Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

2.8

Not tested on animals

Water, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (natural emollient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Canola Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (natural emollient), Propanediol (naturally-derived penetration enhancer), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Seed Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Sodium Hyaluronate (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (natural antioxidants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (water-binding/soothing agent), Tocopherol (pure vitamin E/antioxidant), Hydrogenated Lecithin (natural cell-communicating ingredient), Thermus Thermophillus Ferment (natural water-binding agent), Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (natural emollient), Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid (natural amino acids/water-binding agents), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Carrageenan (natural thickeners), Sodium Lactate (natural skin conditioning agent), Potassium Stearate (synthetic emulsifier), Sodium PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Glyceryl Stearate (plant-derived thickener), PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Silica (natural mineral thickener), Xanthan Gum (natural thickener), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Potassium Sorbate (natural preservatives), Sodium Benzoate (synthetic preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (synthetic solvent), Phenoxyethanol (synthetic preservative).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

So far this is the best natural moisturizer I've ever tried! I love how light it feels, there's no thick or greasy feeling like with some night creams yet it is hydrating for my combo skin. It is packed with antioxidants. LOVE!

on 6/10/2015 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really think Paula should reformulate this product. I can use the Earth Sourced gel cleanser and toner with no irritation but this lotion burns. Granted, my skin is very sensitive and I've been using La Roche Posay Toleriane products for this reason. So I thought I'd give the lotion to someone with tougher skin. It burned her face, too. Luckily I had a bottle of Paula's Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner, which I applied after washing the Earth Sourced Moisturizer off my face. I would like the PC line to add a product similar to Kate Somerville's Eczema Therapy cream, which I really love but which retails for 48 dollars. Most of the Aveeno line features collodial oatmeal, which is extremely soothing to sensitives including those with rosacea and dermatitis. Can't recommend the Earth Sourced Moisturizer but the Earth Sourced Gel Cleanser from the same line is excellent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This burned my face and didn't stop burning until I washed it off, like an hour later. I tried to wait it out but it didn't stop. I bought this because it contained borage oil which my rosacea usually loves but something in this caused my skin to REACT. I cannot imagine using this on sensitive baby skin. I will be returning this.

on 12/28/2012 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For about a month, my skin was at its best. Now, it feels just as good as a cheap drugstore moisturizer that doesn't last long. It's very thin and leaves an oily residue. This might be a better moisturizer for just nights, but for every day, twice a day, it's not the best.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Generally speaking my skin has never responded well to Paula's products (not sure why!)- but I have finally found one that I love. I absolutely love the texture of this moisturizer- it is rather light and silky. Its texture is somewhere between Complex 15 (which is watery) and CeraVe lotion (which is light but creamier); it also reminds me a bit of Clinique's Dramatically Different. After I smooth it on I swear my skin just drinks it right up and my skin feels and looks so hydrated and dewy. For such a light lotion, this does an even better job of making my skin feel moist and supple that some of the richest creams I've tried. I use this at night and in the morning, my skin still looks moisturized and practically glows. I haven't been this impressed by a simple, basic moisturizer in ages! Dare I replace my beloved CeraVe?? I might have to.

Popular Moisturizers