Jergens Natural Glow & Protect Daily Moisturizer with SPF20

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Jergens Natural Glow & Protect Daily Moisturizer with SPF20

4.4

clean smell, gradual color, goes on well and dries non tacky. spf defintiely a huge plus.
ive tried other pricier brands and they always seem to clog pores, causing blackheads and milia :-( this does not.
i am very fair skinned freckly asian mix and this evens me out and offer some protection to boot.
would recommend and will buy over and over again.

on 3/25/2014 4:06:00 PM

This product has been sitting in my closet for a year or so now. My mom gave me an extra bottle she had and I was sure I'd use it and didn't...until now. I had used it before but I don't think on my face. Anyway, this found new life recently as I gave up wearing makeup this year for Lent (the season leading up to Easter). I know, what you're thinking? Is she crazy?! Trust me, I've asked myself that many times during my lifetime, but especially in the last few weeks. ;)

Not that I wear a ton of makeup or anything. I pride myself on being the master of looking like I'm not wearing makeup (but still wearing it - duh!) Anyway, I found this in my closet and thought, why not give this a try? It's got SPF which I'm not prone to wear so I figured it was serving a dual purpose - making me feel not so naked without my makeup while protecting my skin. I hate most foundations but found Revlon Colorstay years ago and have never looked back...until now.

Well, as I've said in all my reviews, I have UBER sensitive skin. I mean like everything and anything cause breakouts. I used proactive once and got hives - yikes! Anyway, I've been using this and it's awesome! It totally looks like I got some sun naturally (impossible right now where I live) but still feels good. It doesn't make me a total grease ball which I was worried about. It just gives me a little bit of color and I'm not sure I'll even go back to foundation again. This is enough to make me feel confident and make my skin look great! Good luck!

I really love this stuff. I love gradual self tanners like these because they are hard to mess up and usually don't streak.

This one does build color that is very natural looking---for me, it reaches its peak in about 4 days (this is the "fair to medium shade") and then I can continue to maintain it.

It does have SPF 20 in it, which means that I will only use it during the day. Maybe it'll help me become more vigilant about using sunscreen on my body since I usually just use SPF on my face. What I don't like though is that the sunscreen in here is chemical oxybenzone. I guess it has to be one like that, because if you put a physical block sunscreen it wouldn't work with a self tanner...

As for the smell---it claims no odor. It uses a disguised fragrance which actually is ok going on. After a while, you do smell some self tanner smell. But it's really much IMPROVED from anything I've used in the past. So it is getting better. I really feel like I can wear this on a daily basis and it's very minimal unless I was using a whole ton. It used to be that I could only wear self tanner at night and then I'd be wanting to wash my sheets daily because that self tanner odor would linger.

Other pros---it really does go on like a nice lotion.

Really recommend for a pretty color, SPF, and you get a good quantity even if the price is a bit high.

on 6/16/2013 4:47:00 PM

I was very eager to try this because of everything I had read about it having no "self-tanner odor". Smelled it in the tube and, nope, no "tanner odor". However, after it was applied, the odor showed up, and is still there, hours later. I like the way it goes on (like a body lotion), had no streaks, and the color showed up within a few hours. I'd like it better if it were in a pump bottle, instead of tube, but that's not as much a negative to me as the odor. I'm going to keep looking for one without that "tanner smell", but if I can't find one, I would buy the Jergens Natural Glow again.

on 3/13/2013 4:28:00 PM

The new lotion claims to be odor free. NOT TRUE. I have been smelling that same tell-tell self tanner smell all day.

on 3/3/2013 10:23:00 PM

LOVE SO FAR! I bought this product a few days ago. I heard some really great reviews on it and one of the biggest selling points for me was the fact that it stated "great color WITHOUT ODOR" right on the front. If theres anything that annoys me to no end, its smelling like some nasty chemicals after I apply a self tanner.

FIRST I want to start by saying that I am PALE. Like pasty, paper-white, almost albino looking kind of pale. Thankfully in the summer I get some color. When I first applied this after my shower in the morning, there was no difference. The lotion itself is white and thus did not change my white skin right away. As the day went on a definitely saw a little bit of color starting to creep up. Which was good, but not great. I want noticeable tan. So before bed, I decided to put some more on. And within a few minutes, I swear, I got darker.

As for the smell. When i first smelled it out of the tube, it smelled florally. It had the SLIGHTEST hint of that self tanner smell, understandable. I didn't expect this product to completely avoid that. But I was satisfied that I didn't smell disgusting. BUT as the day went on, it got worse. Which is why I didn't give this product an outstanding rating. The smell wasnt unbearable, but it was there, and I knew it. Not sure if anyone else around me knew it though.

All in all, I've used this product all over my body and even my face, and I don't look like a piece of paper anymore. And the smell is much more discreet than any other product I've tried. Mission accomplished.

Wow, I love this product! This new formula with SPF is leaps and bounds better than their previous non-SPF version. It has SPF 20, a really smooth consistency, comes out of the tube easily, has a barely-noticeable self-tanner smell (yes!!!), rubs in easily, and dries quickly.

What's the word that means the opposite of a perfectionist? Because that's me when it comes to applying lotion and self-tanner--I just want to get it over with. This product hasn't turned out streaky or blotchy at all on me, and that's saying something. I do think the color is a tad orange, but perhaps that's because I used the one for medium to tan skin tones, and I'm relatively fair. Despite that, I will continue to use this since it feels good going on, doesn't irritate my skin, and makes me look sun-kissed.

The tube I bought was $12 at Target, and came with a free mini tube of the new self-tanner + SPF for face, which I also love (provides SPF 20, non-greasy moisture, evens skin tone, and doesn't cause me breakouts). Way to go Jergens!

on 7/23/2012 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this stuff! I was looking for something that would make my complexion look more healthy. I had previously used Neostrata sunless tanner but I didn't like it on my face. This is exactly what I was looking for. It has an SPF, which is an added bonus, it isn't greasy or heavy at all and it gives a gradual, natural-looking glow. I use this as my daily moisurizer in order to maintain my colour. This never looks orange or fake on my skin and I have used it day and night in the past. I imagine it would be very difficult to mess this up.

Jergens has greatly improved their product: decent smell, less streaks, more natural color. However....I'm finding that it wears off pretty quick, and unevenly at that. Just wanted to let others know.

on 5/5/2012 12:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

FINALLY! a tanner for those of us who hate to take the time to make sure the cream is VERY even to prevent streaks and who cannot put on a second coat without streaking.

I had avoided the "daily" gradual tan products figuring they'd not work well---swapped for Nevia's(sp) and liked the results, but not the coffee smell. Tried jergens' NO smell, love that. Then it does give good moisture which I need since I am a swimmer.

But the gradual color is fantastic. Even colors my hands, top of my feet, elbows, ankles and knees without extra stain! I'm in LOVE. I do remember to wash the palms of my hands (not the top) to make sure that area stays ok, but the rest is wonderful.

Add in that it has SPF 20 and I use on my face and neck to protect me when gardening. At 10 bucks it's not Cheap, but I've gotten a bunch of uses and still have half a tube left.

Give it a shot, it's worth it!