Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

2.9

Not tested on animals

Water, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (natural emollient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Canola Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (natural emollient), Propanediol (naturally-derived penetration enhancer), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Seed Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Sodium Hyaluronate (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (natural antioxidants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (water-binding/soothing agent), Tocopherol (pure vitamin E/antioxidant), Hydrogenated Lecithin (natural cell-communicating ingredient), Thermus Thermophillus Ferment (natural water-binding agent), Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (natural emollient), Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid (natural amino acids/water-binding agents), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Carrageenan (natural thickeners), Sodium Lactate (natural skin conditioning agent), Potassium Stearate (synthetic emulsifier), Sodium PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Glyceryl Stearate (plant-derived thickener), PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Silica (natural mineral thickener), Xanthan Gum (natural thickener), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Potassium Sorbate (natural preservatives), Sodium Benzoate (synthetic preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (synthetic solvent), Phenoxyethanol (synthetic preservative).

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Generally speaking my skin has never responded well to Paula's products (not sure why!)- but I have finally found one that I love. I absolutely love the texture of this moisturizer- it is rather light and silky. Its texture is somewhere between Complex 15 (which is watery) and CeraVe lotion (which is light but creamier); it also reminds me a bit of Clinique's Dramatically Different. After I smooth it on I swear my skin just drinks it right up and my skin feels and looks so hydrated and dewy. For such a light lotion, this does an even better job of making my skin feel moist and supple that some of the richest creams I've tried. I use this at night and in the morning, my skin still looks moisturized and practically glows. I haven't been this impressed by a simple, basic moisturizer in ages! Dare I replace my beloved CeraVe?? I might have to.

on 4/27/2012 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've only used this about one week, but so far I like it. I have oily skin so only use it at night, but like how my skin feels when I put it on and then in the morning. Will certainly need to use it longer to determine how it really performs, but so far, so good.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a strange moisturizer for me. I like it, it has more good natural ingredients, is fragrance free, a little goes a long way so this could last you awhile, nice packaging. But if I'm not careful and don't let my previous products soak in COMPLETELY this will ball up on me. I've never had this happen before with a moisturizer. I feel like it does a "passable" job at moisturising but nothing my normal to dry skin is particularly impressed with. Maybe this would work better for normal to oily skin? I use this at night and it doesn't irritate my skin or anything, but I don't wake up and say WOW to my skin in the morning since adding this to my routine. So I think once I use this up I'll be looking elsewhere for a PM moisturizer that's more moisturising, skin softening, anti redness, and really gives me that "glow" that I'm looking for.
However, if you're looking for more "natural" ingredients that has science to back it up and this works for you, it's not a bad product!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I like the ingredients, and I have noticed that my tone is more even and I have a healthy glow when I use this lotion.
It has a very neutral, earthy scent, which I also like, as I'm not a big fan of perfumy products
For my oily skin, I find a little amount goes a long way. I mean a very, very little. With a small amount, my skin will not get oily and is moisturized without getting greasy.
I would say this is the perfect moisturizer for oily skin or t-zone. It would probably be too light for people with normal or dry skin.

on 6/10/2014 2:47:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I HAD THE SAMPLE
This moisturizer is pretty good complete with everything 'Paula' believes should be used in personal products. It does have something of a plant but chemical smell. I think the 98% natural claim seems pretty honest.

on 7/9/2012 4:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

While the Earth Sourced toner is my favourite product in this range, I also like the feel and results of this moisturizer : very fluid consistency, lovely glide over the skin (even better if you apply it on skin still damp from toner, ALL MOISTURIZERS SHOULD GLIDE LIKE THIS ONE), and lightweight feel on the skin (something that was unexpected as the formula seems very rich, and cocoa butter is the second ingredient).

It is very soothing on my skin (like the toner) and a little goes a long way. It has the same "dried herbs" smell as the toner, and I love it.

Due to the fluid texture, I'm sure an airless pump bottle would have worked perfectly (and a better choice to keep the full strength of this moisturizer to the last drop).

I'm not a fan of so called "natural products" (and I was not particularly looking for) but when I saw the ingredients list I though it would be something great, and it is in every aspect.

Great to complement my beloved Earth Sourced toner on the driest areas :-D

on 9/15/2018 9:12:00 AM

I've been using this moisturizer for about 3 months now, both morning and night. Using it through the summer months was a little strange, as I found this moisturizer felt light weight when applying, but it quickly made my combination, acne prone adult skin look oily by midday. The texture was watery feeling, but seemed to sit on top of my skin instead of being absorbed.

However, as a PRO, I would say that this moisturizer did NOT seem to add to my breakouts. I'm 31, but hormonal acne is still a major concern for me. It's nice knowing that this moisturizer didn't make matters worse.

I don't mind this moisturizer but I definitely don't love it.

Although this has good ingredients, this is not a good moisturizer for dry or dehydrated skin. I gave it a 3 because of ingredients, packaging and it didn't break me out. It didn't irritate my overly sensitive skin, but I don't think it gave enough nourishment either. I had little dry patches EVERYWHERE. One of my worst make-up days ever.

on 5/21/2013 4:29:00 PM

I like that this moisturizer is natural, not tested on animals, and unscented. However, I live in a very dry region and I need more intense moisture than this product provides. So if you live in a very humid area and are just looking for a light moisturizer, this might be for you!

on 10/9/2012 8:10:00 PM

The ingredients are great, and it's a good lightweight moisturizer, but I just don't like the way this smells.