yes this does control oil, but the more I used it the more it dried my skin. I stopped using it because it started burning and irritating my skin.

on 6/4/2015 10:31:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I used an entire bottle of this product and have mixed feelings about it. I have very oily skin, and this wash did reduce my oil, which is what it is primarily designed to do, so I appreciate that because it is effective without being too drying. However, I broke out frequently while using it, which was annoying and difficult to deal with. I also don't like the foam aspect of it, because it feels like my skin is not getting a deep clean and you need to pump it several times to get enough foam to wash your face. Still, the product lasted a long time, even with having to pump it so much. Also, sometimes I would wash my face and after a few seconds, all the foam dissolved, and I ended up washing my face with barely any product. It's been a few weeks since I last used it, and my face is oily again but the breakouts have gone down. So with as much as I love it's ability to actually control my oil, the breakouts were not worth the product.

on 5/27/2015 11:26:00 AM

This stuff burns! Even after the first use it burned! I was put on Epiduo and this face wash burned my skin in areas that I didn't even have the Epiduo. I don't have oily skin but the Epiduo site recommended this product and I figured it wouldn't be much different than other products but boy was I wrong. It burned so bad that I had to keep splashing cold water on my face.. and to follow up with the moisturizer was even worse. I don't know if I'm allergic or sensitive to an ingredient in this face wash but my skin literally felt like it was burning off my face.... but the strange part, my face didn't get red at all. It just got really dry, like I was peeling from a sunburn. I immediately switched to Cetaphil gentle cleanser and a different moisturizer and my skin is slowly getting better. Horrible product! Worst face wash I have EVER tried and let me tell you, I've tried quite a lot of products to battle my acne.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The BEST cleanser i have ever used- it is hands down my favourite.
I am pretty lucky with naturally clear skin but my doctor recommended this cleanser to use with my perioral dermatitis around my nose. Within a week of using the cleanser, the dermatitis wasnt half as angry as it was and didnt sting like normal. The cleanser also cleared up the redness and blemishes I had on my lower cheeks.
I love how this product is a foam as oppose to a gel or cream. It is fun to pump out the bubbles and the foam reacts really well with my sensitive skin.
The foam makes it really easy to massage into your skin and easy to wash off. Best of all it doesnt leave any residue like I've found many other cleansers to do. It leaves your skin feeling soothed and clean.
I have tried tons of cleansers but this is my absolute favourite, I have friends who also use the product and we all recommend it to anyone - we love it!

on 4/19/2015 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

LOVEEEEE!! BUY IT I HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT! I was having such bad acne all over my cheeks, chin and forhead and i had tried so much home remedies and just pretty much everything BUT I FOUND THIS! I'll never ever use anything else again, yes it does dry out your skin but i just started to put bio oil after i used it and i just love it

on 3/30/2015 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have oily skin reason why I bought this but it drys up my skin. The first time I used it felt great. It was all tingly and my skin felt and looked clean. Then as time gone by my skin started to get dry. Don't buy it. it also didn't help with my whiteheads either it just made my skin feel dry. I felt it made my skin worse cause it looks dry. I didn't like. I also felt like it gave me more whiteheads. This was so expensive at CVS I would buy it somewhere else like Walmart.