Revlon Colorsilk

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

My hair is healthy and beautiful!! This gives me body and shine!! It’s all I use!! Worth every penny. Cheap and real!!

WoW is all I can say. I got this on sale at the dollar store for $2.50. Thought...what the heck.....I had used Nice and Easy (118)for years but wanted to try something else. I have this in 43/medium Golden Brown. It gives a truely natural brown color that lasts so much better than Nice & Easy, the conditioner smells like a dream and it doesnt fade like Nice and Easy (which the Nice & Easy would start to fade and kind of look orangeish) THIS IS MY FAVORITE HAIR COLOR. Regular price is like 3 bucks! No ammonia! I just love it. I would have save a ton of money had it been using this one the past umpteen years!!!!!!!!!My hair is medium ashy brown and this just gives it a natural look...I thought it would be hinting toward red as my hair pulls red when it says "golden" but this was absolutely perfect!!!!!!!!!!!! The most natural looking hair color I have ever tried. LOVE LOVE LOVE> Will use nothing but this ever again.

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is my all time favorite drugstore hair dye. It's just as good as any brand out there like Loreal, Garnier, Clairol, etc. The best thing is how affordable it is. No need to spend over $10 on box dye if this $3 one works just as good.
I usually only dye my hair with the shade Natural Blue Black and it comes out super pretty. It's intense black with blue highlights that are visible under bright lights. The coloring process is super easy and the smell is not overly chemical like other box dyes. I don't really feel like I'm damaging my hair when I use this brand either.
The lasting power is really good granted it really depends on how often you wash your hair or go out into the sun. I have greasy hair so I have to wash my hair more than 3x a week. I'd say 2 weeks after I dye my hair the color starts to dull but it never completely fades which I love. Summer time is the exception because no matter what brand of dye I use if I'm out in the sun too much it strips the dye from my hair.
That's why I love how affordable this dye is because when it comes time to buy a new box to refresh the color you're not going to hurt your wallet. You can buy boxes and boxes of these and you'll still be good. Especially if you're someone who likes to dye their hair different colors all the time.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I get mine in Black #1, and initially I was drawn to how cheap it was. Soon I made the pleasant discovery that it is the darkest, deepest black hair dye I have found so far, even darker than what you can get in a salon. Dark, dark, dark, RICH black, never dull or flat. In direct light, it has blue and violet undertones. It sounds very dramatic, and it is, but even still, everybody thinks it's my natural color. They're surprised when they learn it isn't. Easy to apply, doesn't fade an iota. Perfect.

I use box dye because I just colour to black and I figure you can't go wrong with the colour matching the box. That and the low price are the only reasons I'm giving this colour two lippies. The colour matched fine (like I said, you can't go wrong with black) but I regret not splurging on a box dye that is less harsh and more nourishing. My hair isn't crazy dry or damaged, it was virgin before putting this on as I had been trying to grow out my natural colour since I went very short, and luckily I had a good conditioner and masque to use right afterwards. It did feel super dry right after rinsing but I think the immediate conditioning helped and I'm hoping it won't dry out over time. I don't regret giving up on growing my natural and going back to black, but this dye dried my scalp out like crazy. It's itchy as hell and a bit sore. I'd definitely not recommend this, and I'd advise spending a couple extra bucks on something like Olia or other Garnier colours. I'm currently sitting with a head soaked in olive oil in hopes it will provide me with some relief for my poor scalp.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I used to dye my hair sometimes myself before I put it back my real color and decided I wanted high lights at the hair salon..and I used a few color in the like red and honey blonde and the red was not as bright it was a little red but not much till the sun hit it and honey blonde was great and long lasting so many great compliments

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

ABSOLUTE RUBBISH.

I bought the Medium Ash Brown for my roots only (who were light brown) and it turned my hair REDDISH BROWN WITH NO GREY COVERAGE. I absolutely hate how it made my hair so red, i thought ashy colours do the opposite??? also I can still see my greys, even La Riche Directions' semi dyes covered my grey and this dye didnt.

Thankfully i didnt spend much for this trash.

I definitely DONT recommend it.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I am in my 60's and have white hair on the top and sides and gray in the back. I have been using L'Oreal Excellence Light Brown. My hair has gotten damaged and it looked too dark. I decided to try Colorsilk in Light Ash Brown. Colorsilk is not as stinky as Excellence, and takes 25 minutes to process compared to 45 with Excellence. My hair is lighter as I had hoped, and looks like the color on the box. The white and gray are completely covered. My hair is still dry, but not as bad as before I colored with Colorsilk. I wash my hair every 3 - 4 days. I like that there is no ammonia. I will update, but I will use Colorsilk again. In the meantime I will deep condition my hair to get it into better shape. As far as cost goes, I got one box of Colorsilk for $2.99 as opposed to Excellence for $7.99. Definately worth it. Also, I decided to try this product because of all of the positive reviews in my age group on MakeupAlley./// UPDATE: After about a month, my hair became very dry and the color was flat looking. Not very happy with this hair color now. I lessen the overall rating. Went back to L'Oreal excellence. See my review of that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have not been a big fan of this color, The only thing i liked about it was the price. I got the dark blonde color, and applied it as normal to a test strand and it made my hair look a really strange color, like green mud and i didnt understand why, it also made my hair really dry. The smell was extremely strong for a no ammonia product. Did not like.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I used Revlon Colorsilk Light Ash Brown #50. Overall, I'm not satisfied with this product. I achieved slightly lighter hair, but it failed to cover my grays. It left my formerly healthy hair dry, damaged and knotty.

UPDATE:
1 month later and my hair is still very dry. It tangles and knots easily. I miss my old healthy hair so much! : (

Popular Hair Color Products