Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

2.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (natural emollient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Canola Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (natural emollient), Propanediol (naturally-derived penetration enhancer), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Seed Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Sodium Hyaluronate (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (natural antioxidants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (water-binding/soothing agent), Tocopherol (pure vitamin E/antioxidant), Hydrogenated Lecithin (natural cell-communicating ingredient), Thermus Thermophillus Ferment (natural water-binding agent), Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (natural emollient), Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid (natural amino acids/water-binding agents), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Carrageenan (natural thickeners), Sodium Lactate (natural skin conditioning agent), Potassium Stearate (synthetic emulsifier), Sodium PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Glyceryl Stearate (plant-derived thickener), PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Silica (natural mineral thickener), Xanthan Gum (natural thickener), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Potassium Sorbate (natural preservatives), Sodium Benzoate (synthetic preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (synthetic solvent), Phenoxyethanol (synthetic preservative).

on 6/9/2014 9:08:00 AM

I am not having much luck with Paula's moisturisers. My combination skin really needs a lot of hydration to stop flaking (even though I still get shiny too - yay...). This moisturiser simply doesn't moisturise. It is very light, so light in fact that even when I put it on literally, my face still feels a little tight. I had exactly the same problem with the "Resist" clear skin hydrator! Two lippies for the nice ingredients, but Paula really needs to come up with richer versions of her moisturisers for those of us who need it ! I think this product would suit people with very oily skin though, so it is not all bad - just not for me.

on 3/12/2014 5:26:00 PM

I received two samples from the Paula's Choice website: this and RESIST Pure Radiance Skin Brightening Treatment I used the serum, then the moisturizer. My cheeks are dry/dehydrated and this clearly wasn't enough so when I went to put a drop of oil on my cheeks, it balled up horribly. Then my foundation balled up too, and it was so bad, I was brushing the flakes off of my face, and pulling the pieces out of my eyelashes, my eyebrows and my hair. Just awful. I don't know which one was the culprit, or if it was the combination, but I wasn't about to use either one again to find out. I also note that the samples aren't generous, so I wouldn't recommend purchasing them.

on 11/3/2013 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got this in a few samples, I wanted a day lotion for my combo skin that gets oily in the t zone, but gets flaky around my nose and other areas. What I really wanted was a silky finish, and this was the opposite. Kinda tacky, like if you press your finger against your skin it sticks a little. Not what I was expecting for a lotion for combo skin. Took a long time to absorb as well.

on 12/28/2012 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For about a month, my skin was at its best. Now, it feels just as good as a cheap drugstore moisturizer that doesn't last long. It's very thin and leaves an oily residue. This might be a better moisturizer for just nights, but for every day, twice a day, it's not the best.

For the past week, I have been testing to Earth Sourced collection (gel cleanser, toner and lotion) and I find these products to be non-irritating and did not cause acne. They are loaded with great anti-oxidants WITHOUT fragrant essential oils that are found in the majority of "green" beauty products.

The problem with using this as a daytime moisturizer is that it has no SPF. I would be interested in trying a physical SPF lotion in this line if they choose to release one.

My skin is oily, not acne prone or combo. If you have oily skin or very dry skin, this probably won't work for you. I'd say this is a nice product for those with combo/normal/slightly dry skin. This is a medium moisturizer, wonderful texture and very soothing.

The toner that is part of the set is moisturizing enough for my oily skin before I apply sunscreen, even when I used this at night without any additional PM treatments, the moisturizer still made me oily. I felt like my face was somewhat tacky feeling after using the moisturizer, and it seemed to take a while to sink into my skin.

Perhaps, I will save this for winter, when my cheeks tend to get dry. Again, this is a great option for people who want to try more natural skin care without having to deal with fragrance, but if you have oily skin, I would suggest using the toner as a light moisturizer/pre-sunscreen anti-oxidant treatment instead. I will not re-purchase this product but would recommend it to those with more normal/slightly dry skin.

Popular Moisturizers