Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

3.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (natural emollient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Canola Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (natural emollient), Propanediol (naturally-derived penetration enhancer), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Seed Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Sodium Hyaluronate (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (natural antioxidants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (water-binding/soothing agent), Tocopherol (pure vitamin E/antioxidant), Hydrogenated Lecithin (natural cell-communicating ingredient), Thermus Thermophillus Ferment (natural water-binding agent), Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (natural emollient), Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid (natural amino acids/water-binding agents), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Carrageenan (natural thickeners), Sodium Lactate (natural skin conditioning agent), Potassium Stearate (synthetic emulsifier), Sodium PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Glyceryl Stearate (plant-derived thickener), PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Silica (natural mineral thickener), Xanthan Gum (natural thickener), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Potassium Sorbate (natural preservatives), Sodium Benzoate (synthetic preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (synthetic solvent), Phenoxyethanol (synthetic preservative).

I love this moisturizer! It looks like many of the bad reviews are from people with dry skin. I completely agree that this is not the moisturizer for them, although Paula's Choice does have quite a few marketed towards that skin type. As someone with oily/combination skin, this is perfect. It provides all the hydration my skin needs and does not trigger breakouts or irritation (which is rare because my skin is absurdly sensitive). I'm on my second tube of this and like it so much that I just ordered the Earth Sourced cleanser and toner, too.

on 11/13/2013 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this lotion under make-up. It has a very light, almost fluffy texture. It does contain oils and cocoa seed butter - so get a sample first if you have very breakout-prone skin. This moisturiser is recommended for combination or oily skin. If you have drier skin it may not be heavy enough.

I have combination skin that gets dry, red and flaky in the cheek area but a bit oily in the t-zone with occasional breakouts. My skin just soaks this right up and I can apply my foundation with no problems. I do wait a few seconds for it to completely absorb and follow with my make-up. No nasty perfumes either. I tried a few samples when my skin went nuts (eczema) and became really dry, loved it, then bought the full-size tube about 2 months ago. I love how it makes my skin feel so soft and touchable, and that it soothes any irritation without causing me to breakout.

The best part for me is that it leaves no film and I can't "feel" that it's on - I had this problem with certain Neutrogena and Clinique moisturisers where the whole day went by and I could feel it on my skin, like a mask, even when I used a pea-sized drop, that stickiness remained. With this product, it's a non-issue. Bonus that it's free of menthols and essential oils which make my skin red, itchy and sting - which are in so many products.

No complaints, would repurchase when done with current tube.

on 3/26/2013 3:51:00 PM

I have repurchased this several times simply because it's got to be one of the best moisturisers I've used.Fragrance free, alcohol free,full of antioxidants and other skin beneficial ingredients.No artificial colours or dyes.Non greasy yet super moisturising .Don't be fooled by the fact it's light , this WILL moisturise.. Packed so ingredients remain stable..I use this as a night cream as it has no spf, but you could use it under sunscreen during the day.My skin feels silky soft when I wash this off in the morning.This cream is a breath of fresh air compared to some products that are full of perfume and alcohol and god knows what other irritants, and these are often from high end companies.I hope this is never discontinued.Love love love it !!

on 12/21/2012 10:56:00 PM

I really like this. I usually use CeraVe lotion or sometimes Paula's Resist Barrier Repair (which often isn't enough for me) so this is great. It is more moisturizing than the lotions I have been using, but this is more like a cream in a tube. It has antioxidants and also without any silicones (at least none I recognized in the ingredients). She often has this on sale, probably to maintain her stock being fresh as this is 98% natural.

First off I have to say how expensive PC is outside US & Canada. I paid 60 USD for the earth sourced 3 step line & it was already on sale! The moisturizer alone usually cost around 45 USD which is twice of the price listed on PC's official site.

I do love natural products that are colorant & fragrance free & I've been using this set for around 3 weeks & I've actually noticed an improvement with my combination-slightly sensitive skin.

The texture is rather light & creamy which I think suits my combination skin really well. Heavy cream moisturizers normally break me out & fluid moisturizers tend to leave dry patches. It does leave a mild film on the face but that doesn't bother me too much since it does leave my skin feeling more plumped & moisturized.

My main complaint has to be how small the bottle is, it will probably only last me a month or two max with daily usage, & given the prices here, its hardly economical.

I will repurchase definately if its cheaper here, but not HG enough for me to shell out 45 USD every one or two months definately. Physiogel's moisturizers seems to work for me as well & at a much lower cost.

on 5/22/2016 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros : Not Greasy, Goes On Smoothly, Absorbs Quickly
Cons : Irritating, Not Long-Lasting, Bad Smell
Best Uses : Daily Use

I was excited to try Earth Sourced night moisturizer because of its impressive ingredients, especially shea butter and a multitude of botanical oils which are all great for skin. I found the product to be a lovely texture--a mid-weight lotion, elegantly smooth and easy to apply to face without tugging at skin. It felt very light on skin, and soaked in fairly quickly. When first applied, my skin felt well hydrated.

On the other hand, I found the scent to be really off-putting. This product contains linseed oil, and that is what I smell very strongly. It smells like a product used for oil painting rather than a cosmetic, and it is a bit sickening for anybody who might be sensitive to smells like this. The lotion stung in my sensitive areas, especially around my nose. The hydration had fairly good longevity, mostly lasting through the night, but my skin didn't feel as refreshed as it does with PC Resist Barrier Repair.

Overall, I would not consider a full purchase of this product.

Although this has good ingredients, this is not a good moisturizer for dry or dehydrated skin. I gave it a 3 because of ingredients, packaging and it didn't break me out. It didn't irritate my overly sensitive skin, but I don't think it gave enough nourishment either. I had little dry patches EVERYWHERE. One of my worst make-up days ever.

on 6/30/2013 3:08:00 AM

I tried this moisturizer, and I find it very light. Probably nice when it´s really hot outside or with quite oily skin. But my skin got thirsty for a second helping after just a few minutes, even though it is not THAT dry. What I liked: The ingredients-list with so many antioxidative stuff in it! Sounds really beneficial for skin. Maybe if there comes a richer version one day, I´ll try that one.

on 5/21/2013 4:29:00 PM

I like that this moisturizer is natural, not tested on animals, and unscented. However, I live in a very dry region and I need more intense moisture than this product provides. So if you live in a very humid area and are just looking for a light moisturizer, this might be for you!

on 10/9/2012 8:10:00 PM

The ingredients are great, and it's a good lightweight moisturizer, but I just don't like the way this smells.