REVLON Posh

REVLON Posh
Posh

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I don’t know how I’ve missed this shade over the years but I recently picked it up. It’s been forever since I’ve used a Revlon polish and I have to say, I’m absolutely blown away by it. I have searched forever for a green shade that doesn’t look too drab or too Christmas-y and that looks good on my toes instead of making them look diseased lol. THIS is THE green!

Not only is it a gorgeous cream shade of green, the formula is heavenly. It’s creamy and pretty opaque in one coat. I did two though and it’s perfect. It dries shiny and even. I’ve had it on my toes for two days, without a top coat and they’re still shiny and haven’t dulled. I’m really impressed.

If you’re looking for a fun green for the spring and summer, this is the best green I’ve ever purchased! I can’t wait to do some nail art with this green on my fingernails!

I will say that this color stains your nails really badly. I learned this the hard way after applying without a base coat. I found that two layers of base coat will prevent the staining. It still managed to get through one coat of base coat, so take precaution with this shade. It took weeks for the staining to completely fade.

Perfect green for the holidays. Applies like a dream, dries pretty quickly but not TOO quickly. Glad I went with this color!

Love this.

Fun green color. Not too blue, not too yellow. Straight pure kelly / emerald green (creme ).

Very "spring."

on 3/3/2013 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

LOVE everything about this polish. Perfectly opaque and smooth in two easy coats. Formula is nice and smooth as well. No green stains after removal. Lovely classic green color.

Fantastic shade of bright summer grass green. Formula is creamy, opaque, and non-streaky. Dries relatively quickly and looks fantastic as a pop of colour on the toes. One of my favourite shades to wear during the summer.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Revlon nail enamel in Posh is a bright, true, kelly green. This is a color I had my eye on for a long time. This is one of Revlon's new, permanent shades, that started out as part of a limited edition collection, I think. I purchased my .5 fl oz bottle at Rite Aid for $2, with a $3 off coupon. Revlon nail enamels generally cost $4-5, depending on where you purchase it. Revlon products are not tested on animals and are made in the USA.
Like always with Revlon products, I have to restrain myself from going on a rant about how much I love the packaging. Posh's bottle is the same iconic, circular glass bottle that gets wider towards the bottom. The cap is made of black plastic and is firmly attached to the top of the brush. The bottom of the cap features a gold band with the Revlon logo on it. So classic. The brush is on the longer side, slightly rounded, with just the right amount of give, and no splaying of the bristles.
Revlon calls the formula of their nail enamels "smooth and chip resistant". The formula is also formaldehyde and toluene free. The consistency is just right, not too thick or thin, with no bubbling issues.
Posh is a two coater. The first coat applies in a sheer, streaky mess. It really worried me the first time I applied it, I had my eye on this for so long, and it sucked, or so I thought. The second coat makes up for it, making it near completely opaque, and perfectly smooth. There's a slight, tiny bit of visible nail line visible under bright lights. I suppose you could use a third coat, but it's not really necessary.
I adore the color of Posh. I knew that I had to have it the moment I seen it. A true green that doesn't lean yellow or blue at all. The finish of this polish is like a cream/jelly hybrid, which is kinda unique and definitely compliments the color. Posh isn't a color a lot of people would go for, at least not on the finger nails. I think most people can get away with it on their toenails though. According to Muffy Crosswire , a nail polish this shade makes your feet look 2 sizes smaller. Whether or not that's true is up for debate. Posh is a great color to wear on fingers or toes all summer long.
Each coat of Posh takes a little more than a minute to dry, which is pretty average. Posh's wear us generally good, but kinda inconsistent. I've worn Posh four times now, getting 3-4 days of flawless wear , but this weekend I've had some issues. Tip wear started almost immediately, and some of my nails peeled off in the bath. I'm not sure what I did differently this time to make it wear poorly. Generally speaking though, Posh wears pretty well, with no chipping, and only minor tip wear that starts on the third day. Pretty good by my standard.
Unlike many bright green polishes, Posh does not stain your nails yellow or green. The removal is pretty easy, as per usual with cream finishes.
I love Revlon's nail enamel in Posh. The creamy, bright, true green is unique and beautiful, perfect for the season. It was love at first sight with Posh, and I feel like it's a color I'll get a lot use from. So glad I got it, and for a good deal too. I definitely it if you love greens, or take fashion advice from cartoon characters. A quick pro tip too; this color looks great with Zoya's Ivanka layered over it. My love affair with Revlon nail enamels has been refueled by Posh, it's a color I'd happily repurchase.