Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

3.5

Not tested on animals

Water, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (natural emollient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Canola Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (natural emollient), Propanediol (naturally-derived penetration enhancer), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Seed Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Sodium Hyaluronate (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (natural antioxidants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (water-binding/soothing agent), Tocopherol (pure vitamin E/antioxidant), Hydrogenated Lecithin (natural cell-communicating ingredient), Thermus Thermophillus Ferment (natural water-binding agent), Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (natural emollient), Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid (natural amino acids/water-binding agents), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Carrageenan (natural thickeners), Sodium Lactate (natural skin conditioning agent), Potassium Stearate (synthetic emulsifier), Sodium PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Glyceryl Stearate (plant-derived thickener), PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Silica (natural mineral thickener), Xanthan Gum (natural thickener), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Potassium Sorbate (natural preservatives), Sodium Benzoate (synthetic preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (synthetic solvent), Phenoxyethanol (synthetic preservative).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a strange moisturizer for me. I like it, it has more good natural ingredients, is fragrance free, a little goes a long way so this could last you awhile, nice packaging. But if I'm not careful and don't let my previous products soak in COMPLETELY this will ball up on me. I've never had this happen before with a moisturizer. I feel like it does a "passable" job at moisturising but nothing my normal to dry skin is particularly impressed with. Maybe this would work better for normal to oily skin? I use this at night and it doesn't irritate my skin or anything, but I don't wake up and say WOW to my skin in the morning since adding this to my routine. So I think once I use this up I'll be looking elsewhere for a PM moisturizer that's more moisturising, skin softening, anti redness, and really gives me that "glow" that I'm looking for.
However, if you're looking for more "natural" ingredients that has science to back it up and this works for you, it's not a bad product!

on 5/22/2016 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros : Not Greasy, Goes On Smoothly, Absorbs Quickly
Cons : Irritating, Not Long-Lasting, Bad Smell
Best Uses : Daily Use

I was excited to try Earth Sourced night moisturizer because of its impressive ingredients, especially shea butter and a multitude of botanical oils which are all great for skin. I found the product to be a lovely texture--a mid-weight lotion, elegantly smooth and easy to apply to face without tugging at skin. It felt very light on skin, and soaked in fairly quickly. When first applied, my skin felt well hydrated.

On the other hand, I found the scent to be really off-putting. This product contains linseed oil, and that is what I smell very strongly. It smells like a product used for oil painting rather than a cosmetic, and it is a bit sickening for anybody who might be sensitive to smells like this. The lotion stung in my sensitive areas, especially around my nose. The hydration had fairly good longevity, mostly lasting through the night, but my skin didn't feel as refreshed as it does with PC Resist Barrier Repair.

Overall, I would not consider a full purchase of this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a sample pack with cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. Out of the three products, I found the moisturizer to be the best as it felt like it was doing something. This product made my skin feel nicely moisturized and slightly smoother to the touch. The moisturizer has a faint chemically smell on application, but it dissipates after a few seconds.

Although this has good ingredients, this is not a good moisturizer for dry or dehydrated skin. I gave it a 3 because of ingredients, packaging and it didn't break me out. It didn't irritate my overly sensitive skin, but I don't think it gave enough nourishment either. I had little dry patches EVERYWHERE. One of my worst make-up days ever.

on 2/9/2015 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love paulas choice. But this product sucks. I had a sample. Firstly when rubbing it on my face it was streaky and hard to soak in. After it dried, my face felt very dry. If I were to touch or rub my face the moisturiser would roll off in little balls. Try the other moisturizers.

on 6/10/2014 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I HAD THE SAMPLE
This moisturizer is pretty good complete with everything 'Paula' believes should be used in personal products. It does have something of a plant but chemical smell. I think the 98% natural claim seems pretty honest.

on 11/13/2013 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this lotion under make-up. It has a very light, almost fluffy texture. It does contain oils and cocoa seed butter - so get a sample first if you have very breakout-prone skin. This moisturiser is recommended for combination or oily skin. If you have drier skin it may not be heavy enough.

I have combination skin that gets dry, red and flaky in the cheek area but a bit oily in the t-zone with occasional breakouts. My skin just soaks this right up and I can apply my foundation with no problems. I do wait a few seconds for it to completely absorb and follow with my make-up. No nasty perfumes either. I tried a few samples when my skin went nuts (eczema) and became really dry, loved it, then bought the full-size tube about 2 months ago. I love how it makes my skin feel so soft and touchable, and that it soothes any irritation without causing me to breakout.

The best part for me is that it leaves no film and I can't "feel" that it's on - I had this problem with certain Neutrogena and Clinique moisturisers where the whole day went by and I could feel it on my skin, like a mask, even when I used a pea-sized drop, that stickiness remained. With this product, it's a non-issue. Bonus that it's free of menthols and essential oils which make my skin red, itchy and sting - which are in so many products.

No complaints, would repurchase when done with current tube.

on 3/26/2013 3:51:00 PM

I have repurchased this several times simply because it's got to be one of the best moisturisers I've used.Fragrance free, alcohol free,full of antioxidants and other skin beneficial ingredients.No artificial colours or dyes.Non greasy yet super moisturising .Don't be fooled by the fact it's light , this WILL moisturise.. Packed so ingredients remain stable..I use this as a night cream as it has no spf, but you could use it under sunscreen during the day.My skin feels silky soft when I wash this off in the morning.This cream is a breath of fresh air compared to some products that are full of perfume and alcohol and god knows what other irritants, and these are often from high end companies.I hope this is never discontinued.Love love love it !!

on 3/9/2013 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got this because I wanted to try something different and this one is reasonably priced and loaded with antioxidants. Being "Earth Friendly" was not my goal. I mean, I like being ecoconscious, but in terms of skincare I don't mind synthetics.

PROS: It's not greasy or thick, yet it contains a TON of oil (8 oils total, most in the top 10) and antioxidants.

CONS: Everybody has already commented on it - it's not that hydrating. It has a lot of water in it and I think that is why. I don't mean it's watery or runny, I mean that when I spread it, it doesn't have drag or thickness, it's just very "thinnable". This is the first thing I noticed about this product, it just spreads VERY easily. Paula's Choice says it is a "rich, yet surprisingly light lotion" and that's pretty accurate (rich in ingredients though, not feel). I really don't understand how it can have cocoa seed butter (ingredient 2), glycerin (3), 3 different oils (4-6), and shea butter all as the top 7 ingredients but have such a NON-feeling to it. Not heavy, not shiny finish at all, and absorbs really quickly.

OTHER: The packaging and description says "All skin types" and along with the amount of oils in it, I thought it would be ok. However, the site also mentions Normal, Oily, Combination as being better in another part, and that is more true.

OVERALL: Over time I have noticed my skin being much less hydrated (the point where my face feels tight as the product dries), so this is definitely not for drier skin (I used it for both AM and PM). This would be best for skin that already has enough moisture, those who hate any product feeling, and for use in the warmer months. It's not a horrible product in the end.

UPDATE: Weird, it's making me shiny now when i use it. Must be the high glycerin content. I never like tons of glycerin.

on 12/21/2012 10:56:00 PM

I really like this. I usually use CeraVe lotion or sometimes Paula's Resist Barrier Repair (which often isn't enough for me) so this is great. It is more moisturizing than the lotions I have been using, but this is more like a cream in a tube. It has antioxidants and also without any silicones (at least none I recognized in the ingredients). She often has this on sale, probably to maintain her stock being fresh as this is 98% natural.

Popular Moisturizers