Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

Filtered by skin type : Other
Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

3.7

Not tested on animals

Water, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (natural emollient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Canola Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (natural emollient), Propanediol (naturally-derived penetration enhancer), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Seed Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Sodium Hyaluronate (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (natural antioxidants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (water-binding/soothing agent), Tocopherol (pure vitamin E/antioxidant), Hydrogenated Lecithin (natural cell-communicating ingredient), Thermus Thermophillus Ferment (natural water-binding agent), Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (natural emollient), Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid (natural amino acids/water-binding agents), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Carrageenan (natural thickeners), Sodium Lactate (natural skin conditioning agent), Potassium Stearate (synthetic emulsifier), Sodium PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Glyceryl Stearate (plant-derived thickener), PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Silica (natural mineral thickener), Xanthan Gum (natural thickener), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Potassium Sorbate (natural preservatives), Sodium Benzoate (synthetic preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (synthetic solvent), Phenoxyethanol (synthetic preservative).

It is very light but satisfying. I use it as my secondary moisturizer. It could also be regarded as overnight mask for some reason, if you ask me. It contains lots of natural ingredient. Love this product line. The bottom line is "feel-good moisturizer, but not the main moisturizer because it is not concentrated enough"

on 10/1/2014 6:22:00 PM

Everyday staple. I think that it could use Hylauronic Acid.

on 3/9/2013 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got this because I wanted to try something different and this one is reasonably priced and loaded with antioxidants. Being "Earth Friendly" was not my goal. I mean, I like being ecoconscious, but in terms of skincare I don't mind synthetics.

PROS: It's not greasy or thick, yet it contains a TON of oil (8 oils total, most in the top 10) and antioxidants.

CONS: Everybody has already commented on it - it's not that hydrating. It has a lot of water in it and I think that is why. I don't mean it's watery or runny, I mean that when I spread it, it doesn't have drag or thickness, it's just very "thinnable". This is the first thing I noticed about this product, it just spreads VERY easily. Paula's Choice says it is a "rich, yet surprisingly light lotion" and that's pretty accurate (rich in ingredients though, not feel). I really don't understand how it can have cocoa seed butter (ingredient 2), glycerin (3), 3 different oils (4-6), and shea butter all as the top 7 ingredients but have such a NON-feeling to it. Not heavy, not shiny finish at all, and absorbs really quickly.

OTHER: The packaging and description says "All skin types" and along with the amount of oils in it, I thought it would be ok. However, the site also mentions Normal, Oily, Combination as being better in another part, and that is more true.

OVERALL: Over time I have noticed my skin being much less hydrated (the point where my face feels tight as the product dries), so this is definitely not for drier skin (I used it for both AM and PM). This would be best for skin that already has enough moisture, those who hate any product feeling, and for use in the warmer months. It's not a horrible product in the end.

UPDATE: Weird, it's making me shiny now when i use it. Must be the high glycerin content. I never like tons of glycerin.

Popular Moisturizers