3.3

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

I've been using this moisturizer for about 3 months now, both morning and night. Using it through the summer months was a little strange, as I found this moisturizer felt light weight when applying, but it quickly made my combination, acne prone adult skin look oily by midday. The texture was watery feeling, but seemed to sit on top of my skin instead of being absorbed. However, as a PRO, I would say that this moisturizer did NOT seem to add to my breakouts. I'm 31, but hormonal acne is still a major concern for me. It's nice knowing that this moisturizer didn't make matters worse. I don't mind this moisturizer but I definitely don't love it.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGray

3 years ago

It is very light but satisfying. I use it as my secondary moisturizer. It could also be regarded as overnight mask for some reason, if you ask me. It contains lots of natural ingredient. Love this product line. The bottom line is "feel-good moisturizer, but not the main moisturizer because it is not concentrated enough"

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

This is a strange moisturizer for me. I like it, it has more good natural ingredients, is fragrance free, a little goes a long way so this could last you awhile, nice packaging. But if I'm not careful and don't let my previous products soak in COMPLETELY this will ball up on me. I've never had this happen before with a moisturizer. I feel like it does a "passable" job at moisturising but nothing my normal to dry skin is particularly impressed with. Maybe this would work better for normal to oily skin? I use this at night and it doesn't irritate my skin or anything, but I don't wake up and say WOW to my skin in the morning since adding this to my routine. So I think once I use this up I'll be looking elsewhere for a PM moisturizer that's more moisturising, skin softening, anti redness, and really gives me that "glow" that I'm looking for. However, if you're looking for more "natural" ingredients that has science to back it up and this works for you, it's not a bad product!

About reviewer (11 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

from

4 years ago

Pros : Not Greasy, Goes On Smoothly, Absorbs Quickly Cons : Irritating, Not Long-Lasting, Bad Smell Best Uses : Daily Use I was excited to try Earth Sourced night moisturizer because of its impressive ingredients, especially shea butter and a multitude of botanical oils which are all great for skin. I found the product to be a lovely texture--a mid-weight lotion, elegantly smooth and easy to apply to face without tugging at skin. It felt very light on skin, and soaked in fairly quickly. When first applied, my skin felt well hydrated. On the other hand, I found the scent to be really off-putting. This product contains linseed oil, and that is what I smell very strongly. It smells like a product used for oil painting rather than a cosmetic, and it is a bit sickening for anybody who might be sensitive to smells like this. The lotion stung in my sensitive areas, especially around my nose. The hydration had fairly good longevity, mostly lasting through the night, but my skin didn't feel as refreshed as it does with PC Resist Barrier Repair. Overall, I would not consider a full purchase of this product.

About reviewer (155 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Olive, Neutral

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

4 years ago

So far this is the best natural moisturizer I've ever tried! I love how light it feels, there's no thick or greasy feeling like with some night creams yet it is hydrating for my combo skin. It is packed with antioxidants. LOVE!

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlue

4 years ago

I got a sample pack with cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. Out of the three products, I found the moisturizer to be the best as it felt like it was doing something. This product made my skin feel nicely moisturized and slightly smoother to the touch. The moisturizer has a faint chemically smell on application, but it dissipates after a few seconds.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Coarse

1.0

5 years ago

I really think Paula should reformulate this product. I can use the Earth Sourced gel cleanser and toner with no irritation but this lotion burns. Granted, my skin is very sensitive and I've been using La Roche Posay Toleriane products for this reason. So I thought I'd give the lotion to someone with tougher skin. It burned her face, too. Luckily I had a bottle of Paula's Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner, which I applied after washing the Earth Sourced Moisturizer off my face. I would like the PC line to add a product similar to Kate Somerville's Eczema Therapy cream, which I really love but which retails for 48 dollars. Most of the Aveeno line features collodial oatmeal, which is extremely soothing to sensitives including those with rosacea and dermatitis. Can't recommend the Earth Sourced Moisturizer but the Earth Sourced Gel Cleanser from the same line is excellent.

About reviewer (827 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

1.0

5 years ago

This burned my face and didn't stop burning until I washed it off, like an hour later. I tried to wait it out but it didn't stop. I bought this because it contained borage oil which my rosacea usually loves but something in this caused my skin to REACT. I cannot imagine using this on sensitive baby skin. I will be returning this.

About reviewer (1597 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

5 years ago

I love this moisturizer! It looks like many of the bad reviews are from people with dry skin. I completely agree that this is not the moisturizer for them, although Paula's Choice does have quite a few marketed towards that skin type. As someone with oily/combination skin, this is perfect. It provides all the hydration my skin needs and does not trigger breakouts or irritation (which is rare because my skin is absurdly sensitive). I'm on my second tube of this and like it so much that I just ordered the Earth Sourced cleanser and toner, too.

About reviewer (3 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

5 years ago

Although this has good ingredients, this is not a good moisturizer for dry or dehydrated skin. I gave it a 3 because of ingredients, packaging and it didn't break me out. It didn't irritate my overly sensitive skin, but I don't think it gave enough nourishment either. I had little dry patches EVERYWHERE. One of my worst make-up days ever.

About reviewer (91 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral