Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

3.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (natural emollient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Canola Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (natural emollient), Propanediol (naturally-derived penetration enhancer), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Seed Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Sodium Hyaluronate (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (natural antioxidants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (water-binding/soothing agent), Tocopherol (pure vitamin E/antioxidant), Hydrogenated Lecithin (natural cell-communicating ingredient), Thermus Thermophillus Ferment (natural water-binding agent), Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (natural emollient), Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid (natural amino acids/water-binding agents), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Carrageenan (natural thickeners), Sodium Lactate (natural skin conditioning agent), Potassium Stearate (synthetic emulsifier), Sodium PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Glyceryl Stearate (plant-derived thickener), PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Silica (natural mineral thickener), Xanthan Gum (natural thickener), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Potassium Sorbate (natural preservatives), Sodium Benzoate (synthetic preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (synthetic solvent), Phenoxyethanol (synthetic preservative).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far this is the best natural moisturizer I've ever tried! I love how light it feels, there's no thick or greasy feeling like with some night creams yet it is hydrating for my combo skin. It is packed with antioxidants. LOVE!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a sample pack with cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. Out of the three products, I found the moisturizer to be the best as it felt like it was doing something. This product made my skin feel nicely moisturized and slightly smoother to the touch. The moisturizer has a faint chemically smell on application, but it dissipates after a few seconds.

on 6/30/2013 3:08:00 AM

I tried this moisturizer, and I find it very light. Probably nice when it´s really hot outside or with quite oily skin. But my skin got thirsty for a second helping after just a few minutes, even though it is not THAT dry. What I liked: The ingredients-list with so many antioxidative stuff in it! Sounds really beneficial for skin. Maybe if there comes a richer version one day, I´ll try that one.

on 12/28/2012 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For about a month, my skin was at its best. Now, it feels just as good as a cheap drugstore moisturizer that doesn't last long. It's very thin and leaves an oily residue. This might be a better moisturizer for just nights, but for every day, twice a day, it's not the best.

on 12/21/2012 10:56:00 PM

I really like this. I usually use CeraVe lotion or sometimes Paula's Resist Barrier Repair (which often isn't enough for me) so this is great. It is more moisturizing than the lotions I have been using, but this is more like a cream in a tube. It has antioxidants and also without any silicones (at least none I recognized in the ingredients). She often has this on sale, probably to maintain her stock being fresh as this is 98% natural.

For the past week, I have been testing to Earth Sourced collection (gel cleanser, toner and lotion) and I find these products to be non-irritating and did not cause acne. They are loaded with great anti-oxidants WITHOUT fragrant essential oils that are found in the majority of "green" beauty products.

The problem with using this as a daytime moisturizer is that it has no SPF. I would be interested in trying a physical SPF lotion in this line if they choose to release one.

My skin is oily, not acne prone or combo. If you have oily skin or very dry skin, this probably won't work for you. I'd say this is a nice product for those with combo/normal/slightly dry skin. This is a medium moisturizer, wonderful texture and very soothing.

The toner that is part of the set is moisturizing enough for my oily skin before I apply sunscreen, even when I used this at night without any additional PM treatments, the moisturizer still made me oily. I felt like my face was somewhat tacky feeling after using the moisturizer, and it seemed to take a while to sink into my skin.

Perhaps, I will save this for winter, when my cheeks tend to get dry. Again, this is a great option for people who want to try more natural skin care without having to deal with fragrance, but if you have oily skin, I would suggest using the toner as a light moisturizer/pre-sunscreen anti-oxidant treatment instead. I will not re-purchase this product but would recommend it to those with more normal/slightly dry skin.

First off I have to say how expensive PC is outside US & Canada. I paid 60 USD for the earth sourced 3 step line & it was already on sale! The moisturizer alone usually cost around 45 USD which is twice of the price listed on PC's official site.

I do love natural products that are colorant & fragrance free & I've been using this set for around 3 weeks & I've actually noticed an improvement with my combination-slightly sensitive skin.

The texture is rather light & creamy which I think suits my combination skin really well. Heavy cream moisturizers normally break me out & fluid moisturizers tend to leave dry patches. It does leave a mild film on the face but that doesn't bother me too much since it does leave my skin feeling more plumped & moisturized.

My main complaint has to be how small the bottle is, it will probably only last me a month or two max with daily usage, & given the prices here, its hardly economical.

I will repurchase definately if its cheaper here, but not HG enough for me to shell out 45 USD every one or two months definately. Physiogel's moisturizers seems to work for me as well & at a much lower cost.

on 5/12/2012 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was suggested to me by a Paula's Choice sales staff consultant as an alternative to the Hydrating Treatment Cream which I sometimes find too rich for my average to slightly dry skin. This a light moisturizer which sinks right into my skin, so it fits my needs perfectly. That said, since it's marketed as good for all skin types, I would imagine that this is not nearly emollient enough for very dry faces, hence my 4 lippie rating. I would definitely repurchase

on 4/27/2012 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This newest offering from Paula's Choice advertises itself as 98% natural. It has no animal-derived ingredients and the packaging is 100% recyclable.

It's marketed for all skin types. I found the moisturizer not moisturizing enough for my dry skin.

This new line also includes a gel cleanser and a toner.

Popular Moisturizers