SpaRitual Nail Polish / Lacquer

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

SpaRitual is Orly's higher-end range and is supposed to be more natural. I've had complements on the color and finish of my mani when I wear these. Smooth opaque coverage in 1 - 2 coats with cremes that seem to smooth over my ridged nails better than other brands. Shiny finish that resists scratches. Wear very good, around 4 or 5 days with tip wear, and no chips. Packaging is adorable, the rubberised cap is easy to grip securely and feels more silky than other rubber compacts/lids which I find often feel go sticky with time (Nars, Orly ect). Removes easily without any issues, using a standard drugstore remover. No range is without its duds but I've been lucky in the 3 shades I've tried.

One lippy off for the "just ok" brush. A standard small round one, that spreads out polish evenly as long as I pay attention. Not as easy as the flat tapered brush like Rimmel, Chanel, Lancome. More like a slightly thicker Essie one. I wouldn't risk buying a pastel creme from this range as I've found they need the right brush to get a non-streaky finish. But for any other shade I'd be happy to buy again.

on 4/12/2013 11:28:00 AM

I really wanted to like this nail polish but this isn't the case.

What I like:
* Non toxic nail polish
* Packaging (love the rubber cap)

What I don't like:
* Awful formula, watery thin
* Bad application, streaky.
* Hard to get full opacity, needs up to 4 or 5 coats
* Expensive
* Not long lasting wear

That's enough to not repurchase.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Review for Crystal Waters from Cool Contraltos Collection....OMG this is the most perfect Mermaid topaz turquoise shimmer ever!!..Is the colour of the Med sea ...its just so the most perfect holiday/summer colour...I've done 3 coats with a Base coat & Seche Vite top coat ..on my finger nails & toes but only have had it on a day so will have to add comments on longevity of manicure later...The bottle is lovely and chunky with a tapered rubber cap handle which is easy to grip and the brush is long and very easy to use to paint with...I did'nt have any streaks with this polish its so easy to paint & the coverage is great....Did I say the colour is abs divine!

on 4/27/2012 11:02:00 AM

This is one of the best quality nailpolishes I have ever tried. Granted I haven't tried all the colors but I feel the quality of this brand is amazing. Their brights and dark shades are very pigments, most only need 2 coats. But what amazed me is their creams. Most cream colors are streaky and very difficult to apply. Plus I have ridges on my nails so it makes it harder to apply evenly. I thought wide brushes give the best and easiest application but the brush on this one isn't wide but a bit shorter and because of the formula it just applies beautifully. Colors I've tried are;
Hypnotic, epicurean, stiletto : both fully opaque it two coats, subtle fine shimmer
Idyllic : baby pink, sheer cream, no shimmer, gives a jelly like finish. Apply 2 to 3 coats, leaves a natural jelly like finish.
Drying time is a bit longer compared to those super fast drying formulas but I find that most vegan polishes like zoya dries about the same time anyway.
I also like this formula because it's not too thick unlike some zoya nailpolishes.
My only complaint about this brand is that it is not readily available anywhere and that's too bad because $10 is not a bad price for these polishes. And I find it difficult to find swatches online. And different colors are sold a different places. I am so happy that my sephora now carries them but still difficult finding swatches for the colors they carry.

Popular Polishes