Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

3.1

Not tested on animals

Water, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (natural emollient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Canola Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (natural emollient), Propanediol (naturally-derived penetration enhancer), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Seed Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Sodium Hyaluronate (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (natural antioxidants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (water-binding/soothing agent), Tocopherol (pure vitamin E/antioxidant), Hydrogenated Lecithin (natural cell-communicating ingredient), Thermus Thermophillus Ferment (natural water-binding agent), Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (natural emollient), Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid (natural amino acids/water-binding agents), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Carrageenan (natural thickeners), Sodium Lactate (natural skin conditioning agent), Potassium Stearate (synthetic emulsifier), Sodium PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Glyceryl Stearate (plant-derived thickener), PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Silica (natural mineral thickener), Xanthan Gum (natural thickener), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Potassium Sorbate (natural preservatives), Sodium Benzoate (synthetic preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (synthetic solvent), Phenoxyethanol (synthetic preservative).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far this is the best natural moisturizer I've ever tried! I love how light it feels, there's no thick or greasy feeling like with some night creams yet it is hydrating for my combo skin. It is packed with antioxidants. LOVE!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This burned my face and didn't stop burning until I washed it off, like an hour later. I tried to wait it out but it didn't stop. I bought this because it contained borage oil which my rosacea usually loves but something in this caused my skin to REACT. I cannot imagine using this on sensitive baby skin. I will be returning this.

on 2/9/2015 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love paulas choice. But this product sucks. I had a sample. Firstly when rubbing it on my face it was streaky and hard to soak in. After it dried, my face felt very dry. If I were to touch or rub my face the moisturiser would roll off in little balls. Try the other moisturizers.

on 3/12/2014 5:26:00 PM

I received two samples from the Paula's Choice website: this and RESIST Pure Radiance Skin Brightening Treatment I used the serum, then the moisturizer. My cheeks are dry/dehydrated and this clearly wasn't enough so when I went to put a drop of oil on my cheeks, it balled up horribly. Then my foundation balled up too, and it was so bad, I was brushing the flakes off of my face, and pulling the pieces out of my eyelashes, my eyebrows and my hair. Just awful. I don't know which one was the culprit, or if it was the combination, but I wasn't about to use either one again to find out. I also note that the samples aren't generous, so I wouldn't recommend purchasing them.

on 11/3/2013 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got this in a few samples, I wanted a day lotion for my combo skin that gets oily in the t zone, but gets flaky around my nose and other areas. What I really wanted was a silky finish, and this was the opposite. Kinda tacky, like if you press your finger against your skin it sticks a little. Not what I was expecting for a lotion for combo skin. Took a long time to absorb as well.

on 12/21/2012 10:56:00 PM

I really like this. I usually use CeraVe lotion or sometimes Paula's Resist Barrier Repair (which often isn't enough for me) so this is great. It is more moisturizing than the lotions I have been using, but this is more like a cream in a tube. It has antioxidants and also without any silicones (at least none I recognized in the ingredients). She often has this on sale, probably to maintain her stock being fresh as this is 98% natural.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Generally speaking my skin has never responded well to Paula's products (not sure why!)- but I have finally found one that I love. I absolutely love the texture of this moisturizer- it is rather light and silky. Its texture is somewhere between Complex 15 (which is watery) and CeraVe lotion (which is light but creamier); it also reminds me a bit of Clinique's Dramatically Different. After I smooth it on I swear my skin just drinks it right up and my skin feels and looks so hydrated and dewy. For such a light lotion, this does an even better job of making my skin feel moist and supple that some of the richest creams I've tried. I use this at night and in the morning, my skin still looks moisturized and practically glows. I haven't been this impressed by a simple, basic moisturizer in ages! Dare I replace my beloved CeraVe?? I might have to.

For the past week, I have been testing to Earth Sourced collection (gel cleanser, toner and lotion) and I find these products to be non-irritating and did not cause acne. They are loaded with great anti-oxidants WITHOUT fragrant essential oils that are found in the majority of "green" beauty products.

The problem with using this as a daytime moisturizer is that it has no SPF. I would be interested in trying a physical SPF lotion in this line if they choose to release one.

My skin is oily, not acne prone or combo. If you have oily skin or very dry skin, this probably won't work for you. I'd say this is a nice product for those with combo/normal/slightly dry skin. This is a medium moisturizer, wonderful texture and very soothing.

The toner that is part of the set is moisturizing enough for my oily skin before I apply sunscreen, even when I used this at night without any additional PM treatments, the moisturizer still made me oily. I felt like my face was somewhat tacky feeling after using the moisturizer, and it seemed to take a while to sink into my skin.

Perhaps, I will save this for winter, when my cheeks tend to get dry. Again, this is a great option for people who want to try more natural skin care without having to deal with fragrance, but if you have oily skin, I would suggest using the toner as a light moisturizer/pre-sunscreen anti-oxidant treatment instead. I will not re-purchase this product but would recommend it to those with more normal/slightly dry skin.

on 7/19/2012 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i bought the whole earth sourced system and this is in the set.
i find that it is a bit too moisturizing for my oily skin so i use it as eye moisturizer instead. it does help keep the dryness around the eyes in check and it will definitely last forever because i am only using this around the eyes.

on 5/12/2012 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was suggested to me by a Paula's Choice sales staff consultant as an alternative to the Hydrating Treatment Cream which I sometimes find too rich for my average to slightly dry skin. This a light moisturizer which sinks right into my skin, so it fits my needs perfectly. That said, since it's marketed as good for all skin types, I would imagine that this is not nearly emollient enough for very dry faces, hence my 4 lippie rating. I would definitely repurchase

Popular Moisturizers