Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

3.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (natural emollient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Canola Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (natural emollient), Propanediol (naturally-derived penetration enhancer), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Seed Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Sodium Hyaluronate (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (natural antioxidants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (water-binding/soothing agent), Tocopherol (pure vitamin E/antioxidant), Hydrogenated Lecithin (natural cell-communicating ingredient), Thermus Thermophillus Ferment (natural water-binding agent), Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (natural emollient), Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid (natural amino acids/water-binding agents), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Carrageenan (natural thickeners), Sodium Lactate (natural skin conditioning agent), Potassium Stearate (synthetic emulsifier), Sodium PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Glyceryl Stearate (plant-derived thickener), PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Silica (natural mineral thickener), Xanthan Gum (natural thickener), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Potassium Sorbate (natural preservatives), Sodium Benzoate (synthetic preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (synthetic solvent), Phenoxyethanol (synthetic preservative).

I love this moisturizer! It looks like many of the bad reviews are from people with dry skin. I completely agree that this is not the moisturizer for them, although Paula's Choice does have quite a few marketed towards that skin type. As someone with oily/combination skin, this is perfect. It provides all the hydration my skin needs and does not trigger breakouts or irritation (which is rare because my skin is absurdly sensitive). I'm on my second tube of this and like it so much that I just ordered the Earth Sourced cleanser and toner, too.

on 10/1/2014 6:22:00 PM

Everyday staple. I think that it could use Hylauronic Acid.

on 11/13/2013 1:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Love this lotion under make-up. It has a very light, almost fluffy texture. It does contain oils and cocoa seed butter - so get a sample first if you have very breakout-prone skin. This moisturiser is recommended for combination or oily skin. If you have drier skin it may not be heavy enough.

I have combination skin that gets dry, red and flaky in the cheek area but a bit oily in the t-zone with occasional breakouts. My skin just soaks this right up and I can apply my foundation with no problems. I do wait a few seconds for it to completely absorb and follow with my make-up. No nasty perfumes either. I tried a few samples when my skin went nuts (eczema) and became really dry, loved it, then bought the full-size tube about 2 months ago. I love how it makes my skin feel so soft and touchable, and that it soothes any irritation without causing me to breakout.

The best part for me is that it leaves no film and I can't "feel" that it's on - I had this problem with certain Neutrogena and Clinique moisturisers where the whole day went by and I could feel it on my skin, like a mask, even when I used a pea-sized drop, that stickiness remained. With this product, it's a non-issue. Bonus that it's free of menthols and essential oils which make my skin red, itchy and sting - which are in so many products.

No complaints, would repurchase when done with current tube.

on 3/26/2013 3:51:00 PM

I have repurchased this several times simply because it's got to be one of the best moisturisers I've used.Fragrance free, alcohol free,full of antioxidants and other skin beneficial ingredients.No artificial colours or dyes.Non greasy yet super moisturising .Don't be fooled by the fact it's light , this WILL moisturise.. Packed so ingredients remain stable..I use this as a night cream as it has no spf, but you could use it under sunscreen during the day.My skin feels silky soft when I wash this off in the morning.This cream is a breath of fresh air compared to some products that are full of perfume and alcohol and god knows what other irritants, and these are often from high end companies.I hope this is never discontinued.Love love love it !!

on 12/21/2012 10:56:00 PM

I really like this. I usually use CeraVe lotion or sometimes Paula's Resist Barrier Repair (which often isn't enough for me) so this is great. It is more moisturizing than the lotions I have been using, but this is more like a cream in a tube. It has antioxidants and also without any silicones (at least none I recognized in the ingredients). She often has this on sale, probably to maintain her stock being fresh as this is 98% natural.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Generally speaking my skin has never responded well to Paula's products (not sure why!)- but I have finally found one that I love. I absolutely love the texture of this moisturizer- it is rather light and silky. Its texture is somewhere between Complex 15 (which is watery) and CeraVe lotion (which is light but creamier); it also reminds me a bit of Clinique's Dramatically Different. After I smooth it on I swear my skin just drinks it right up and my skin feels and looks so hydrated and dewy. For such a light lotion, this does an even better job of making my skin feel moist and supple that some of the richest creams I've tried. I use this at night and in the morning, my skin still looks moisturized and practically glows. I haven't been this impressed by a simple, basic moisturizer in ages! Dare I replace my beloved CeraVe?? I might have to.

on 7/19/2012 8:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

i bought the whole earth sourced system and this is in the set.
i find that it is a bit too moisturizing for my oily skin so i use it as eye moisturizer instead. it does help keep the dryness around the eyes in check and it will definitely last forever because i am only using this around the eyes.

on 4/27/2012 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I've only used this about one week, but so far I like it. I have oily skin so only use it at night, but like how my skin feels when I put it on and then in the morning. Will certainly need to use it longer to determine how it really performs, but so far, so good.

It is very light but satisfying. I use it as my secondary moisturizer. It could also be regarded as overnight mask for some reason, if you ask me. It contains lots of natural ingredient. Love this product line. The bottom line is "feel-good moisturizer, but not the main moisturizer because it is not concentrated enough"

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a strange moisturizer for me. I like it, it has more good natural ingredients, is fragrance free, a little goes a long way so this could last you awhile, nice packaging. But if I'm not careful and don't let my previous products soak in COMPLETELY this will ball up on me. I've never had this happen before with a moisturizer. I feel like it does a "passable" job at moisturising but nothing my normal to dry skin is particularly impressed with. Maybe this would work better for normal to oily skin? I use this at night and it doesn't irritate my skin or anything, but I don't wake up and say WOW to my skin in the morning since adding this to my routine. So I think once I use this up I'll be looking elsewhere for a PM moisturizer that's more moisturising, skin softening, anti redness, and really gives me that "glow" that I'm looking for.
However, if you're looking for more "natural" ingredients that has science to back it up and this works for you, it's not a bad product!

Popular Moisturizers