Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

3.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (natural emollient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Canola Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (natural emollient), Propanediol (naturally-derived penetration enhancer), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Seed Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Sodium Hyaluronate (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (natural antioxidants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (water-binding/soothing agent), Tocopherol (pure vitamin E/antioxidant), Hydrogenated Lecithin (natural cell-communicating ingredient), Thermus Thermophillus Ferment (natural water-binding agent), Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (natural emollient), Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid (natural amino acids/water-binding agents), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Carrageenan (natural thickeners), Sodium Lactate (natural skin conditioning agent), Potassium Stearate (synthetic emulsifier), Sodium PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Glyceryl Stearate (plant-derived thickener), PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Silica (natural mineral thickener), Xanthan Gum (natural thickener), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Potassium Sorbate (natural preservatives), Sodium Benzoate (synthetic preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (synthetic solvent), Phenoxyethanol (synthetic preservative).

on 6/10/2015 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really think Paula should reformulate this product. I can use the Earth Sourced gel cleanser and toner with no irritation but this lotion burns. Granted, my skin is very sensitive and I've been using La Roche Posay Toleriane products for this reason. So I thought I'd give the lotion to someone with tougher skin. It burned her face, too. Luckily I had a bottle of Paula's Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner, which I applied after washing the Earth Sourced Moisturizer off my face. I would like the PC line to add a product similar to Kate Somerville's Eczema Therapy cream, which I really love but which retails for 48 dollars. Most of the Aveeno line features collodial oatmeal, which is extremely soothing to sensitives including those with rosacea and dermatitis. Can't recommend the Earth Sourced Moisturizer but the Earth Sourced Gel Cleanser from the same line is excellent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This burned my face and didn't stop burning until I washed it off, like an hour later. I tried to wait it out but it didn't stop. I bought this because it contained borage oil which my rosacea usually loves but something in this caused my skin to REACT. I cannot imagine using this on sensitive baby skin. I will be returning this.

on 2/9/2015 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love paulas choice. But this product sucks. I had a sample. Firstly when rubbing it on my face it was streaky and hard to soak in. After it dried, my face felt very dry. If I were to touch or rub my face the moisturiser would roll off in little balls. Try the other moisturizers.

on 3/12/2014 5:26:00 PM

I received two samples from the Paula's Choice website: this and RESIST Pure Radiance Skin Brightening Treatment I used the serum, then the moisturizer. My cheeks are dry/dehydrated and this clearly wasn't enough so when I went to put a drop of oil on my cheeks, it balled up horribly. Then my foundation balled up too, and it was so bad, I was brushing the flakes off of my face, and pulling the pieces out of my eyelashes, my eyebrows and my hair. Just awful. I don't know which one was the culprit, or if it was the combination, but I wasn't about to use either one again to find out. I also note that the samples aren't generous, so I wouldn't recommend purchasing them.

on 4/27/2012 6:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This newest offering from Paula's Choice advertises itself as 98% natural. It has no animal-derived ingredients and the packaging is 100% recyclable.

It's marketed for all skin types. I found the moisturizer not moisturizing enough for my dry skin.

This new line also includes a gel cleanser and a toner.

on 6/9/2014 9:08:00 AM

I am not having much luck with Paula's moisturisers. My combination skin really needs a lot of hydration to stop flaking (even though I still get shiny too - yay...). This moisturiser simply doesn't moisturise. It is very light, so light in fact that even when I put it on literally, my face still feels a little tight. I had exactly the same problem with the "Resist" clear skin hydrator! Two lippies for the nice ingredients, but Paula really needs to come up with richer versions of her moisturisers for those of us who need it ! I think this product would suit people with very oily skin though, so it is not all bad - just not for me.

on 11/3/2013 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got this in a few samples, I wanted a day lotion for my combo skin that gets oily in the t zone, but gets flaky around my nose and other areas. What I really wanted was a silky finish, and this was the opposite. Kinda tacky, like if you press your finger against your skin it sticks a little. Not what I was expecting for a lotion for combo skin. Took a long time to absorb as well.

on 3/9/2013 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got this because I wanted to try something different and this one is reasonably priced and loaded with antioxidants. Being "Earth Friendly" was not my goal. I mean, I like being ecoconscious, but in terms of skincare I don't mind synthetics.

PROS: It's not greasy or thick, yet it contains a TON of oil (8 oils total, most in the top 10) and antioxidants.

CONS: Everybody has already commented on it - it's not that hydrating. It has a lot of water in it and I think that is why. I don't mean it's watery or runny, I mean that when I spread it, it doesn't have drag or thickness, it's just very "thinnable". This is the first thing I noticed about this product, it just spreads VERY easily. Paula's Choice says it is a "rich, yet surprisingly light lotion" and that's pretty accurate (rich in ingredients though, not feel). I really don't understand how it can have cocoa seed butter (ingredient 2), glycerin (3), 3 different oils (4-6), and shea butter all as the top 7 ingredients but have such a NON-feeling to it. Not heavy, not shiny finish at all, and absorbs really quickly.

OTHER: The packaging and description says "All skin types" and along with the amount of oils in it, I thought it would be ok. However, the site also mentions Normal, Oily, Combination as being better in another part, and that is more true.

OVERALL: Over time I have noticed my skin being much less hydrated (the point where my face feels tight as the product dries), so this is definitely not for drier skin (I used it for both AM and PM). This would be best for skin that already has enough moisture, those who hate any product feeling, and for use in the warmer months. It's not a horrible product in the end.

UPDATE: Weird, it's making me shiny now when i use it. Must be the high glycerin content. I never like tons of glycerin.

on 5/22/2016 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros : Not Greasy, Goes On Smoothly, Absorbs Quickly
Cons : Irritating, Not Long-Lasting, Bad Smell
Best Uses : Daily Use

I was excited to try Earth Sourced night moisturizer because of its impressive ingredients, especially shea butter and a multitude of botanical oils which are all great for skin. I found the product to be a lovely texture--a mid-weight lotion, elegantly smooth and easy to apply to face without tugging at skin. It felt very light on skin, and soaked in fairly quickly. When first applied, my skin felt well hydrated.

On the other hand, I found the scent to be really off-putting. This product contains linseed oil, and that is what I smell very strongly. It smells like a product used for oil painting rather than a cosmetic, and it is a bit sickening for anybody who might be sensitive to smells like this. The lotion stung in my sensitive areas, especially around my nose. The hydration had fairly good longevity, mostly lasting through the night, but my skin didn't feel as refreshed as it does with PC Resist Barrier Repair.

Overall, I would not consider a full purchase of this product.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a sample pack with cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. Out of the three products, I found the moisturizer to be the best as it felt like it was doing something. This product made my skin feel nicely moisturized and slightly smoother to the touch. The moisturizer has a faint chemically smell on application, but it dissipates after a few seconds.

Popular Moisturizers