Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

3.6

Not tested on animals

Water, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (natural emollient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Canola Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (natural emollient), Propanediol (naturally-derived penetration enhancer), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Seed Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Sodium Hyaluronate (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (natural antioxidants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (water-binding/soothing agent), Tocopherol (pure vitamin E/antioxidant), Hydrogenated Lecithin (natural cell-communicating ingredient), Thermus Thermophillus Ferment (natural water-binding agent), Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (natural emollient), Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid (natural amino acids/water-binding agents), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Carrageenan (natural thickeners), Sodium Lactate (natural skin conditioning agent), Potassium Stearate (synthetic emulsifier), Sodium PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Glyceryl Stearate (plant-derived thickener), PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Silica (natural mineral thickener), Xanthan Gum (natural thickener), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Potassium Sorbate (natural preservatives), Sodium Benzoate (synthetic preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (synthetic solvent), Phenoxyethanol (synthetic preservative).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far this is the best natural moisturizer I've ever tried! I love how light it feels, there's no thick or greasy feeling like with some night creams yet it is hydrating for my combo skin. It is packed with antioxidants. LOVE!

on 6/10/2015 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really think Paula should reformulate this product. I can use the Earth Sourced gel cleanser and toner with no irritation but this lotion burns. Granted, my skin is very sensitive and I've been using La Roche Posay Toleriane products for this reason. So I thought I'd give the lotion to someone with tougher skin. It burned her face, too. Luckily I had a bottle of Paula's Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner, which I applied after washing the Earth Sourced Moisturizer off my face. I would like the PC line to add a product similar to Kate Somerville's Eczema Therapy cream, which I really love but which retails for 48 dollars. Most of the Aveeno line features collodial oatmeal, which is extremely soothing to sensitives including those with rosacea and dermatitis. Can't recommend the Earth Sourced Moisturizer but the Earth Sourced Gel Cleanser from the same line is excellent.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I like the ingredients, and I have noticed that my tone is more even and I have a healthy glow when I use this lotion.
It has a very neutral, earthy scent, which I also like, as I'm not a big fan of perfumy products
For my oily skin, I find a little amount goes a long way. I mean a very, very little. With a small amount, my skin will not get oily and is moisturized without getting greasy.
I would say this is the perfect moisturizer for oily skin or t-zone. It would probably be too light for people with normal or dry skin.

on 5/21/2013 4:29:00 PM

I like that this moisturizer is natural, not tested on animals, and unscented. However, I live in a very dry region and I need more intense moisture than this product provides. So if you live in a very humid area and are just looking for a light moisturizer, this might be for you!

on 7/9/2012 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

While the Earth Sourced toner is my favourite product in this range, I also like the feel and results of this moisturizer : very fluid consistency, lovely glide over the skin (even better if you apply it on skin still damp from toner, ALL MOISTURIZERS SHOULD GLIDE LIKE THIS ONE), and lightweight feel on the skin (something that was unexpected as the formula seems very rich, and cocoa butter is the second ingredient).

It is very soothing on my skin (like the toner) and a little goes a long way. It has the same "dried herbs" smell as the toner, and I love it.

Due to the fluid texture, I'm sure an airless pump bottle would have worked perfectly (and a better choice to keep the full strength of this moisturizer to the last drop).

I'm not a fan of so called "natural products" (and I was not particularly looking for) but when I saw the ingredients list I though it would be something great, and it is in every aspect.

Great to complement my beloved Earth Sourced toner on the driest areas :-D

on 5/12/2012 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was suggested to me by a Paula's Choice sales staff consultant as an alternative to the Hydrating Treatment Cream which I sometimes find too rich for my average to slightly dry skin. This a light moisturizer which sinks right into my skin, so it fits my needs perfectly. That said, since it's marketed as good for all skin types, I would imagine that this is not nearly emollient enough for very dry faces, hence my 4 lippie rating. I would definitely repurchase

on 4/27/2012 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've only used this about one week, but so far I like it. I have oily skin so only use it at night, but like how my skin feels when I put it on and then in the morning. Will certainly need to use it longer to determine how it really performs, but so far, so good.