Philosophy Clearing the Hair

No Image

3.9

on 2/4/2005 2:02:00 PM

I bought this on a whim at Nordstrom one day. I had been wanting to try philosophy's hair line and I had heard that this was good for oily scalp. I also wanted a clarifing shampoo so I thought I would give this a try. I have no complaints, I have seen hardly any flakes since I have been using this, it cleans well and rinses out easily. The smell is pleasant and for the price you get a lot and it will last a long time. I would not recommend this as an everyday shampoo though, because I can see this drying out the hair if used all the time. Great if you use a lot of styling products. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Ugh!! I bought this shampoo to clarify my hair and to combat any greasies I may get on my scalp. Well, my hair is clarified alright... but also dry, brittle, and tangled. The formula smells awful and is extremely overpriced. It would probably be fantastic if you have very oily hair, but if you're just looking for a clarifying shampoo, this is NOT a good choice.My hair type: normal/dry; waist-length; never been dyed, but is subject to heat styling. continued >>

on 1/29/2003 4:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Though this is a good shampoo, it has no special characteristics to make it worth the relatively high price. It is totally nonirritating.

Wow. I love this shampoo! I have thick, dark, hair with oily roots and dry ends, and I am in a constant battle against the frizzies, the oilies, and the flakies. Paints a lovely picture, doesn't it? Well, I've used this product only twice and the change in my hair is amazing! My hair is a lot less oily, and at the same time the ends have calmed down considerably, even with my usual blow drying and styling! This shampoo is expensive, but considering I used to go through a tiny bottle of Neutrogena T-Gel every few weeks or so this shampoo actually costs me less for how long I'm able to use it. I'm definately getting this again!

on 12/10/2002 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is great if you have an oily scalp and a little dandruff, but, like me, you have processed hair that you don't want to dry out too much. This gets my scalp really clean without drying out my highlighted hair. It is expensive but you don't need a lot of it per use, and I just use it every third day, use other shampoos the other days. The smell isn't lovely but compared to a lot of dandruff shampoos, it's not bad.

on 7/15/2002 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I didn't notice a difference in my hair after using this. I think it is overpriced for what is does.

on 6/26/2001 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

At first I couldn't tell what this did to my hair -- however, as I use this longer, I noticed that my hair is cleaner and lighter. I guess this is because this DOES remove the residue better. Smells horrible but oh well, what can you do? :)