Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

3.3

Not tested on animals

Water, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (natural emollient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Canola Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (natural emollient), Propanediol (naturally-derived penetration enhancer), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Seed Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Sodium Hyaluronate (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (natural antioxidants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (water-binding/soothing agent), Tocopherol (pure vitamin E/antioxidant), Hydrogenated Lecithin (natural cell-communicating ingredient), Thermus Thermophillus Ferment (natural water-binding agent), Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (natural emollient), Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid (natural amino acids/water-binding agents), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Carrageenan (natural thickeners), Sodium Lactate (natural skin conditioning agent), Potassium Stearate (synthetic emulsifier), Sodium PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Glyceryl Stearate (plant-derived thickener), PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Silica (natural mineral thickener), Xanthan Gum (natural thickener), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Potassium Sorbate (natural preservatives), Sodium Benzoate (synthetic preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (synthetic solvent), Phenoxyethanol (synthetic preservative).

on 5/22/2016 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Pros : Not Greasy, Goes On Smoothly, Absorbs Quickly
Cons : Irritating, Not Long-Lasting, Bad Smell
Best Uses : Daily Use

I was excited to try Earth Sourced night moisturizer because of its impressive ingredients, especially shea butter and a multitude of botanical oils which are all great for skin. I found the product to be a lovely texture--a mid-weight lotion, elegantly smooth and easy to apply to face without tugging at skin. It felt very light on skin, and soaked in fairly quickly. When first applied, my skin felt well hydrated.

On the other hand, I found the scent to be really off-putting. This product contains linseed oil, and that is what I smell very strongly. It smells like a product used for oil painting rather than a cosmetic, and it is a bit sickening for anybody who might be sensitive to smells like this. The lotion stung in my sensitive areas, especially around my nose. The hydration had fairly good longevity, mostly lasting through the night, but my skin didn't feel as refreshed as it does with PC Resist Barrier Repair.

Overall, I would not consider a full purchase of this product.

I'm all about natural products and this is easily the best natural moisturizer I've ever tried! I love how light it feels, there's no thick or greasy feeling like with some night creams yet it is very hydrating for my combo skin. It is packed with antioxidants. I apply this at night and wake up with a baby smooth face. LOVE!

To Read all 30 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got a sample pack with cleanser, toner, and moisturizer. Out of the three products, I found the moisturizer to be the best as it felt like it was doing something. This product made my skin feel nicely moisturized and slightly smoother to the touch. The moisturizer has a faint chemically smell on application, but it dissipates after a few seconds.

on 6/10/2015 12:25:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I really think Paula should reformulate this product. I can use the Earth Sourced gel cleanser and toner with no irritation but this lotion burns. Granted, my skin is very sensitive and I've been using La Roche Posay Toleriane products for this reason. So I thought I'd give the lotion to someone with tougher skin. It burned her face, too. Luckily I had a bottle of Paula's Skin Recovery Enriched Calming Toner, which I applied after washing the Earth Sourced Moisturizer off my face. I would like the PC line to add a product similar to Kate Somerville's Eczema Therapy cream, which I really love but which retails for 48 dollars. Most of the Aveeno line features collodial oatmeal, which is extremely soothing to sensitives including those with rosacea and dermatitis. Can't recommend the Earth Sourced Moisturizer but the Earth Sourced Gel Cleanser from the same line is excellent.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This burned my face and didn't stop burning until I washed it off, like an hour later. I tried to wait it out but it didn't stop. I bought this because it contained borage oil which my rosacea usually loves but something in this caused my skin to REACT. I cannot imagine using this on sensitive baby skin. I will be returning this.

I love this moisturizer! It looks like many of the bad reviews are from people with dry skin. I completely agree that this is not the moisturizer for them, although Paula's Choice does have quite a few marketed towards that skin type. As someone with oily/combination skin, this is perfect. It provides all the hydration my skin needs and does not trigger breakouts or irritation (which is rare because my skin is absurdly sensitive). I'm on my second tube of this and like it so much that I just ordered the Earth Sourced cleanser and toner, too.

Although this has good ingredients, this is not a good moisturizer for dry or dehydrated skin. I gave it a 3 because of ingredients, packaging and it didn't break me out. It didn't irritate my overly sensitive skin, but I don't think it gave enough nourishment either. I had little dry patches EVERYWHERE. One of my worst make-up days ever.

on 2/9/2015 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love paulas choice. But this product sucks. I had a sample. Firstly when rubbing it on my face it was streaky and hard to soak in. After it dried, my face felt very dry. If I were to touch or rub my face the moisturiser would roll off in little balls. Try the other moisturizers.

on 10/1/2014 6:22:00 PM

Everyday staple. I think that it could use Hylauronic Acid.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I like the ingredients, and I have noticed that my tone is more even and I have a healthy glow when I use this lotion.
It has a very neutral, earthy scent, which I also like, as I'm not a big fan of perfumy products
For my oily skin, I find a little amount goes a long way. I mean a very, very little. With a small amount, my skin will not get oily and is moisturized without getting greasy.
I would say this is the perfect moisturizer for oily skin or t-zone. It would probably be too light for people with normal or dry skin.