Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick

Max Factor Colour Elixir Lipstick

4.3

on 5/1/2016 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

These lipsticks are just brilliant! They're affordable, have great packaging, beautiful pigment and great lasting power.
There's a wide colour range so you're bound to find something you love. I have 5 shades (Pink Brandy, English Rose, Midnight Mauve, Mulberry and Raisin) and get wear out of all of them. The formula is really moisturising and hydrates the lips as you wear them. I had no reaction to it.
I love the sweet scent and there is no particularly strong taste.

**Beware though, some of the colours have a very frosty finish!!

on 2/24/2016 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

The price is affordable, the pigmentation is really great, it doesn't stay long on the lips though.. have to reapply every couple of hours

To Read all 34 Reviews, Login or Join

I have this one in Mulberry. I love the colour, although it looks a lot better with my summer-tan than it did in winter. For this price range, I think the packaging looks really nice. The lipstick stays on for a few hours, and when it starts disappearing it fades, instead of creating a lot of colour difference. For my personal taste, it's a bit to shiny, therefore I wouldn't buy it again. Another con is that your lips get dry after wearing this for a while.

on 6/16/2015 6:03:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I LOVE THESE LIPSTICKS!!
I have currently own: maroon dust, burnt caramel and chili. And I love all of them!

On me the maroon dust is nude, the burnt caramel is nude shades and chili is just a gorgeous red (for when I want to feel special).

The three lipsticks I own are all good quality and last a decent amount of time on my lips, so good value for the price (would differently repurchase).

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have 4 of these and i must say that I'm loving them. The colors are very pigmented and the texture is very smooth and lightweight as if you're not wearing them. My favorites are chilli and burnt caramel. They compliment my skin tone. I feel so confident when i wear them. It has a fair lasting power. It can survive a few drinks bit you really need to touch up after eating a meal. Overall, it's great!

on 5/4/2015 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have this in 630 Eternal Flame. The colour is a gorgeous transparent hot pink! I think this would look good on 99% of people. It leaves a little bit of a stain as it fades, which I also really like. This doesn't dry my lis out, but I DO use it over a lip balm. Even on dryish lips though, this colours still looks pretty. Doesn't irritate my sensitive lips. Smells nice... Which is very different from what it tastes! I can't really describe it well, but it's tastes something plasticky-crayola-herbal-unnatural. Really nasty taste to me, and it lasts as long as the lipstick does. These lipsticks come in great colours, but I won't repurchase because I hate the taste. Tastes like something that isn't supposed to be ingested...

on 4/3/2015 10:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This is definitely my most favorite lipstick and be warned I am a lipstick collector (euphemism for hoarder lol) I have over 100 lippies. I have 5 shades of this : English Rose, Angel Pink, Pink Brandy, Simply Nude and Rosewood. And I still want at least two more ( Dusky Rose and Pearl Maroon) . It applies like a dream, very very velvety, has a gorgeous smell and sturdy gold luxurious packaging. I want to dive into a swimming pool filled with Max Factor Colour Elixir lipsticks lol. Max Factor is definitely my favorite drugstore brand.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have this in Mulberry. I get compliments all the time when I wear this beautiful berry-golden-fuchsia lipstick. It's soooo pretty and it has a moiré effect. It glides on, doesn't set into lines and stays for about 4 hours before it needs a touch-up. I like it a lot and will repurchase.

on 3/7/2015 7:25:00 AM

I've been collecting these lipsticks now, just because I adore them, they fit every look, every outfit and every occasion. One of my beauty best buys. Burnt Caramel, Rosewood and Firefly are my personal favourites.

on 12/25/2014 7:17:00 AM

I've got Ruby Tuesday, a cool, pinky red.
Very moisturising, absolutely beautiful and it lasts ages.
The packaging is awful, it's difficult to open and close and doesn't look that glamorous either.