LUSH The Smell of Weather Turning

No Image

4.8

on 2/18/2019 5:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Yeah. While not really an atmospheric scent, sharing more in common with a house spray or a cologne than the actual scent of petrichor or fresh cut grass, this has enough of those elements to be delightful. The idea of grass and moss, dirt and fresh twilight air are all here and while it also leans strongly masculine, I still feel like I can wear it, and I do. Love this one.

on 12/9/2013 6:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Love this scent. Its very unusual and smells of outdoors and rain. Grass and smoke and wet hay are definitely in there somewhere. Its not really feminine or masculine, more just a scent of fresh air and the countryside.
Maybe not something you could wear everyday to the office but its a lovely daytime perfume for the weekend. Unlike other Lush perfumes I've been really impressed with the solid version of this - the scent lasts really well.

Lush perfumes are not that expensive because they're fab quality but I really dislike the packaging :( It's bland.

on 8/29/2013 5:40:00 PM

This is an extremely strange scent... this coming from a veteran of both LUSH, BPAL and other niche scents.

The Smell of Weather Turning is one of the most interesting and volatile scents that I've gotten to experience in my life. It's not at all what I expected, but for me my first impressions were that of a smokey mint, followed by a warm hay scent. It's the drydown for me that won me over, but the full experience of scent metamorphosis is worth to experience.

As for comparisons, it's difficult to compare but I'd say the closest relatives are l'Artisan Tea of Two and LUSH Breath of God. Both start out with a sort of smokey, rubbery smell and then mellow out to something softer and sweeter.

on 4/29/2012 4:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

(review for the solid perfume) This is a very peculiar scent. By the Lush description I assumed it'd be more of a grassy scent. When I first opened and applied it, however, there was a very strong tar/smoky smell. The smell of mint came out only a little after but no grassy notes. Now that the stick has been "uncorked" for a while, you can smell the grassy and minty scents straight away. The fresher notes are more present after uncorking but when applied, fade away quicker than the smoke/tar scent. I'd describe this is a fresh, green kind of smoky/tar. It's more of a unisex scent but just like The Breath of God, you just have to try it to know if you like it. It definitely doesn't smell like a traditional perfume. This scent layers nicely with other scents so you can add more sweetness or freshness to it with other Lush solids.

Popular Fragrances