Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

2.7

Not tested on animals

Water, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (natural emollient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Canola Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (natural emollient), Propanediol (naturally-derived penetration enhancer), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Seed Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Sodium Hyaluronate (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (natural antioxidants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (water-binding/soothing agent), Tocopherol (pure vitamin E/antioxidant), Hydrogenated Lecithin (natural cell-communicating ingredient), Thermus Thermophillus Ferment (natural water-binding agent), Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (natural emollient), Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid (natural amino acids/water-binding agents), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Carrageenan (natural thickeners), Sodium Lactate (natural skin conditioning agent), Potassium Stearate (synthetic emulsifier), Sodium PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Glyceryl Stearate (plant-derived thickener), PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Silica (natural mineral thickener), Xanthan Gum (natural thickener), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Potassium Sorbate (natural preservatives), Sodium Benzoate (synthetic preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (synthetic solvent), Phenoxyethanol (synthetic preservative).

on 5/22/2016 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros : Not Greasy, Goes On Smoothly, Absorbs Quickly
Cons : Irritating, Not Long-Lasting, Bad Smell
Best Uses : Daily Use

I was excited to try Earth Sourced night moisturizer because of its impressive ingredients, especially shea butter and a multitude of botanical oils which are all great for skin. I found the product to be a lovely texture--a mid-weight lotion, elegantly smooth and easy to apply to face without tugging at skin. It felt very light on skin, and soaked in fairly quickly. When first applied, my skin felt well hydrated.

On the other hand, I found the scent to be really off-putting. This product contains linseed oil, and that is what I smell very strongly. It smells like a product used for oil painting rather than a cosmetic, and it is a bit sickening for anybody who might be sensitive to smells like this. The lotion stung in my sensitive areas, especially around my nose. The hydration had fairly good longevity, mostly lasting through the night, but my skin didn't feel as refreshed as it does with PC Resist Barrier Repair.

Overall, I would not consider a full purchase of this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I like the ingredients, and I have noticed that my tone is more even and I have a healthy glow when I use this lotion.
It has a very neutral, earthy scent, which I also like, as I'm not a big fan of perfumy products
For my oily skin, I find a little amount goes a long way. I mean a very, very little. With a small amount, my skin will not get oily and is moisturized without getting greasy.
I would say this is the perfect moisturizer for oily skin or t-zone. It would probably be too light for people with normal or dry skin.

on 4/27/2012 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This newest offering from Paula's Choice advertises itself as 98% natural. It has no animal-derived ingredients and the packaging is 100% recyclable.

It's marketed for all skin types. I found the moisturizer not moisturizing enough for my dry skin.

This new line also includes a gel cleanser and a toner.

Popular Moisturizers