Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

Filtered by age: 19-24
Paula's Choice Earth Sourced Antioxidant-Enriched Natural Moisturizer

2.7

Not tested on animals

Water, Theobroma Cacao (Cocoa) Seed Butter (natural emollient), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Canola Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter (natural emollient), Propanediol (naturally-derived penetration enhancer), Borago Officinalis (Borage) Seed Oil, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Seed Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Sodium Hyaluronate (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Seed Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Myrtillus (Bilberry) Leaf Extract, Malpighia Punicifolia (Acerola) Fruit Extract, Lycium Barbarum Fruit Extract (natural antioxidants), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (water-binding/soothing agent), Tocopherol (pure vitamin E/antioxidant), Hydrogenated Lecithin (natural cell-communicating ingredient), Thermus Thermophillus Ferment (natural water-binding agent), Rosa Canina (Rose Hip) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Seed Oil, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Oil (antioxidant plant oils), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (natural emollient), Arginine, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Proline, Threonine, Isoleucine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Aspartic Acid (natural amino acids/water-binding agents), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax, Hydrolyzed Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Carrageenan (natural thickeners), Sodium Lactate (natural skin conditioning agent), Potassium Stearate (synthetic emulsifier), Sodium PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Glyceryl Stearate (plant-derived thickener), PCA (natural skin-repairing ingredient), Silica (natural mineral thickener), Xanthan Gum (natural thickener), Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate, Potassium Sorbate (natural preservatives), Sodium Benzoate (synthetic preservative), Benzyl Alcohol (synthetic solvent), Phenoxyethanol (synthetic preservative).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is a strange moisturizer for me. I like it, it has more good natural ingredients, is fragrance free, a little goes a long way so this could last you awhile, nice packaging. But if I'm not careful and don't let my previous products soak in COMPLETELY this will ball up on me. I've never had this happen before with a moisturizer. I feel like it does a "passable" job at moisturising but nothing my normal to dry skin is particularly impressed with. Maybe this would work better for normal to oily skin? I use this at night and it doesn't irritate my skin or anything, but I don't wake up and say WOW to my skin in the morning since adding this to my routine. So I think once I use this up I'll be looking elsewhere for a PM moisturizer that's more moisturising, skin softening, anti redness, and really gives me that "glow" that I'm looking for.
However, if you're looking for more "natural" ingredients that has science to back it up and this works for you, it's not a bad product!

on 2/9/2015 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love paulas choice. But this product sucks. I had a sample. Firstly when rubbing it on my face it was streaky and hard to soak in. After it dried, my face felt very dry. If I were to touch or rub my face the moisturiser would roll off in little balls. Try the other moisturizers.

on 11/3/2013 11:10:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Got this in a few samples, I wanted a day lotion for my combo skin that gets oily in the t zone, but gets flaky around my nose and other areas. What I really wanted was a silky finish, and this was the opposite. Kinda tacky, like if you press your finger against your skin it sticks a little. Not what I was expecting for a lotion for combo skin. Took a long time to absorb as well.

on 3/9/2013 8:25:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I got this because I wanted to try something different and this one is reasonably priced and loaded with antioxidants. Being "Earth Friendly" was not my goal. I mean, I like being ecoconscious, but in terms of skincare I don't mind synthetics.

PROS: It's not greasy or thick, yet it contains a TON of oil (8 oils total, most in the top 10) and antioxidants.

CONS: Everybody has already commented on it - it's not that hydrating. It has a lot of water in it and I think that is why. I don't mean it's watery or runny, I mean that when I spread it, it doesn't have drag or thickness, it's just very "thinnable". This is the first thing I noticed about this product, it just spreads VERY easily. Paula's Choice says it is a "rich, yet surprisingly light lotion" and that's pretty accurate (rich in ingredients though, not feel). I really don't understand how it can have cocoa seed butter (ingredient 2), glycerin (3), 3 different oils (4-6), and shea butter all as the top 7 ingredients but have such a NON-feeling to it. Not heavy, not shiny finish at all, and absorbs really quickly.

OTHER: The packaging and description says "All skin types" and along with the amount of oils in it, I thought it would be ok. However, the site also mentions Normal, Oily, Combination as being better in another part, and that is more true.

OVERALL: Over time I have noticed my skin being much less hydrated (the point where my face feels tight as the product dries), so this is definitely not for drier skin (I used it for both AM and PM). This would be best for skin that already has enough moisture, those who hate any product feeling, and for use in the warmer months. It's not a horrible product in the end.

UPDATE: Weird, it's making me shiny now when i use it. Must be the high glycerin content. I never like tons of glycerin.

on 12/28/2012 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For about a month, my skin was at its best. Now, it feels just as good as a cheap drugstore moisturizer that doesn't last long. It's very thin and leaves an oily residue. This might be a better moisturizer for just nights, but for every day, twice a day, it's not the best.

First off I have to say how expensive PC is outside US & Canada. I paid 60 USD for the earth sourced 3 step line & it was already on sale! The moisturizer alone usually cost around 45 USD which is twice of the price listed on PC's official site.

I do love natural products that are colorant & fragrance free & I've been using this set for around 3 weeks & I've actually noticed an improvement with my combination-slightly sensitive skin.

The texture is rather light & creamy which I think suits my combination skin really well. Heavy cream moisturizers normally break me out & fluid moisturizers tend to leave dry patches. It does leave a mild film on the face but that doesn't bother me too much since it does leave my skin feeling more plumped & moisturized.

My main complaint has to be how small the bottle is, it will probably only last me a month or two max with daily usage, & given the prices here, its hardly economical.

I will repurchase definately if its cheaper here, but not HG enough for me to shell out 45 USD every one or two months definately. Physiogel's moisturizers seems to work for me as well & at a much lower cost.

Popular Moisturizers