Rimmel Vinyl Gloss - Be Dazzled

No Image

1 review

on 4/30/2012 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Yet another winner from the Vinyl Gloss lineup! I also own these glosses in Snog (my everyday favourite... barely darker my natural lips and just enough to make me feel more polished), Delirious (fun fuscia colour when you want a bit of a brighter "pop" of colour to your lips without being over-the-top) and Clear (super shiney and the perfect consistency... I always reach for this when I don't feel like colour on my lips, for a nice wet shine). All are fabulous. This is my most recent purchase out of the colours I own. It looks pretty red in the tube but it's a lot more subtle on the lips. It's still a reddish colour but just a sheer wash, so ends up looking reddy-pink on the lips. I reach for it when I'm going for a sort of 50's/60's look (vintage style dress with my winged eyeliner and coiffed hair) and don't quite feel like going full-on red with my lips. I love the colour, and I love these glosses.They have just enough pigment to show up and be noticeable but still sheer enough to be forgiving in application (you can quickly swipe these babies on in the passenger seat of a moving vehicle if needbe), and they're the perfect consistency in that they're neither greasy nor sticky. They wear for quite a while for a gloss and fade evenly in a non-obvious type of way... AND they're super moisturizing! What more could you ask for in a gloss? Honestly, I'd take these glosses over MAC Lipglass anyday. They're more comfortable and apply much nicer, in my opinion.
I should also add that I was at first wary of buying these glosses because most of the colours appear to have fine sparkles in them in the tube (I'm not a sparkley lip type of girl), but it isn't noticeable at all on the lips. I think it's those shimmers that create the wet "vinyl" type of shine on the lips. So, don't let that scare you away from them if that's what you're worried about!